SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2011, 10:09 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipm785 View Post
Today I stuck my included AR8000 in a Parkzone Corsair and "maidened" my new DX-8. Beautiful radio. There are so many nice touches in the way the programming works, like the ability to change BOTH endpoints on servo travel at once. It's a small thing but saves a bunch of hassle. Controls all have a really nice feel. I'm looking forward to getting to know it more and starting to add some of my larger and more complex models where I can really get the benefit of features like servo speed, mixes, etc.
Yes it is. It will be nice to get the reliability issue behind us so we can focus on the features and the nice work Andy and others have done.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2011, 10:54 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
873 Posts
Rest assured, Horizon/Spektrum is starting to converge on a solution for a reliable radio. I sent mine in 4 times to the shop (for internal hardware upgrades and fixes) already (first radio to hit the market), and the fourth trip (about a month ago) produced a a radio that is now working properly. It has an "HC" prefix PID, so I don't have to send it in for this latest blowout. When you guys all get yours back, it should be working fine (I know it's hard to believe)....
teryn1 is offline Find More Posts by teryn1
Old Jun 08, 2011, 11:14 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
Thanks for the response. I had sent it in via an alternate method. I mainly wanted to see in my Mac was the problem or if others had the same issue.
Sent mine from my Macbook Pro, no problem. Got the shipping lable the next day.

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Jun 08, 2011, 11:23 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
+1 here

Quote:
Originally Posted by teryn1 View Post
Rest assured, Horizon/Spektrum is starting to converge on a solution for a reliable radio. I sent mine in 4 times to the shop (for internal hardware upgrades and fixes) already (first radio to hit the market), and the fourth trip (about a month ago) produced a a radio that is now working properly. It has an "HC" prefix PID, so I don't have to send it in for this latest blowout. When you guys all get yours back, it should be working fine (I know it's hard to believe)....
boatdoc is offline Find More Posts by boatdoc
Old Jun 09, 2011, 02:17 AM
Sundsvall
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
I think I saw this question before but I can't recall I saw an answer. For how long is the bulletin valid? I mean can I wait until end of august to send it in and still get the fix free?
I'm only going to be using DSMX capable receivers in my large planes from now on but I still like to be able to use DSM2 things like the Blade mSR and other without incident.
SEALen is offline Find More Posts by SEALen
Old Jun 09, 2011, 04:45 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
Pete, there's one for radio technical manager for Spektrum. You could be the guy in charge!
I wonder what happened to the old Radio Technical Manager?
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 09, 2011, 04:46 AM
Joined Feb 2011
71 Posts
Received my DX8 just a week ago, so far am very happy with it but i have a few question that someone may be able to clear up (I'm using Heli in all cases).

1. The switch assignments in the Function List->Gyro and Governor pages are not reflected in the System Setup->Switch Select page and vice versa, any reason why?

2. On the System Setup->Telemetry->Flight Pack Volts page i initially select the LiPo as 6S which gives values for Max/Min. i then tweak the Min value upward. After a certain point the Lipo size will change to 7S - you need to come out of Flight Pack Volts and go back in again to see it. The warning still works but i'm curious why the LiPo value changes.

3. The GEAR switch seem to be called MIX on various pages e.g. System Setup->Switch Select ?
2bob is offline Find More Posts by 2bob
Old Jun 09, 2011, 04:48 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
Resumes go to the employer, not from.
Right, I meant application. I have been self employed for 20 years, I havent been to an interview in a while.
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 09, 2011, 06:52 AM
prop wash
North of Toronto in Ontario
Joined Dec 2002
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALen View Post
I think I saw this question before but I can't recall I saw an answer. For how long is the bulletin valid? I mean can I wait until end of august to send it in and still get the fix free?
I'm only going to be using DSMX capable receivers in my large planes from now on but I still like to be able to use DSM2 things like the Blade mSR and other without incident.
Same question I'd like an answer too. I'll call them today and find out hopefully.

I called HH it took an hour on hold but got an answer! There is no time limit. Since I don't own any older Spektrum receivers i'll wait till the flying season is over in Dec. Almost all of my receivers are HK oranges and one DSMX 6 channel that came with my DX6I.

Glen
biggy boy is offline Find More Posts by biggy boy
Last edited by biggy boy; Jun 09, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:49 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
Same question I'd like an answer too. I'll call them today and find out hopefully.

Glen
I've read, on HH.de Service FAQ, that we can send the DX8 when we want to, expecially if we don't use DSM2 receivers at the moment.
egicar is online now Find More Posts by egicar
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:08 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bob View Post
1. The switch assignments in the Function List->Gyro and Governor pages are not reflected in the System Setup->Switch Select page and vice versa, any reason why?
Different screens for different purposes. Function menus allow you to move output channels around too.

Quote:
2. On the System Setup->Telemetry->Flight Pack Volts page i initially select the LiPo as 6S which gives values for Max/Min. i then tweak the Min value upward. After a certain point the Lipo size will change to 7S - you need to come out of Flight Pack Volts and go back in again to see it. The warning still works but i'm curious why the LiPo value changes.
It does that because you've changed the voltage enough to be in the default range for the other size pack.

No need to worry, though. The 7S selection is ONLY used when you are editing it, and then click the roller to save it. It is NOT a value we actually store - we store ONLY the voltage setpoints you provide.

If you want to set your values quickly, use the S option and it will update the voltages. You can tweak things after doing that. There is NO NEED to use the S section - it's an alternative way to enter the same data.

Quote:
3. The GEAR switch seem to be called MIX on various pages e.g. System Setup->Switch Select ?
Yes, in Heli mode the GEAR switch is renamed MIX because the MIX switch defaults to HOLD.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:10 AM
Bath, PA
Joined Nov 2001
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
You'll have to write your own resume. Here's the Careers page where you can see exactly what we have open right now.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Horizon/Careers.aspx

Keep an eye on it since it changes frequently. You can always send a resume for something not on the list.

Andy
Andy, I vote for helping get VP a job at Horizon. At least then you can moderate what he's allowed to post, and perhaps he'll have some appreciation for why you can't answer every question he asks directly. ;-)
lsnover is offline Find More Posts by lsnover
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:13 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,077 Posts
Maybe we can get him to Joe Nall as one of the Nallman Brothers

Did you know Blair plays in the band?

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:16 AM
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
766 Posts
Andy,

When they get my radio that has been sent to them, will I receive anything showing that it is in the system? I now it was signed for on the dock Tuesday.

L.
Cherokee Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer
Old Jun 09, 2011, 09:05 AM
Joined Feb 2011
71 Posts
Andy thanks for that but:

Quote:
Different screens for different purposes. Function menus allow you to move output channels around too.
Yes but both screens modify the same parameters, shouldn't each reflect the other?

Quote:
Yes, in Heli mode the GEAR switch is renamed MIX because the MIX switch defaults to HOLD.

I can see why the HOLD/MIX switch is given different names dependant on mode but i don't get why the GEAR switch has to be renamed?
2bob is offline Find More Posts by 2bob