HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2011, 05:36 AM
Joined Dec 2010
41 Posts
Hi,

Sometimes during a flight i lost during few moment the telemetry's signal. Do you know if the flight log data in the Dx8 is good after this type of event ?

Actually the lost of telemetry during a flight is not visible in log. It will be a good idea to see the time we lost telemetry for example.
furien is offline Find More Posts by furien
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:02 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Flyer View Post
I purchased a new DX8 several months ago, I must have got a defective one, it runs every receiver I ask it to and does so well. I often wonder as I read these reports how may have already had issues with their systems and until they read about the “problems” and started watching things have now discovered pre-existing issues. They may be issues that have been present for some time; and in some cases an accident looking for a place to happen.

I have been working with R/C systems for over 40 years including building and repair and find it difficult to assign many of the problems that have been reported to the transmitter. I do however see many people who make the comment that they are going to other brands that still are posting their “expert” opinions here.

I would like to respectively suggest that if you don’t have anything useful to add, please keep your “expert opinions” to yourself.

L.
Heres the deal. I have been using a DX6i with many different receivers for the past year. Had a brownout now and then maybe 3 times in last year. I buy the DX8 and almost everytime I land I have a blinking receiver light in several different planes. I had 2-3 noticeable brownouts on Sat. I did not have these high rate of brownouts on the DX6i. Something is not right especially when there are alot of others having the same issue.

Thats my expert opinion. You can have yours too if you want.
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:04 AM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
"Likewise"
VP
What he said
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:06 AM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayars View Post
I'm sure there is some of this going on in the thread. However many of us still have multiple transmitters and do not experience the problems on them but only on the DX8.
Exactly ! There is a problem HH. Please resolve it so I can use my new $429.00 radio.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:27 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
oops!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:29 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALen View Post
You Americans have it so good. Getting your RC stuff for cheap. A AR8000 receiver is only $129,99 over there. Here in Sweden we have to pay $189 for it

Well, $37,80 is tax out of that though. We got 25% VAT (Value Added Tax) in Sweden.
But then we got free health care, free schools and no guns so I'm not complaining about that

But even if I take of the tax it's $151... $22 more than you pay...

Plz feel sorry for me...
You have Hot Rockin' Babes!
ABBA-Knowing Me Knowing You Poland Live Crystal Clear (4 min 13 sec)

VP
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:43 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
Heres the deal. I have been using a DX6i with many different receivers for the past year. Had a brownout now and then maybe 3 times in last year. I buy the DX8 and almost everytime I land I have a blinking receiver light in several different planes. I had 2-3 noticeable brownouts on Sat. I did not have these high rate of brownouts on the DX6i. Something is not right especially when there are alot of others having the same issue.

Thats my expert opinion. You can have yours too if you want.
Someone posted a Video at amother Radio Thread in this section of when he disassembled his DX6i and found the RF board (daughter card that is installed right over the main circuit board) lose and the only thing holding it down was one tiny screw at one corner. The internal Antenna cable that comes from the Antenna mast was perhaps causing some pressure to this RF Circuit board and allowing it to lift off from the Main Circuit board, at least this is what he demonstrated with his finger during the Video capture while his DX6i was opened and apart (non-powered).

It is interesting to have someone check and see if the DX8 would have the same type of assembly method as that of the DX6i with the RF board sitting over the Main Circuit board and have "a" possibility to come lose internally.

From the Video of this gentleman, it certainly looked like it was a possibility.

PS
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:47 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Someone posted a Video at amother Radio Thread in this section of when he disassembled his DX6i and found the RF board (daughter card that is installed right over the main circuit board) lose and the only thing holding it down was one tiny screw at one corner. The internal Antenna cable that comes from the Antenna mast was perhaps causing some pressure to this RF Circuit board and allowing it to lift off from the Main Circuit board, at least this is what he demonstrated with his finger during the Video capture while his DX6i was opened and apart (non-powered).

It is interesting to have someone check and see if the DX8 would have the same type of assembly method as that of the DX6i with the RF board sitting over the Main Circuit board and have "a" possibility to come lose internally.

From the Video of this gentleman, it certainly looked like it was a possibility.

PS
I checked my DX6i for this problem and everything seemed tight. They really should have another screw.
VP
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:01 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I checked my DX6i for this problem and everything seemed tight. They really should have another screw.
VP
Well, the gentleman that posted the Video used two pieces of double sticky tape and adhered the sandwiched square pieces between the RF module circuit board and the Main Circuit board and it seems like this really made things better and has diminished the possibility of the RF from any chance of wiggle off the Main circuit board.

PS
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:34 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furien View Post
Hi,

Sometimes during a flight i lost during few moment the telemetry's signal. Do you know if the flight log data in the Dx8 is good after this type of event ?

Actually the lost of telemetry during a flight is not visible in log. It will be a good idea to see the time we lost telemetry for example.
The data is good. We do not track lost telemetry data. In the DX10t you will be able to save a log file, and a section of no data will be obvious from the time stamps.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:46 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
HH replaced the RF deck in my DX8, and I still lost another plane on the very next flight. If something were loose with the RF deck, it most likely would've been repaired when they replaced it I would think.
That plane had been flown DOZENS of times with my DX6i BTW, no fancy programming, standard A/E/R/T setup, EP converted Ultra Stick with 4 standard analog servos, with separate NiMH RX pack.
That plane was AR6200 eqiupped, and I sent HH the RX and RX battery after the crash, they both tested ok.
IMHO there's more to it than 'operator error' that has been suggested so frequently, at least in a fair amount of the incidences anyway.
speedy72vega is offline Find More Posts by speedy72vega
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:52 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy72vega View Post
HH replaced the RF deck in my DX8, and I still lost another plane on the very next flight. If something were loose with the RF deck, it most likely would've been repaired when they replaced it I would think.
That plane had been flown DOZENS of times with my DX6i BTW, no fancy programming, standard A/E/R/T setup, EP converted Ultra Stick with 4 standard analog servos, with separate NiMH RX pack.
That plane was AR6200 eqiupped, and I sent HH the RX and RX battery after the crash, they both tested ok.
IMHO there's more to it than 'operator error' that has been suggested so frequently, at least in a fair amount of the incidences anyway.
Very interesting...

Is there anyway to operate the DX8 in just DSM-2 mode?

In other words just regular DSM-2 and not DSM-X?

It be interesting to see if "a" working RC Airplane model can fly in DSM using the DX8 as well as the other previous Radios you have had.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Apr 27, 2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:02 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,377 Posts
The DX8 supports DSM2, DSMX, and DSM-Marine. None of the DSMX-capable transmitters can support DSM (used only in receivers AR6000 and BR6000).

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:04 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The DX8 supports DSM2, DSMX, and DSM-Marine. None of the DSMX-capable transmitters can support DSM (used only in receivers AR6000 and BR6000).

Andy
Excuse me...

What I meant to type was DSM2 and not DSM, sorry.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:11 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,009 Posts
Just change it over to DSM2 in the setup menu.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut