SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2010, 05:13 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyZRC View Post
For a slightly out of left field question; will the DX8's firmware address the "adjacent channels" question?
What is the question?

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2010, 05:18 PM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I have no idea, but I think you'll like the AR8000 and the telemetry goodies.

Andy
I would use it but all my heli's are running the Mikado Vbar systems and only use the Satelite receivers.
Raydee is offline Find More Posts by Raydee
Old Aug 02, 2010, 05:34 PM
Deutschland, Bayern, München
Joined Jan 2009
91 Posts
Is the DX8 manual already available? I want to get a nex tx for my new glider and wonder if its worth waiting for the DX8 or simply go for a Aurora9 or T8.
tachy kard is offline Find More Posts by tachy kard
Old Aug 02, 2010, 05:58 PM
USA, CA, Merced
Joined Dec 2007
504 Posts
Andy; that the process by which the DSM2 system chooses the 2 channels for transmission can rarely result in the choice of 2 channels close to eachother in the spectrum, making for a scenario in which the radio link is potentially susceptible to certain types of noise, the most germane example of which is 2.4 video downlinks which pollute a large slice of the band at once.

I imagine it would be relatively simple to incorporate a sanity check to insure some minimum spacing between the channels chosen
DannyZRC is offline Find More Posts by DannyZRC
Old Aug 02, 2010, 09:40 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachy kard View Post
Is the DX8 manual already available? I want to get a nex tx for my new glider and wonder if its worth waiting for the DX8 or simply go for a Aurora9 or T8.
It's not available yet.

What glider do you have? I posted earlier (I think in this thread) about using it for a full-house glider.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 02, 2010, 09:58 PM
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Feb 2010
157 Posts
Andy,
You have got to know something about the pricing of the DX10t
The 9503 is $550, the 11x is $750, so maybe $699 for the DX10t because of telemetry????
Danyal is offline Find More Posts by Danyal
Old Aug 03, 2010, 04:57 AM
Deutschland, Bayern, München
Joined Jan 2009
91 Posts
Thanks for your aswer andy. It will be a fullhouse glíder and i was wondering about flap delay, programmable flight modes (if they work with different trim, mixes...).
tachy kard is offline Find More Posts by tachy kard
Old Aug 03, 2010, 06:16 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,869 Posts
Current/mAh sensor

Andy, I note that the initial sensor range includes a pack voltage sensor in addition to the Rx pack voltage. For electrics, the REALLY useful thing to know is the mAh taken out of the battery in real time. Is there any plans to add a current and mAh sensor (like the Quanum, Emeter and others have) in the future?

It would be pretty simple to DIY a current sensor using a standard shunt module feeding the pack voltage input but a proper solution would be very nice.

Regards, John
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Aug 03, 2010, 08:04 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,231 Posts
Danyal - I simply don't know. I code, another group does marketing.

TK - the flap system includes "Flap Delay." Fixed wing has three flight modes, and FM can be used to control mix activation. Because of your location, I suggest you get to the Horizon Air Meet and ask the people flying them. See 2009 info here: http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?t=158822 - perhaps this will help you find the date.

John - We don't discuss possible future products, just like we don't discuss pricing. Sometimes I feel like it's a military press conference where they "can neither confirm nor deny" anything

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 03, 2010, 08:21 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,869 Posts
Thanks, Andy. That's OK. We're running up to a Federal election here and so I'm quite familiar with that kind of communication at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
John - We don't discuss possible future products, just like we don't discuss pricing. Sometimes I feel like it's a military press conference where they "can neither confirm nor deny" anything

Andy
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Aug 03, 2010, 11:06 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,034 Posts
WE need an Elvil-Spektum strip like they have for the new yet unknow Eflite Platinum warbird & it's speculation on what it's going to be.

The strip starts here & goes on to a real strip with multiple cartoons. I gets really funny.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3344456
ColoradoHeliNut is online now Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Aug 03, 2010, 01:24 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Has anyone done a comparison of the DX8 vs DX7? I know the DX8 has telemetry, extra channel, better display, thumb wheel(which I don't like) and SD memory. But what are some of the other main differences?
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Aug 03, 2010, 01:47 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,231 Posts
More models, bigger screen, more-intuitive programming, more wing types, more-capable mixes, more heli modes, easy mode switching, and more.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 03, 2010, 02:26 PM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,428 Posts
For those that have held the DX8, can you comment on how it felt-size-weight-balance-grip? I guess more specifically I am getting into DLG flinging and I am going to need a radio that I can spin with one handed without it flying out of my hand. I currently use a JR 6102, I wouldn't call it ergonomic but it seams to fit my hand well and hasn't gotten airborn yet. The DX8 looks larger to me. To be fair I haven't even held a DX5-6-7 so I have no frame of reference other than my 6102.
Anyone have a thought on that aspect of it?

Thanks
Matt M
Pickle72 is offline Find More Posts by Pickle72
Old Aug 03, 2010, 02:27 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,175 Posts
Back in the 70s I had talking watch. not expensive, maybe 40 bucks. You could program it to tell you the time at the hr,half hr., or 15 min increments.Very audible. Great watch till I was half hammered one time and jumped off the side of the boat before I realized the watch was still on. All it made was a "gurgle, gurgle, gurgle" noise. Couldn't find another one after that. Why not have an earplug phone that tells you the batt. voltage and the other points, every so many mins. or programmed time element. Probably a little further down the road. Signs of things to come.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2