HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:31 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,587 Posts
[QUOTE=jhroof;17579664]Andy,

Please post the model file for the mCPX on the community website. Someone from HH said they would post it when the mCPX came out. Well, it's here.

Thanks[/QUOTE}
Did you get yours? We have 6 coming and now it looks like they will ship on the 9th instead of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I can make one for you real quick...it'll be the same as the manual (same as they would supply) until I can find out first hand what makes it how I like it
If it will fly with the DX4e Im sure it will be a simple and quick to punch in the basic settings.Theres going to be a bit of tweaking Im sure for personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
Thanks for the offer, I can program it too. But the whole idea is not to have to. When I got the umx 300 extra, I just loaded the file and flew. I thought that was pretty cool. True BNF.
My idea was more like having it preloaded in my radio when 3 of us at the shop pull them out of the box.It looks like it comes with a 1S 200mah cell.I have some 160s and my plan is to have one in my pocket precharged.
Pull heli from box,pop in battery and BNF.
A true BNF DX8 moment.
I know I know... I just thought it would be pretty cool too.While the other 2 are fiddling to see what the settings are and putting them in the radio Ill be flying. It doesnt have to be perfect as long as its close and the cyclic and tail directions are correct Ill put it up and fly around a bit and make it look like I know what Im doing.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2011, 02:03 AM
3D and slope Pilot in training
Port Elizabeth South Africa
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkie View Post
Hi Guys

When I moved my models from the DX6 to the DX8 I noticed that all my Elevon planes had the Elevator reversed.... and I had to physically swap the servo leads in the receiver.

The next problem is using a DX6 with DX8 when flying elevon planes because of the elevator reverse problem. There is no ways of doing this the easy plug and play way.

It seems like the DX8 and DX6 is programmed different

Anybody else notice this???
Jip i have the same problem and because you changed the leads around to get the elevators working the Aileron trims are now the wrong way around. I am sure this is a DX8 bug.....

Will someone please fix it.
Gotlieb is offline Find More Posts by Gotlieb
Old Mar 04, 2011, 04:33 AM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
[QUOTE=aerocal;17580372]
Quote:
Andy,

Please post the model file for the mCPX on the community website. Someone from HH said they would post it when the mCPX came out. Well, it's here.

Thanks[/QUOTE}
Did you get yours? We have 6 coming and now it looks like they will ship on the 9th instead of today.

If it will fly with the DX4e Im sure it will be a simple and quick to punch in the basic settings.Theres going to be a bit of tweaking Im sure for personal preference.

My idea was more like having it preloaded in my radio when 3 of us at the shop pull them out of the box.It looks like it comes with a 1S 200mah cell.I have some 160s and my plan is to have one in my pocket precharged.
Pull heli from box,pop in battery and BNF.
A true BNF DX8 moment.
I know I know... I just thought it would be pretty cool too.While the other 2 are fiddling to see what the settings are and putting them in the radio Ill be flying. It doesnt have to be perfect as long as its close and the cyclic and tail directions are correct Ill put it up and fly around a bit and make it look like I know what Im doing.
Do your 160's have the new connector? You might be charging like the others....
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Mar 04, 2011, 04:44 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlieb View Post
Jip i have the same problem and because you changed the leads around to get the elevators working the Aileron trims are now the wrong way around. I am sure this is a DX8 bug.....

Will someone please fix it.

With DSM2 and AR65255 no problem only the the place has changed from AUX1 to elevator. The same with the AR6200 the delta mix and trim works.
But with DSMX and the AR6255 had I the same problem, the elevator is reversed. Changed then to dual aile and elevator mix to the left or rigth aileron (one is the elevator reversed on the other is the elvator in the rigth direction). Only one mixer is needed its work then automatically for both ailerons. Its looks like the elevator is reversed at DSMX and Delta mix.
Kambalunga is online now Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Last edited by Kambalunga; Mar 04, 2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:52 AM
3D and slope Pilot in training
Port Elizabeth South Africa
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
With DSM2 and AR65255 no problem only the the place has changed from AUX1 to elevator. The same with the AR6200 the delta mix and trim works.
But with DSMX and the AR6255 had I the same problem, the elevator is reversed. Changed then to dual aile and elevator mix to the left or rigth aileron (one is the elevator reversed on the other is the elvator in the rigth direction). Only one mixer is needed its work then automatically for both ailerons. Its looks like the elevator is reversed at DSMX and Delta mix.
My elevon planes can still fly but i am disappointed with this DX8 problem. So far its my only complaint.
Gotlieb is offline Find More Posts by Gotlieb
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:57 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
Its looks like the elevator is reversed at DSMX and Delta mix.
It was like so prior to DSMX atleast for myself. When it was commented that owners of DX6i or DSM2 radio all that they had to do when getting the DX8 was to simply BIND and program the DX8 based on the setting of the radio being replace. I found it very strange that for my one and only EDF - Elevon jet, I need to swap servo leads which ment take some parts off the jet to gain access.

Was not a big deal since a combination or reversing and or swaping will get you the desired result, but just strange that it was not as plain and simple as noted.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 04, 2011, 10:28 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the offer, I can program it too. But the whole idea is not to have to. When I got the umx 300 extra, I just loaded the file and flew. I thought that was pretty cool. True BNF.
What I would really like is a copy of Bert Kammerer's model file for the mCPX.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Mar 04, 2011, 10:51 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
669 Posts
Quote:
What I would really like is a copy of Bert Kammerer's model file for the mCPX.
A copy of his thumbs as well
egicar is offline Find More Posts by egicar
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:28 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,347 Posts
Me its the all black out DX8 Szabo Jr. has in one of his videos
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:48 PM
Missing you too FB!
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Joined Sep 2010
2,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
It was like so prior to DSMX atleast for myself. When it was commented that owners of DX6i or DSM2 radio all that they had to do when getting the DX8 was to simply BIND and program the DX8 based on the setting of the radio being replace. I found it very strange that for my one and only EDF - Elevon jet, I need to swap servo leads which ment take some parts off the jet to gain access.

Was not a big deal since a combination or reversing and or swaping will get you the desired result, but just strange that it was not as plain and simple as noted.
it is a big deal!
I help a lot of guys with the buddy lead and you can't buddy lead the DX8 with a DX6 or 7 if they are using a Elevon or Delta wing plane

My planes are sorted cos I swopped the servo leads but it doesn't solve the problem! The DX8 is programmed in reverse for Elevon!
Bakkie is offline Find More Posts by Bakkie
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let's try FPV!!!!
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:51 PM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Me its the all black out DX8 Szabo Jr. has in one of his videos
with a can of krylon I'm sure you can achieve the same. Now, powdercoating would be more impressive...(yes, you can powdercoat plastic using a uv atcivated powder and uv lamp or other methods)
Confuzshuz is offline Find More Posts by Confuzshuz
Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:07 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2005
323 Posts
Rudder centering problems

My DX8 rudder channel remains a serious problem. This morning I was spooling up my heli and all of a sudden the tail rotated anti-clockwise quite rapidly. I immediately hit throttle hold - luckily I caught it in time.

Going to the monitor screen, the rudder was showing +8% (vs 0% before the flight). The aileron channel is also varying to 2%. As of now, the DX8 is on the shelf - it is unacceptable to have this sort of variation in centering, particularly for the rudder channel on a 600 size FBL heli.

I am returning the DX8 for repair, although might be time to return it for good. No confidence in it now.
boltor is offline Find More Posts by boltor
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:23 PM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Nov 2008
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltor View Post
My DX8 rudder channel remains a serious problem. This morning I was spooling up my heli and all of a sudden the tail rotated anti-clockwise quite rapidly. I immediately hit throttle hold - luckily I caught it in time.

Going to the monitor screen, the rudder was showing +8% (vs 0% before the flight). The aileron channel is also varying to 2%. As of now, the DX8 is on the shelf - it is unacceptable to have this sort of variation in centering, particularly for the rudder channel on a 600 size FBL heli.

I am returning the DX8 for repair, although might be time to return it for good. No confidence in it now.
I had the same experience with my radio, almost lost a PA MX from it. Under advisement from Andy, I sent it in. I couldn't get it to repeat the problem before sending it, felt that they would have to have it for days to check it out. It was only there for hours and I got an email saying they have sent it back. I was rather concerned, called, and was told that they updated the firmware and gimbles. I waited for it's return, I have tested it on every plane (in the shop) and no glitches, it's rock solid. I am extremely pleased with the service, the short turnaround time, and I got the new X screen to boot. Tomorrow shows a decent forcast, I am headed out for a day of flying.
mirored is online now Find More Posts by mirored
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:31 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2005
323 Posts
well, thats great news that your DX8 looks to be more stable. Just remember that I have already sent mine in, it came back showing 0% on both rudder and aileron (OMP claimed to have calibrated it). It has been ok for about a week or so ... and then this.

these sort of intermittent problems are difficult to diagnose of course. Bottom line though ... I don't have confidence in the radio anymore.

Hope yours is ok though.
boltor is offline Find More Posts by boltor
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:21 PM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,208 Posts
Quote:

The thing was with the Version 2 DSMX works that not, then change I to dualaile and elevator mix. But with 2.01 works that with the delta mixer.
May be only my failure. The trims works.
Kambalunga is online now Find More Posts by Kambalunga