HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2011, 10:16 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzshuz View Post
Being told one thing and receiver another is, quite, disappointing. I'm sure if you get the right person, they will be willing to help you out.
Thats for sure but at the same time how many times do you find out that the right hand does not even know what the left hand is doing.

One person could of been told that the new batch or radio now have DSMX and there mite be a couple of DSM2 batches left at the warehouse.

I can also understand the other person saying that once the box opened they do not want to take it back even being new and in perfect working condition because just like in the automotive industie, once sold and box opened, its USED..

But like mention above, PM Sir. Andy. He pulled rabbits out of his hat. Who knows what else he can do. I think he can even fly and build models.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2011, 10:20 PM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
My issues with my AR6200 (none DSMX ready rx) were reported to HH way before AirWare 1.04v and also before my early batch DX8 had even gone back to HH form the NEEDED rf board update some radio need to receive in order to be DSMX.

Nothing wrong with you're reasoning but AR6200 issues have been reported from almost day one.
I remember reading about the issues you were having.
My post was intended for the recent DSM2 issues experienced with 2.0+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H. View Post
My 6100 V1.2 issues were on 1.01 - 2.01. (Never tried 1.00 because of the Gyro setup bug in that version.)
The 6100 v1.2 had a service bulletin. Maybe it's related to the issues your having? Are you have uncommanded servo movements or loss of control?
Confuzshuz is offline Find More Posts by Confuzshuz
Old Mar 02, 2011, 10:31 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,787 Posts
You mean that was known all along??? I would have thought Horizon would had mentioned it before asking for the DX8 back, if so.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Mar 02, 2011, 10:42 PM
USA, NY, Brookhaven
Joined Mar 2003
1,523 Posts
dx8 and ar6200 failure

Add me to the list of Dx8 and ar6200 faliures!

I had complete loss of control and the plane just veered of course and hit the ground inverted. When I got to the plane I had control an the lights on both RX's were soild, but the castle 50 ESC was beeping 5 tones, which indicates. "5 beeps and flashes Radio Signal: Signal from receiver
is corrupt or non-existent. Check
transmitter and receiver"

I have had the same problem with another plane with an ar6100 but had believed it was caused by a bad hs65 servo.

I just don't trust the radio anymore.

What do I do now?

rickc
RickC2009 is offline Find More Posts by RickC2009
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:43 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun10 View Post
Just received a new DX8 from HH just Monday (2/28/11) from the most recent batch. Bad news... on the display is DSM2 NOT DSMX. Sales told me specifically that the new batch would be DSMX, itís not. Called tech support about it and they said sorry but you open the box and won't do anything for me after sitting on hold for 56min. First and last order from HH, they are not telling the truth.
My bet is they didnt lie to you and that you have DSMX loaded on it and you just dont have the x logo on the screen.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:45 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Confuzshuz i have dsmx enabled though the issue hasnt happened again and i flew 4 more times in my warehouse...will see if it happens again down the road.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:15 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2009
706 Posts
Confushuz, mine too has had issues right from the start. Mine was from the very first batch sent out, so I have gone through each update as they have come out, same problem.
They might be starting an investigation into my radio and issues i've been having, since it's been back 3 times now. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it, I would really like to be able to use my radio (or an exchange preferrably).
speedy72vega is offline Find More Posts by speedy72vega
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:16 AM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H. View Post
You mean that was known all along??? I would have thought Horizon would had mentioned it before asking for the DX8 back, if so.
Sending it in is not a bad thing, aside from the down time. The rx may or may not be the root of the problems. IIRC, the service bulletin specifically deals with an uncommanded elevator movements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC2009 View Post
Add me to the list of Dx8 and ar6200 faliures!

I had complete loss of control and the plane just veered of course and hit the ground inverted. When I got to the plane I had control an the lights on both RX's were soild, but the castle 50 ESC was beeping 5 tones, which indicates. "5 beeps and flashes Radio Signal: Signal from receiver
is corrupt or non-existent. Check
transmitter and receiver"

I have had the same problem with another plane with an ar6100 but had believed it was caused by a bad hs65 servo.

I just don't trust the radio anymore.

What do I do now?

rickc

As freechip mentioned previously, he had issues with his AR6200 prior to Airware v2.0+. However, if you're having issues with the AR6100 as well, there's a greater chance of it being related to v2.0.

Before I go further, are you using Airware v2.0+? Also, which version is the AR6100?

If you are, indeed, using Airware v2.0+ and you are experiencing issues, I would recommend to downgrade your firmware to v1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Confuzshuz i have dsmx enabled though the issue hasnt happened again and i flew 4 more times in my warehouse...will see if it happens again down the road.
I don't think the issue will replicate itself too often. Unless you are willing to sacrifice a bird, I would go back to v1.4 or switch to a DSMX receiver.
Since it appears you are having a glitch, as opposed to a loss of signal/lockout, you may not be experiencing an issue with the Spektrum system. I remember my first 2.4 system was the Airtronics RDS8000. I kept having uncommanded servo movements on my 450 SEV2. After I switched to the DX7, I still had the glitches. Turns out the Align electronics (motor/receiver) were to blame. After I swapped out the motor/esc, no more problems.
In case you're using the stock Align motor/esc, that would something to look at as well. Otherwise, I'd go back to v1.4 for the time being, considering you haven't had giltches beforehand.

So far, I haven't had any issues with DSMX receivers specifically, the AR6115 and the AR8000. As soon as the winds calm down out in my hood, I'm gonna test the AR6115 in DSM2 mode to see if I get any surprises with it. I still have my AR7000 DSM2 to test out with v2.0+, as well.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:19 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun10 View Post
Printed logo on screen saying DSM2. When I called first to customer support I was treated as though I was wasting their time. Then ask to be transferred to tech support which I waited for 56min and got nowhere. What burns me was that I waited for a month before they got the new batch to order one, told by sales these are the new units had DSMX on the screen. I knew to ask this question from other forums. I know the only difference is the logo but saying one thing and getting another and on top of that then telling sorry but you open the box. I also noticed when I got the box the plastic rapper was re-taped and the transmitter was partially out of its bag. This makes me wonder what went on before I got it. Wonder if itís a reworked / refurbished unit?
I also got a new radio with DSM2 on it . I am not going to worry about that.
The radio did have DSMX and 2.01 in it so if it works ok I will be very happy I wasent 1 of the first 400 that had to send them back. Also if you leave a call back number the customer support is very good about calling you back. I have called a few times lately a the lady has said the delay is upto 2 1/2 hrs.
right now.

Tony
T-spin is online now Find More Posts by T-spin
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:30 AM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy72vega View Post
Confushuz, mine too has had issues right from the start. Mine was from the very first batch sent out, so I have gone through each update as they have come out, same problem.
They might be starting an investigation into my radio and issues i've been having, since it's been back 3 times now. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it, I would really like to be able to use my radio (or an exchange preferrably).
If that's the case, then my "theory" of v2.0 and DSM2 receivers are, probably, irrelevant for you. I have the 2nd batch DX8. The only time I experienced an issue is when I switched to v2.0. Otherwise, it's been great to me.

Out of curiosity, are you having issues on multiple aircrafts/receivers?
Have you tested any questionable receivers outside of the aircraft, by plugging just plugging in servos and watching for uncommanded servo movement?
Have you tested with a different DX8, if possible?

I hope you get this situation resolved. The DX8 is an awsome radio.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:42 AM
USA, AR, Marion
Joined Feb 2011
14 Posts
Me too

After having two planes in two days go down with a signal loss in different areas after I did the update, I decided to do a little searching to see if any one else was having this same problem with the DX8 and the 6200. Wow, I am shocked to see all the troubles everyone is having.

Surely HH is working on a fix?

So, I guess my question is, do I go back to a previous version, or do I sell the DX8 and the 13 receivers and go to Futaba or can something be done?

I wonder how many dollars worth of planes have went down because of this?

Sure make me proud to have sold my DX6i and give a $430 for this paperweight!
pbilt024 is online now Find More Posts by pbilt024
Old Mar 03, 2011, 01:08 AM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbilt024 View Post
After having two planes in two days go down with a signal loss in different areas after I did the update, I decided to do a little searching to see if any one else was having this same problem with the DX8 and the 6200. Wow, I am shocked to see all the troubles everyone is having.

Surely HH is working on a fix?

So, I guess my question is, do I go back to a previous version, or do I sell the DX8 and the 13 receivers and go to Futaba or can something be done?

I wonder how many dollars worth of planes have went down because of this?

Sure make me proud to have sold my DX6i and give a $430 for this paperweight!
This is not certain. Each issue must be, first, viewed on a case by case basis. I have read several issues occuring with the AR6200 being used with transmitters other than the DX8. There could be other factors leading to issue you've experienced.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:57 AM
Graz,Austria
Joined Aug 2007
32 Posts
Quote:
Each issue must be, first, viewed on a case by case basis. I have read several issues occuring with the AR6200 being used with transmitters other than the DX8. There could be other factors leading to issue you've experienced.
Hello,
and do you belive that HH (or Spektrum) has there focus on that issues?
They are informed of all the cases in this forum?

-faxxe
faxxe is offline Find More Posts by faxxe
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:02 AM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faxxe View Post
Hello,
and do you belive that HH (or Spektrum) has there focus on that issues?
They are informed of all the cases in this forum?

-faxxe
You have to understand that there are many factors involved with issues occuring in radio systems. Sometimes it's the simply the user setup/error causing a crash. Sometimes it's a faulty rx/tx. Sometimes it's even caused by an esc or motor. Without being able to verify the root cause of the problem it's difficult to say that the tx or rx is problematic.

From what I've seen and experienced, I believe Horizon is aware of what's happening on these forums and provides great customer support.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:18 AM
Graz,Austria
Joined Aug 2007
32 Posts
Quote:
From what I've seen and experienced, I believe Horizon is aware of what's happening on these forums and provides great customer support.
Yes, me too. But i was not sure if they know about all the actual occuring 6xxx rx issues. I read similar
issues in german boards.......
faxxe is offline Find More Posts by faxxe