Old Mar 13, 2010, 05:32 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey View Post
This is a bad thing?
I don't think so. Battery life is great on the DX6i, and if worse comes to worse, you can always run to the gas station down the road and get you some AAs.
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2010, 01:27 AM
Joined Jan 2006
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey View Post
This is a bad thing?
Not at all, the current Spektrum RF section run on less then 4.8 through their RF internal voltage regulator. (FCC docs shows this) I did read that it will use 8 Nimh or a lithium pack with a new way to charge. The way is that 12 volts is put , with polarity protection to the transmitter and the transmitter is the "charger". At least in the Euro version. 2.4 transmitters use a lot less power

The telemetry is what I find interesting, I also read that it maybe can use some of the older receivers for telemetry, which will make me very happy. May be they can put in a climb indicator for the glider people.

Greg
gzkpez is offline Find More Posts by gzkpez
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:41 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,303 Posts
Any more news? i'm very impatiently waiting on the DX8 in the US.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:53 AM
One cell short of a Pack
Good ole Smithsburg, MD
Joined Mar 2007
1,867 Posts
Anticipated availabilty mid-end 2010.

I did find this bit though..

It offers a fast and secure link to the model. Of course, this also includes remote control system in the range of equipment used to make Bind and Fly fly models of Horizon. The facility is equipped with telemetry. This permits real-time monitoring of flight log data and the power supply and Data from other external sensors. The facility has a modern and very ergonomic Software that is fast and intuitive. Extensive functions for area pilots, as well as for helicopter pilots from the software feature. Internally, the system stops at 30 model memories. The built-in SD card reader, however, allows an approximate unlimited number of model memories. In addition, software updates can be easily performed. The spectrum DX8 is supplied with 4 languages.
It can be set to 3 service areas - EU, France and U.S.. Furthermore, the investment in Mode 1 can be flown to 4. DX8 The spectrum needs are met almost all of the dedicated model airplanes.

Sounds like the power can be increase and decreased with the service areas?
steve1814 is online now Find More Posts by steve1814
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:19 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,190 Posts
I bought the first DX7 at my LHS when they became available. Never had any problems with this system. Poor guys at my club that wanted to wait to see if it was dependable, they are still stick with "fishing pole".

I'm in for the DX8 depending on the price. If it is too close to the X9503, I might as well get that one. Hope the DX8 stick feel will be like the DX7 or better, not like the DX6i, wich feels like a RTF radio (although a nice system for the price).

Carguy
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:24 AM
Seattle, USA
Joined Oct 2009
840 Posts
Telemetry! Yipee!

If it worked with the existing AR6100/6100e receivers, that would be amazing, but knowing how computer technology goes, it's probably too much to hope for.
jeffsch is offline Find More Posts by jeffsch
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:48 AM
Seattle, USA
Joined Oct 2009
840 Posts
Re: sensors, looks like it's new equipment (no surprise). From a translation of http://horizonhobby.de/index.php?mai...=&prod_id=6463:

Quote:
The facilities of other models, the telemetry modules and boards / sensors are also available separately. Each spectrum receiver with a data port is compatible with the telemetry module.

SPM9548 Telemetry Module
SPM9560 Air Speed Sensor Telemetry Board
SPMA9569 Air speed sensor
SPM9561 Aircraft telemetry battery power board
SPMA9570 battery voltage Sensor
SPM9562 Aircraft Telemetry Temperature Sensor Board
SPMA9571 Aircraft Temperature Sensor

Connecting in series of connected boards are available in lengths.
6 "= 15.24 cm SPM9563
9 "= 22.86 cm SPM9564
12 "= 30.48 cm SPM9565

Here's a German site that suggests some pricing for these components.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:52 AM
Seattle, USA
Joined Oct 2009
840 Posts
What is the "electronic E-ring" feature? (Just a bad translation?)
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:47 PM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,303 Posts
I think electronic E-ring is helicopter E-ccp
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:47 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
It is an advanced heli feature that limits the swash behaviour in the radio so that when the gimbal stick is at the extreme corner positions the swash will not bind mechanically. This allows the full range of Ele/Ail independently but prevents binding when they are combined at the limit. It is known as a "swash ring" because the old solution was a machined ring that would fit over the gimbal stick and into the recess at its base. The ring physically prevented the stick from being pushed into the corners.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:58 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,532 Posts
I fly with a DX6 and DX6i. Im interested in the DX8. Does anyone know in heli mode if it will support 7 point pitch curves? And in glider mode, crow braking and other 4 wing servo functions? I hope one day Spektrum telemetry will include rate of climb and altitude!
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:27 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
70 Posts
What's a tray radio? Sorry, noob here. I like the look of the 10, does anyone know if the "EU only" thing would extend to Oz?
Good Times is offline Find More Posts by Good Times
Old Apr 03, 2010, 04:53 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
I hope the DX8 stays like it is when translated for our particular side of the world.

My understanding of a tray radio is that is is designed to sit in a tray holster that hangs around your neck or shoulder. Maybe somebody will chime in that has a "right" answer.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Apr 04, 2010, 03:17 PM
making the world a weird place
Southern California.
Joined Aug 2008
282 Posts
The DX8 is about $460 in USD. A little pricey for two more channels but that is just me.
A-10_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by A-10_Flyer
Old Apr 04, 2010, 03:17 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
ouch! Its worth going to a aurora 9 for that price.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue