SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 07, 2011, 11:04 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM42 View Post
Well, I think I've read enough. Thank you Guy Hanson for some help out of the mud.
The reputation that Horizon has for customer service speaks for itself.
I'm ordering a new DX8.
Good Luck!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2011, 11:06 AM
Australia
Joined Oct 2010
145 Posts
Quote:
Well, I think I've read enough. Thank you Guy Hanson for some help out of the mud.
I'm ordering a new DX8.
Are you serious. Good luck to ya man. Ive had three units all faulty.
GoneFusion is offline Find More Posts by GoneFusion
Old Apr 07, 2011, 11:41 AM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
I'm ordering a new DX8.
+1

I was originally hesitant to purchase due to the problems seen in this thread. I have many nice models that I don't want to see falling from the sky. I waited a while for rev. 2 of the software and made the purchase. The more negative I saw on this thread and the mCP X heli thread the more I wanted both of them. I root for the underdog in sports too.

So far not one issue with the DX8 on 10 helis and planes but I still have 20 more models to move from my DX6i and DX7.

I also have two of the mCP X heli's without one issue (40+ flights on each).

99% of the people with problems will report them in the forums, loudly, repeatedly and with passion. 1% of the people without problems will report the lack of problems once (while those with problems bash them unmercifully for their lack of sense). It kind of skews reality and makes it impossible to know the real depth of the problem.

I'm not saying there aren't potential issues with either product. I'm saying I have faith that if there is an issue it will be taken care of by the great Horizon support I've experienced to date.

So far I love my DX8 and am glad I made the purchase.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:02 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Maybe there is hope! All I know is if and when I am flying my preordered DX8 "Tx only", I will be more nervous than I was last year considering I had never flown before!
VP
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:14 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Maybe there is hope! All I know is if and when I am flying my preordered DX8 "Tx only", I will be more nervous than I was last year considering I had never flown before!
VP
Yes, there is hope! Here's looking forward to your new one working 100% perfectly.

P.S. I can't say I'm not nervous but so far everything has been fine.
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:16 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
+1

I was originally hesitant to purchase due to the problems seen in this thread. I have many nice models that I don't want to see falling from the sky. I waited a while for rev. 2 of the software and made the purchase. The more negative I saw on this thread and the mCP X heli thread the more I wanted both of them. I root for the underdog in sports too.

So far not one issue with the DX8 on 10 helis and planes but I still have 20 more models to move from my DX6i and DX7.

I also have two of the mCP X heli's without one issue (40+ flights on each).

99% of the people with problems will report them in the forums, loudly, repeatedly and with passion. 1% of the people without problems will report the lack of problems once (while those with problems bash them unmercifully for their lack of sense). It kind of skews reality and makes it impossible to know the real depth of the problem.

I'm not saying there aren't potential issues with either product. I'm saying I have faith that if there is an issue it will be taken care of by the great Horizon support I've experienced to date.

So far I love my DX8 and am glad I made the purchase.
HH has great customer service and puts out a top notch product. I agree with you, but who is going to pay for my $2500 30% YAK if it goes down because of a radio problem? Me, that's who! That's why I am starting with small cheap models and moving up slowly once I gain confidence in the radio.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:17 PM
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Jul 2009
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFusion View Post
Are you serious. Good luck to ya man. Ive had three units all faulty.
and Ive had one and it works perfectly fine... my luck, not kidding I am a spektrum fan and I quite dislike the idea of there being so many faulty ones out there... my viewpoint on this is all radios should be checked by spektrum technicians before leaving for horizon hobby... horizon must check again... and hobbyshop must also check...

it must be a process to identify the faulty units before sending them a million miles to other countries... I have honestly never had any problems with my spektrum equipment over the years so I will be a customer as long as this run continues...
Switch_639 is offline Find More Posts by Switch_639
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:20 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
....That's why I am starting with small cheap models and moving up slowly once I gain confidence in the radio.
That was the same approach with my new one. At least you should consider using a DSM-X RX in your big bird. I swapped the RXs in my helis, just to be sure.
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:24 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
HH has great customer service and puts out a top notch product. I agree with you, but who is going to pay for my $2500 30% YAK if it goes down because of a radio problem? Me, that's who! That's why I am starting with small cheap models and moving up slowly once I gain confidence in the radio.
That's what I'm doing also. One at a time. Checking them out as I go. Then on to the next one. That's why I still have 20 to go!
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:25 PM
Australia
Joined Oct 2010
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch_639 View Post
and Ive had one and it works perfectly fine... my luck, not kidding I am a spektrum fan and I quite dislike the idea of there being so many faulty ones out there... my viewpoint on this is all radios should be checked by spektrum technicians before leaving for horizon hobby... horizon must check again... and hobbyshop must also check...

it must be a process to identify the faulty units before sending them a million miles to other countries... I have honestly never had any problems with my spektrum equipment over the years so I will be a customer as long as this run continues...
Your definition of perfect is strange to me.
The moving trims is an fault that ALL DX8's have...
I hope your pots stand up to the multiple years i expect to have my NEW equipment.
Its ok i loved my DX8 till it started showing problems too and just for the record, im not any brand fanboy...i respect quality workmanship ONLY.
GoneFusion is offline Find More Posts by GoneFusion
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
I hope your pots stand up to the multiple years i expect to have my NEW equipment.
Its ok i loved my DX8 till it started showing problems too and just for the record, im not any brand fanboy...i respect quality workmanship ONLY.
Also the illegible trims!

"Its ok i loved my DX8 till it started showing problems too and just for the record, im not any brand fanboy...i respect quality workmanship ONLY"

I couldnt have said it any better!
VP
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:33 PM
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Jul 2009
114 Posts
moving trims? I am not familiar with... ok well lets say my functionality is perfectly fine, maybe not mechanically or electrically... or whatever other reasons there may be...

I binded, programmed, flew... and am still flying, haven't noticed anything out the ordinary or strange happening like I have read on plenty a thread...
Switch_639 is offline Find More Posts by Switch_639
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:42 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
That was the same approach with my new one. At least you should consider using a DSM-X RX in your big bird. I swapped the RXs in my helis, just to be sure.
I did buy the AR9110 DSMX receiver for that plane. I'll be running 4 remote RX's. I would like to hear some reports from other people with large models. I just don't know if I am ready to take the leap of faith yet. Maybe I'll put the AR9110 in a cheap foamy first and fly it until I almost can't see it anymore.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:53 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Oh boy. Here we go.

You've examined all DX8's? I haven't had a moving trim.

I have no interest in fighting about it but that's a pretty bold statement. With two responses to the contrary.

I am a fanboy! I pick a product and stick with it. In the past Futaba was my favorite and NOBODY could convince me anything could compare no matter what neat new feature became available. People would proudly show me their new Airtronics Geewhiz gizmos and I would just turn my nose up at them.

Now Spektrum is my product of choice. Fanboy or a change in preference and a good product that caught my attention when I returned to R/C?
Old Apr 07, 2011, 01:17 PM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
665 Posts
Spektrum Community and IE9

Hi Andy,

I notice a problem clicking the "update" button (it doesn't open any window) with Internet Explorer 9.
It worked with IE8.

Please, check this issue, when you can.

Thanks a lot,
Egidio
egicar is offline Find More Posts by egicar