Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 02, 2011, 05:18 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H. View Post
The Gaui occasionally did short uncommanded downward bursts. It would never do it outdoors or in my garage, and it would never do it on the DX7 indoors or out.
I just experienced a downward burst on my 450 pro. It was during ciruits in my little warehouse and did a few piro's stopped and from 5 feet went negative pitch even though it wasnt in idle up. I am running an AR6100 v1.6. I will try it with anther rx in the warehouse tomorrow.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2011, 05:24 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
These posts dont give me a "Warm Fuzzy Feeling" I have 2 planes with AR6200's
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 02, 2011, 05:38 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
VP
I'm flying an fpv EZ* with the ar6200 and my Dx8. I've taken her out far and high with no problems what so ever.
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Mar 02, 2011, 07:26 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
I'm flying an fpv EZ* with the ar6200 and my Dx8. I've taken her out far and high with no problems what so ever.
When my loss of signal issues occurred, 4 of the 6 times my planes were only about 100-200' or so from me. the other 2 occasions, my planes were probably 600-700' away.
I have used my DX8 with my AR500 equipped Radian, up to 1500' or so with absolutely no problems at all.
speedy72vega is offline Find More Posts by speedy72vega
Old Mar 02, 2011, 08:25 PM
Joined Jan 2011
12 Posts
Just received a new DX8 from HH just Monday (2/28/11) from the most recent batch. Bad news... on the display is DSM2 NOT DSMX. Sales told me specifically that the new batch would be DSMX, itís not. Called tech support about it and they said sorry but you open the box and won't do anything for me after sitting on hold for 56min. First and last order from HH, they are not telling the truth.
Topgun10 is offline Find More Posts by Topgun10
Old Mar 02, 2011, 08:31 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,647 Posts
Do you mean the printed logo or the firmware? If the firmware, you can download 2.01 and it will be DSMX.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Mar 02, 2011, 08:50 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,102 Posts
I am pretty sure hes talking about the DSMX logo that some just NEED to have in order for them to use it with peace of mind that DSMX is in it installed

For those that do want it and can wait it will eventualy be sold as seperate part probably for 10$ or so atleast thats what the others are selling for.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 02, 2011, 08:52 PM
Joined Jan 2011
12 Posts
Printed logo on screen saying DSM2. When I called first to customer support I was treated as though I was wasting their time. Then ask to be transferred to tech support which I waited for 56min and got nowhere. What burns me was that I waited for a month before they got the new batch to order one, told by sales these are the new units had DSMX on the screen. I knew to ask this question from other forums. I know the only difference is the logo but saying one thing and getting another and on top of that then telling sorry but you open the box. I also noticed when I got the box the plastic rapper was re-taped and the transmitter was partially out of its bag. This makes me wonder what went on before I got it. Wonder if itís a reworked / refurbished unit?
Old Mar 02, 2011, 08:55 PM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I just experienced a downward burst on my 450 pro. It was during ciruits in my little warehouse and did a few piro's stopped and from 5 feet went negative pitch even though it wasnt in idle up. I am running an AR6100 v1.6. I will try it with anther rx in the warehouse tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy72vega View Post
When my loss of signal issues occurred, 4 of the 6 times my planes were only about 100-200' or so from me. the other 2 occasions, my planes were probably 600-700' away.
I have used my DX8 with my AR500 equipped Radian, up to 1500' or so with absolutely no problems at all.
Question for all 3 of ya...What version Airware were you using?
My guess is that indoorheli and speedy72vega were using v2.0+, right?

Based on these issues that some people have experienced, along with my own experience, I have a feeling that non DSMX comptible receivers is not the best solution for v2.0 and up. My reasoning is that these receivers were not originally designed for the DX8 v2.0 platform, where protocol can switch based on receiver communication. I never experienced experienced a single glitch with the AR6100 v1.6 using the DX8 v1.4. I never had single glitch with my DX7, either, except with my Trex 450. But that was caused by the motor or esc. Both replaced and all was fine.

I have a theory (more like wild guess) on what's happening, but I can't verify since I don't understand signals nor do I know how to use an oscilloscope. I'm curious if the pulses transmitted in DSMX mode is the same as in DSM2. I'm thinking maybe the DX8, sometimes, transmits in DSMX mode by accident. Considering that the pulses are different in DSMX, this would cause a momentary loss of signal or glitch of some sort. Again, just a wild guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
VP
So as long as you stick with v1.4 for DSM2 only receivers or 2.0+ with DSMX receivers, you should be fine
Confuzshuz is offline Find More Posts by Confuzshuz
Old Mar 02, 2011, 08:58 PM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Got my DX8 yesterday, registered it today no probs..upgraded to DSMX no probs..Andy, tks for your help my friend. DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Old Mar 02, 2011, 09:00 PM
Joined Jan 2011
12 Posts
Iím sure the radio is fine just a little upset that I waited so long to order one to get it right but in the end it wasnít. Oh well life will go onÖ Just hope I donít lose or crash my new Trex 450 I just finished building like what Iíve been readingÖ Say a prayer for me!
Old Mar 02, 2011, 09:01 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun10 View Post
I also noticed when I got the box the plastic rapper was re-taped and the transmitter was partially out of its bag. This makes me wonder what went on before I got it. Wonder if itís a reworked / refurbished unit?
Chances are it was checked to be DSMX-capable and had the firmware updated in between the factory and getting to you.

I hope the guy who designed that new logo got a raise because it has a powerful effect on people. (And not just you, Topgun10!)

On the other hand - years from now you would be able to use the DSM2 logo to prove you are an earlier DX8 adopter than anyone else around. Just a thought.
Old Mar 02, 2011, 09:01 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzshuz View Post
Based on these issues that some people have experienced, along with my own experience, I have a feeling that non DSMX comptible receivers is not the best solution for v2.0 and up.
My issues with my AR6200 (none DSMX ready rx) were reported to HH way before AirWare 1.04v and also before my early batch DX8 had even gone back to HH form the NEEDED rf board update some radio need to receive in order to be DSMX.

Nothing wrong with you're reasoning but AR6200 issues have been reported from almost day one.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 02, 2011, 09:03 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,647 Posts
My 6100 V1.2 issues were on 1.01 - 2.01. (Never tried 1.00 because of the Gyro setup bug in that version.)
Old Mar 02, 2011, 09:04 PM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun10 View Post
Printed logo on screen saying DSM2. When I called first to customer support I was treated as though I was wasting their time. Then ask to be transferred to tech support which I waited for 56min and got nowhere. What burns me was that I waited for a month before they got the new batch to order one, told by sales these are the new units had DSMX on the screen. I knew to ask this question from other forums. I know the only difference is the logo but saying one thing and getting another and on top of that then telling sorry but you open the box. I also noticed when I got the box the plastic rapper was re-taped and the transmitter was partially out of its bag. This makes me wonder what went on before I got it. Wonder if it’s a reworked / refurbished unit?
call them again tomorrow. if nothing happens, send a pm to Andy and tell them the Russians are coming (inside joke). I understand your frustration. Being told one thing and receiving another is, quite, disappointing. I'm sure if you get the right person, they will be willing to help you out.
Confuzshuz is offline Find More Posts by Confuzshuz
Last edited by Confuzshuz; Mar 02, 2011 at 09:21 PM.