HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:46 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,506 Posts
Make sure you plugged the servos and power in correctly - check the little emblem showing ground, power, and signal. Your symptoms are exactly the same as when I plug them in upside down.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2011, 02:24 AM
FLY HARD OR FLY HOME TO MUMMY
Joined Jan 2011
195 Posts
i had not changed anything from when i had flown the jet 1/2 hour before. everything plugged in the same way as the last dozen flights, my rx is secured with double sided tape so it can't move and so is the antennae and they are positioned more than 3 inches apart perpendicular to each other. as i said i've got more than a dozen flights on this jet and the rx and antennae have not been moved since the first flight. any other ideas? if its any help, when i tried to re bind, the lights on the antennae work then, which at least tells me the connection between them should be ok, but like i said , after rebinding the result is the same, steady orange light on the rx and none on the antennae
jb0005 is offline Find More Posts by jb0005
Old Apr 22, 2011, 03:32 AM
Joined Jun 2008
93 Posts
Have you tried checking/cleaning the contacts of the lead that joins the rx with the remote?
krazy2 is offline Find More Posts by krazy2
Old Apr 22, 2011, 06:20 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
652 Posts
Hi Andy,

any idea about the date of publication of the next FW?

Thanks a lot and Happy Easter to you and your family!!!!

Ciao,
Egidio
egicar is online now Find More Posts by egicar
Old Apr 22, 2011, 06:33 AM
Sundsvall
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar View Post
Hi Andy,

any idea about the date of publication of the next FW?

Thanks a lot and Happy Easter to you and your family!!!!

Ciao,
Egidio
He probably have but he will most likely not say unless it's like a week away.
SEALen is offline Find More Posts by SEALen
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:26 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,506 Posts
Actually, I have no idea. I don't even know what all the new features will be.

Happy Easter to you and your family, Egidio.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:58 AM
Joined Jan 2011
195 Posts
any other ideas on my problem Andy, i pulled apart the connectors between the rx and antennae and reconnected and they looked fine.like i said there is some connection there as when i insert the bind plug i get a light on the antennae as well, but when binding is finished the one on the antennae goes out and i'm left with just a solid one on the rx and no sounds from the esc
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:04 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,506 Posts
Is the remote receiver the one that came with the base? There are incompatibilities between DSM2 and DSMX remotes so that you need to keep them paired with the proper base rx type.

Have you tried replacing the wire between base and remote?

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 22, 2011, 09:32 AM
Schweiz, BE, Uttigen
Joined Mar 2011
83 Posts
Antenna Fades Question

On my DX8 with AR8000&TM1000 (everything was bundled and shopped together)
The fade counters are counting very quickly up to more than 250 just after i turn everything on RX & TX - is this normal?? I had neverer any Frameloss or Hold so far.
The RX is horizontal and the satellite vertical mounted. The fuselage is fiber, no carbon.
See my Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4EEkedA4Gc
swashplates is offline Find More Posts by swashplates
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:05 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swashplates View Post
The fade counters are counting very quickly up to more than 250 just after i turn everything on RX & TX - is this normal?? I had neverer any Frameloss or Hold so far.
The RX is horizontal and the satellite vertical mounted. The fuselage is fiber, no carbon.
See my Video:
Are you using DSMX mode? I think they said the fade count would be higher in that mode, which is normal. But wait for Andy to answer your question to be sure. Also, I think there was a bug in an earlier version that incorrectly reported the number of fades.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:07 AM
Schweiz, BE, Uttigen
Joined Mar 2011
83 Posts
Yes it's DSMX Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
Are you using DSMX mode? I think they said the fade count would be higher in that mode, which is normal. But wait for Andy to answer your question to be sure.
Yes it's DSMX Mode
swashplates is offline Find More Posts by swashplates
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:10 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,506 Posts
It's normal for it to be higher, but if you're a few meters away it shouldn't be like that.

I sent you a PM with some questions.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:05 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
I was testing out a wing that I have just repaired and added flaps to in the garage and got very high loss count as well until I realized the RX and TX were inches apart. Started over with with a 1 meter distance and no loss at all.

Harry
Harry H is online now Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:46 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swashplates View Post
See my Video:

I have only about 20-30 fades after a flight with my T-Rex 550 with the AR8000....
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:05 PM
Joined Jan 2011
195 Posts
yes, the remote reciever is the one that came with the base( and they both came packaged with my dx8 tx)
there is no way i can change the cable between the rx and the antennae(remote reciever) for at least a week and a half as i am going away on holidays as of monday.i was hoping it was something that could be resolved by programming but by the sounds of it its looking likely that the rx can't recognise that there is a remote antennae which means the remote is not working as it should , the cable is not 100% or the rx is just not working as it should. if no one can come up with a solution i guess i'll have to send it back under warranty