HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:16 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpaceDaddy View Post
I wonder this myself. There was a question earlier in this thread about how to set up a dual rate combination switch on this unit. To me that shows that the manual was not read and that the user hadn't even looked at the bottom of the screen where they were setting up the dual rates. What are the chances that this user even knows how/why you do a range check?

Before being nailed to the wall here, this wouldn't excuse the problems with pots or receiver binding issues. I just see a lot of people newer to the hobby (myself included) go with the Spektrum stuff because of ease of use, price, availability in the LHS.

Happy with my Dx8, dislikes one of the fields that I fly at because only DSM/DSM2 Spektrum equipment has lockout issues there.

I was the one that asked that question and it was based on how I setup th 6i with a combi switch. I was expecting you could setup a dual rate switch independtley for a channel and then set up 1 switch to activate all with one flip of a switch. In the X8 you set one switch and thats it so thats why I was asking. And I do now how to do a range check.

And why does your field have lockout issues ? Are you doing a range check and have you checked all your connections. Have you read the manual ?

Errrrrr...
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:27 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Would this be with AR6200 rx's??
AR500 in the Corsair and AR6100 in the Handyman I believe
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:54 AM
Almere, Netherlands
Joined Mar 1999
572 Posts
Quote:
Depending on the type of model you have it selected, in ACRO you could use throttle curve. then select the RUD D/R and move the toggle switch to the desired position that you want it to have affect on the throttle. Then adjust the throttle curve to be all at zero and leave the curve NORMAL in the other 2 switch position.

Toggling the switch with cause the throttle to go to zero or desired position.
In theory and in the servo monitor screen its WORKS.
Also usable with reversed (pulled) throttle?
niek is offline Find More Posts by niek
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:23 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,341 Posts
Just an FYI. Had a customer come in today with his new DX8, it was showing -8 for elevator and -2 for Aileron in the monitor screen. I checked sub-trims and mixes and everything looked good so I deleted the model from memory and then restored it from the card and Voilą! Everything showed normal on the monitor screen.

Maybe worth a shot for you guy's experiencing "stick calibration" issues.

Mike
Fig Jam is online now Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:55 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,449 Posts
PLEASE LISTEN:

If your DX8 is showing non-zero centering on the sticks when the sticks are centered and the trims are centered, it NEEDS to come back for service.

PERIOD.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:30 PM
USA, OH, Cleveland
Joined Apr 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
I was the one that asked that question and it was based on how I setup th 6i with a combi switch. I was expecting you could setup a dual rate switch independtley for a channel and then set up 1 switch to activate all with one flip of a switch. In the X8 you set one switch and thats it so thats why I was asking. And I do now how to do a range check.

And why does your field have lockout issues ? Are you doing a range check and have you checked all your connections. Have you read the manual ?

Errrrrr...
The point I was trying to make was that if I go to my LHS the only radio I will find is Spektrum. Someone new to the hobby would pick one of these up and learn on it. I would bet that there are more new flyers on Spektrum/JR than any other brand, and they are going to run into more problems because they are new to the hobby. As I said before, this doesn't rule out the hardware problems such as the bad pots.

The field has this very specific area where I lost the link both times and probably has something to do with the communications tower off in the distance. I thought that it was odd that my 6i never had this problem but the 8 does. I plan on installing the telemetry module on a foamy glider that will land itself if the signal goes out to see if DSMX will prevent this type of problem.
SnarkyMcSnarkson is online now Find More Posts by SnarkyMcSnarkson
Old Apr 12, 2011, 05:09 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
PLEASE LISTEN:

If your DX8 is showing non-zero centering on the sticks when the sticks are centered and the trims are centered, it NEEDS to come back for service.

PERIOD.

Andy
Andy re the flashing of the cursor in monitor screen (twitching servo)we have sent one DX8 back to Model Flight South Australia via local Melbourne hobby shop and it came back still with the same fault ,my question is do they as your agents do they get informed on common faults and fixes?
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Apr 12, 2011, 05:54 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,449 Posts
Yes, there's a notification system between our HQ service center and all the others around the world. You may have returned equipment before there was a known fix, though.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:21 PM
United States, UT, Cottonwood Heights
Joined Apr 2011
26 Posts
Andy, when would one be able to feel comfortable in ordering a new DX8 that would incorporate the most up to date fixes? I would find it pretty sad to think I would have to send in a "NEW" radio right after I purchased it.

Thanks,
Lon
lrtrees is offline Find More Posts by lrtrees
Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:26 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrtrees View Post
Andy, when would one be able to feel comfortable in ordering a new DX8 that would incorporate the most up to date fixes? I would find it pretty sad to think I would have to send in a "NEW" radio right after I purchased it.

Thanks,
Lon
Agreed!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:43 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrtrees View Post

Thanks,
Lon
Several weeks ago.

Keep in mind, LHS stock may not be as current as direct from www.horizonhobby.com

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:42 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
PLEASE LISTEN:

PERIOD.

Andy
Andy, just how recent is this advice?

My DX8 has been back twice now, for the vibration alarm issue and the 2.0 upgrade problem and it has always shown 1% rather than 0 on the rudder centre.

So despite being returned twice now and apparently having been checked each time by HH staff, you are saying I should send it back a 3rd time?
Telrin is offline Find More Posts by Telrin
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:05 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,275 Posts
I think that statement was made on the notion that the in-balance is greater then 1% and not caused by the spring tensioning difference from left to right and vice versa that re-adjusting most often cures the 1% in-balance.

many are experiencing greater value differences and should return the radio for service.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:16 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
679 Posts
Quote:
I think that statement was made on the notion that the in-balance is greater then 1% and not caused by the spring tensioning difference from left to right and vice versa that re-adjusting most often cures the 1% in-balance.

many are experiencing greater value differences and should return the radio for service.
I am hoping that is the case, but Andy didn't say 'greater than 3%' for example, he said 'non-zero' so I just want to be sure.
Telrin is offline Find More Posts by Telrin
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:21 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,275 Posts
Fully understand. Its just you have to remember that some were experiencing non centering that was simply caused by the spring tension not be equal and that re-adjusting them re-centered the sticks.

I think anything elso beyond this SHOULD be address by HH of course.

Some have reported spraying WD-40 , contact clearner and other things to the pots fixing the issues but one should not have to do this on a new radio...
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip