HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:20 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALen View Post
I can't see anywhere that they are guaranteeing it cannot fail? They say they fully test and have a "totally reliable product". It just sounds like marketing talk to me.

Heck, even I can claim I'm totally reliable ;-)

If Futaba is using electronics in it's products they will fail now and then. It's just a fact of nature and physics.
It is more than just "Nature and Physics" There is also quality control, attention to detail, good design and manufacturing procedures and proper testing.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:56 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Its been reported for a while now the AR6200 flashing the LED. I reported this long time ago, sent both the DX8 and my AR6200 toi have them return checked out OK but still doing the same thing.

Many other owners have reported the same thing with HH sticking with NOTHING WRONG.

I have bench both my AR6200 and now using other RX's.
Yep I am getting blinking LED on my AR6200's too. Changed 1 to the AR8000 that comes with the DX8 and no more blinky but bloody hell I should be able to use existing receivers that worked with the DX6i. If I had known I would not have bought this radio. Thinking of selling and going with another mfg if a fix is not made available soon.
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:46 AM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Well if you switch to another mfg then you will be buying a new transmitter and all new receivers. You can just replace the 6200s you have now.

Try this. Find a non DX8 fellow Spectrum/JR pilot at your club or flying field who is using receivers other then 6200s like the ar500. Tell him you'll trade him straight up your ar6200 for his ar500. This will get him an "upgraded" receiver with satellite for free. Or trade up to 7000 for $20 or whatever. The idea is in the trade part to reduce your cost and get rid of the 6200s.

You of course could also just let everyone know you are upgrading to the new DSMX receivers with telemetry and are selling your present 6200 receivers for $40 cash or whatever.

You get the idea,
Carlo
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Old Apr 26, 2011, 08:42 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Well, unfortunately I only got 1 flight in on my new JR X9503 this weekend due to weather, and it worked flawlessly.
I plan on flying all of my planes (the ones that have survived, that is) that had the disconnect issues with the DX8, not changing anything at all as far as setup is concerned, and see if my problem truely is gone.
If I fly all the same planes with no issues, purely by default that would imply that the DX8 was the culprit IMHO.
HH decided it would be better for me to step up to the JR instead of exchanging my DX8, so I did.
I will add and fly 1 plane at a time until i'm sure this radio is going to be good to go.
speedy72vega is offline Find More Posts by speedy72vega
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:06 AM
Joined Aug 2006
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFusion View Post
Quote from Futaba...."Futaba takes great pride in making sure that every new product performs flawlessly before it's offered to our customers. Others hesitate to invest so much effort in testing. Some may even consider their "first run" products a step in the process of working out bugs, using feedback from the earliest buyers. Futaba is different. When you choose a Futaba 2.4GHz FASST radio system or module/receiver set, you've selected a fully tested, well-engineered, totally reliable product one that's absolutely ready to give demanding R/C hobbyists the performance they expect."

http://www.futaba-rc.com/technology/fasst.html

I guess they disagee with your statement.

Zero GUID; Heat issue. So much for perfection.
Steel Butcher is offline Find More Posts by Steel Butcher
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:16 AM
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
887 Posts
Thought I escaped any and all DX8 problems, upgraded to DSMX without sending it back, no problems at all with about 20 recievers bound to it including everything from ultra micros, 6100, 6110, AR500/AR600, 6200, 7000 and AR8000, all work perfectly, no glitches brownouts etc, figured I lucked out for once and bought a ringer.

That was till I got the aileron issue, it would jump left 5-10 points at random when moving the elevator, and not return to 0, then after a week of this flying EPPs only it would stick, basically only going to about 80% when full left aileron was held, then after a second it would jump to 100% where it should have been. Called Horizon, got a call tag, sent my TX in on their dime last week, and hopefully it is fixed and returned shortly, they have always done right by me, and I don't expect this to be different. I really do love this TX, and it feels like I am back in the caveman days of last year with my DX6i running backup duty. When I get it back, it will be relegated to beater models and EPP for a couple outings, then hopefully it is game on after it proves itself again. The best thing is that even if they replace it and my models are wiped, I have all my profiles backed up on my laptop, and can pop the 20 some profiles back in about a minute instead of hours worth of programming from paper notes.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
Last edited by alucard0822; Apr 26, 2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:28 AM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALen View Post
If Futaba is using electronics in it's products they will fail now and then. It's just a fact of nature and physics.
The cheaper the component, the sooner it will fail. U can easily buy components that are tested to not fail for at least ten years.
Left_Drift is offline Find More Posts by Left_Drift
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:36 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFusion View Post
Quote from Futaba...."Futaba takes great pride in making sure that every new product performs flawlessly before it's offered to our customers. .
Just becuase they guarantee it doesnt mean it wont fail..matter of fact I can remember hearing of a few recalls/issues/service bulletins on new releases for Futaba. Same with Hitec Aurora 9...
Now Futaba and hitec are good brands too but no one can guarantee every release to be problem free.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:50 AM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Now Futaba and hitec are good brands too but no one can guarantee every release to be problem free.
It's simply a matter of cost, and whether the company makes more money cutting design/manufacturing/testing cost or not. Any given company will only do as little as they can get away with.

So far, I've had every possible issue with my DX8: 1. aileron pot not centering, 2. not being able to upgrade to DSMX, 3. vibration alarm causing servo's to jump.

Serves me right for being an early customer. I did learn my lesson though: instead of sending it in every time an issue came up, I shelved the DX8 waiting for all issues to be resolved. In the meantime, I'm using an A9 which was a year into production and passed the customer beta-testing phase, and I haven't had a single issue with it.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left_Drift View Post
It's simply a matter of cost, and whether the company makes more money cutting design/manufacturing/testing cost or not. Any given company will only do as little as they can get away with.

So far, I've had every possible issue with my DX8: 1. aileron pot not centering, 2. not being able to upgrade to DSMX, 3. vibration alarm causing servo's to jump.

Serves me right for being an early customer. I did learn my lesson though: instead of sending it in every time an issue came up, I shelved the DX8 waiting for all issues to be resolved. In the meantime, I'm using an A9 which was a year into production and passed the customer beta-testing phase, and I haven't had a single issue with it.
Interesting!
VP
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:19 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,518 Posts
There are complaints about different brands depending on the forum you are on. Flying giants has one on the A9 I just read. I think all the major brands are very good but as someone stated, all electronics will fail or have glitches eventually. Cheaper components are here to stay unless we are willing to pay more for the products. That being said, I wish the other electronics in my life worked as well as my DX7 and DX8. (have to add my Macs to this)

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:30 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry H View Post
There are complaints about different brands depending on the forum you are on. Flying giants has one on the A9 I just read. I think all the major brands are very good but as someone stated, all electronics will fail or have glitches eventually. Cheaper components are here to stay unless we are willing to pay more for the products. That being said, I wish the other electronics in my life worked as well as my DX7 and DX8. (have to add my Macs to this)

Harry
I would gladly pay more for reliable Made in the USA products. It used to be you get what you pay for, but I am not so sure these days. I am always proud to own an expensive top of the line product that you only have to buy once.
VP
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:36 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left_Drift View Post

Yeah some customers are extremely unlucky. I have read of customers with multiple problems with other brands new releases as well. At least most issues get fixed with absolutley no cost to the consumer.

Best bet on any new release no matter the brand is wait 6 months or so before going in on a purchase. I wanted to wait when i bought a dx8 since i had a 9503 at the time. I was going to get the 11x but impulse and cost made me buy this and an a9.
I have overall been really happy with my purchases.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:56 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I would gladly pay more for reliable Made in the USA products. It used to be you get what you pay for, but I am not so sure these days. I am always proud to own an expensive top of the line product that you only have to buy once.
VP
I go out of my way to buy US made products and will gladly pay more - to an extent. I was just looking at my compressor the other day that has a big American flag on it and in small print it says (assembled in US) - parts made in Mexico, China. Oh well, at least it has the flag on it.

Harry - sorry OT
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:58 AM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Y
Best bet on any new release no matter the brand is wait 6 months or so before going in on a purchase. I wanted to wait when i bought a dx8 since i had a 9503 at the time. I was going to get the 11x but impulse and cost made me buy this and an a9.
LOL! I did the same thing: impulse and cost made me get the DX8 and the A9. I'm generally happy... I'm about to send in the DX8 to finally upgrade it to the production version.