Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:50 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzshuz View Post
I use flaperons on my planes. I also have to use the travel adjust for the ailerons to keep them at an even range. When I have my flaps at full down and I move the ailerons, I noticed that the ailerons will exceed the aileron range that I've set with the travel adjustment. So basically, changing the flaps also affects the end points for ailerons. (Does this make sense to anyone?)

Mr. Andy, any chance that can be changed (for future firmware revisions) so that that the travel/endpoint adjustment can remain constant?
When you adjust travel, you are not setting endpoints directly. It does have a certain endpoint-limiting-ness to it, but that's not it's real purpose. The DX8 does not have an absolute end-point limit feature.

You might want to play around with differential a little, see if that helps your concern.

BTW, if you have that much flap on your plane, you are really pushing the envelope for creating a bad stall condition with control reversal.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:51 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleweed View Post
Andy
Will all AR7000's provide flight data to the TM1000 or just those manufactured after a certain date. How can you tell?
Very simple. Early ones have a "BIND" port on them. Later ones are "BIND/DATA." Only the later ones give data.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2011, 08:16 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,404 Posts
Just a question: I have a parkjet with the motor mounted high on the back. This one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13763

When testing the motor I noticed that the nose is pushed down (logical) when hitting the throttle. So I thought, let's mix some throttle to the elevator. Fine. Is it possible to use one of the 2 extra trims to change the mixing ratio during flight ?

I love adjusting the gyro on my helis during flight with the trims, they should be usable for more things . I miss the feature to trim my heli headspeed (electric, governored). I would also suggest having the option to use a 1-point throttle curve (for governored ESCs). Of course I can set all 5 points to the same value, but it would be easier to change only one. And also trim these throttle-curves (not only the hover speed on nitros)
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Feb 08, 2011, 08:36 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,458 Posts
You can't adjust the mix ratio with any of the flight controls, sorry.

You could use them as aux trims by mapping them to a channel and then mixing that channel to elevator.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2011, 08:51 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
You can't adjust the mix ratio with any of the flight controls, sorry.

You could use them as aux trims by mapping them to a channel and then mixing that channel to elevator.

Andy
That should work, thanks !
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:30 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
Yeah. I've bought a couple of things from other vendors and been burned by 50% of them. Future stuff will be Horizon products to add to the 30 or so I have now. They stand behind their products.

I have to say that Hobby Lobby stands behind their stuff too but in some cases it didn't do any good.

Here's a peek at a large portion of my fleet. I have videos of about half of my planes. I have a problem getting someone to shoot the videos a lot of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NwRcFlight?feature=mhum

I put my DX8 to a solid first test flight with a helicopter over the pool at my daughters house in LA! No glitches encountered.
I remember that video. It helped in talking me into getting a 120 sr. I have a b400 that I fly all the time but love the 120 as much or more.
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:00 AM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Yeah, the 120 is very nice. Now I'm really looking forward to the mCPX! More stick time on the mCPX means more growth of the B400 skills for me.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:48 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Why does the Spektrum website tell me I have to send my DX8 (NOV 10) in for DSMX to be installed?

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:18 AM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
When you adjust travel, you are not setting endpoints directly. It does have a certain endpoint-limiting-ness to it, but that's not it's real purpose. The DX8 does not have an absolute end-point limit feature.

You might want to play around with differential a little, see if that helps your concern.

BTW, if you have that much flap on your plane, you are really pushing the envelope for creating a bad stall condition with control reversal.

Andy
I've tested out differential and it sorta helps to a certain point. The only reason I'd prefer an absolute epa limit is because my servos buzz (not binding) after a certain point. Using differential, it prevents excess range on aileron with flaps down, but sometimes the servos still buzz. I have to reduce my range even further to eliminate buzzing.

On the contrary, I dont' get this buzzing with DX7 with a larger aileron range. For some reason, I haven't thunk (thought) to check if the servo buzzing is affecting power consumption. I guess the buzzing won't matter if
Confuzshuz is offline Find More Posts by Confuzshuz
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:24 AM
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig Jam View Post
Why does the Spektrum website tell me I have to send my DX8 (NOV 10) in for DSMX to be installed?

Mike
Seems to work fine for me. I haven't installed it, but I've downloaded it.
Confuzshuz is offline Find More Posts by Confuzshuz
Last edited by Confuzshuz; Feb 09, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:42 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
Yeah, the 120 is very nice. Now I'm really looking forward to the mCPX! More stick time on the mCPX means more growth of the B400 skills for me.
Got my name on one of those at my lhs.
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:56 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,383 Posts
Quote:

Mike
Not sure.When did it tell you that? After you logged on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzshuz View Post
Seems to work fine for me. I haven't installed it, but I've downloaded it.
Same here,Ready to copy to a card and install tomorrow.

DX8 owners:AirWare ver. 2.00 available for download from the community now.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Feb 09, 2011, 01:14 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:

Mike
Mine says the same thing..but i was meaning to send mine back anyhow but have not had time.

Mine was i believe the latest production purchased in mid December
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 09, 2011, 01:16 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Mine says the same thing..but i was meaning to send mine back anyhow but have not had time.

Mine was i believe the latest production purchased in mid December
Interesting.Was this after you logged on and tried to start the download?
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Feb 09, 2011, 01:19 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Interesting.Was this after you logged on and tried to start the download?
I logged on...it had a button to check availability for 2.0
I clicked
it then asked for my PID
I gave it
It asked what country I am in
I gave it
it then said it wanted to send me a prepaid shipping label.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed