SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2010, 03:59 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,808 Posts
Every single situation is different, I sent mine and from the day I sent it to the day it came back it took 13 working days so two and a half weeks.. Did not complained, as long as the work is done to satisfactory and within a reasonable time I am happy and so should you.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2010, 07:30 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belem View Post
Have you tried rebinding your RX? I was having the same problem with my Dx8/Ar6200 but it appears to have been corrected by rebinding the RX after upgrading to 1.04
Yeah, I did the 1.04 upgrade just before I sent it in to HH. The plane that I flew last weekend was freshly bound after getting it back. It was the first time I had used it after the upgrades were done by HH, they recommend rebinding all planes after having the repairs performed.

I'm starting to think it must be a defect with my radio, since others seem to be doing ok with AR6200's. Problem is, 90% of my 20 or so planes all use AR6200's, and i'm not going to spend a couple grand to upgrade to different RX's just to use the DX8.

I really hope HH can/will remedy this situation, I would absolutely LOVE my DX8 if I didn't have to be afraid of losing another plane to it. I feel like I threw away $400 bucks...........
All of my planes work flawlessly with my DX6i, even the ones that have glitched with the DX8.
speedy72vega is offline Find More Posts by speedy72vega
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:07 PM
Dunstable England
Joined Aug 2006
17 Posts
I have a question on using the TM1000 with the AR9100.

When binding how do you get Preset failsafe on the 9100 when the TM1000 is plugged into it. Is there some trick on how long to hold the button down on the TM1000?

Thanks

Barry

BTW I recommend everyone downloads the notes for the 6 servo glider setup, as it has got important information about how the programmable mixers work which is not in the manual.
Barrye is offline Find More Posts by Barrye
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:26 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,380 Posts
You can bind the TM1000 and AR9100 together FIRST as you normally would.

Then disconnect the TM1000 and rebind JUST the AR9100 in the failsafe mode you want.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:14 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,808 Posts
If you do some testing you will find that holding the TM bind botton during binding has one affect and pressing once and letting go has another...

Atleast thats what its doing on a new AR7600 that was given to me...No real need to disconnect and rebind the RX only to get the desired failsafe..
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:14 PM
Volt-action...
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Apr 2005
239 Posts
Love the radio/telemetry... got a couple flights in with my 70" Slick today, found that 3.5 volts per cell (6S 30C 5000mah Flightmax) was a pretty good number to use for a voltage warning.

A couple questions:
1) Regarding Throttle = ratchet ... I've tightened down on both screws behind the little rectangle on the back of the radio, the throttle is a little firmer, but I haven't been able to feel a click/ratchet. Anyone been successful at getting the throttle ratchet to work?

2) When binding the TM1000 with an AR9100, I've found that the receiver lights flash, but the TM1000 does not... still seems to bind okay. Anyone else seeing this/had a problem as a result? (FYI The TM1000 did flash when binding with the AR8000.)

3) It seems to take quite a bit longer for the receiver to connect at start-up (compared to the 9303)... Any tips... is this the norm?

Thanks,
John

PS: I did a range test at 60 paces... not a glitch!
monjo is offline Find More Posts by monjo
Last edited by monjo; Dec 21, 2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Range test...
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:19 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,808 Posts
IN most if not all radio you need to replace the throttle plate in order to change from ratchet to smooth and vice versa. Back screw adjustment are simply for how smooth or stiff you want the stick to be.
When Binding TM unit should also flash like the RX and SAT are.
As for the third question make sure you are atleast 3-4 ft apart when powering on the RX. Keep TX away..
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:27 PM
Volt-action...
Joined Apr 2005
239 Posts
Hello freechip..

Page 39 of the manual references two straps on the throttle stick... one is for 'ratchet'... of course, the manual may be wrong again.

Regards,
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
IN most if not all radio you need to replace the throttle plate in order to change from ratchet to smooth and vice versa. Back screw adjustment are simply for how smooth or stiff you want the stick to be.
When Binding TM unit should also flash like the RX and SAT are.
As for the third question make sure you are atleast 3-4 ft apart when powering on the RX. Keep TX away..
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:32 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjo View Post
Hello freechip..

Page 39 of the manual references two straps on the throttle stick... one is for 'ratchet'... of course, the manual may be wrong again.

Regards,
John
I changed mine from smooth to ratchet by simply inserting a screwdriver in the appropriate hole in the back of the Tx. It is not like the DX6i where you have to open the case and change out a strap.
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:37 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
It is not like the DX6i where you have to open the case and change out a strap. VP
You may not need to change out the strap but you need to losen one and screw the other and vice versa to change between smooth and ratchet. The page 39 refference should be made to the person asking the question.

Anyways did not even think they still made ratchet as its pretty much useless but I guess since they still make radio that can interchange between modes they mite as well still make them have both smooth and ratchet..
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:39 PM
Volt-action...
Joined Apr 2005
239 Posts
VP... did you accomplish this by tightening down on one (or both) screws that are visible behind the little rectangle/hole cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I changed mine from smooth to ratchet by simply inserting a screwdriver in the appropriate hole in the back of the Tx. It is not like the DX6i where you have to open the case and change out a strap.
VP
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:42 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,808 Posts
Quote:
Locate the silver throttle friction straps on both gimbals. Two straps are located on each gimbal. One strap engages a serrated section on the gimbal giving a ratcheted throttle feel while the other strap engages a smooth section on the gimbal giving a smooth friction feel.
I am kinda reading it as losen one and tighten the other
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:43 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,380 Posts
Loosen one and tighten the other.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:46 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjo View Post
Love the radio/telemetry...
Love to hear that!

Quote:
2) When binding the TM1000 with an AR9100, I've found that the receiver lights flash, but the TM1000 does not... still seems to bind okay. Anyone else seeing this/had a problem as a result? (FYI The TM1000 did flash when binding with the AR8000.)
The TM1000 light should flash. It's the one near the Data port - the one on the other side (red) is feedback that RPM is sensed.

Quote:
3) It seems to take quite a bit longer for the receiver to connect at start-up (compared to the 9303)... Any tips... is this the norm?
There's not a set time that it has to take. The DX8 stays on the bind screen until long after the bind has completed so you have plenty of time to read the dispaly. If you want, after it binds just click the roller to proceed to the Main screen.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2010, 04:33 PM
Volt-action...
Joined Apr 2005
239 Posts
Hello Andy,

Regarding my 3rd question, I should have provided more information... it wasn't about 'binding'...

At the field, I turned on the transmitter and placed it on a table about 10 feet from the plane, I then powered up the receiver in the plane - I noticed that the TM1000 light went on very quickly, the light on the AR8000 lagged behind by about 3 seconds and the light on the satellite rcvr seemed to take another 5-8 seconds. Also, when I had the transmitter within 3 feet of the plane, the receiver would not 'connect'.

Regards,
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Love to hear that!

The TM1000 light should flash. It's the one near the Data port - the one on the other side (red) is feedback that RPM is sensed.

There's not a set time that it has to take. The DX8 stays on the bind screen until long after the bind has completed so you have plenty of time to read the dispaly. If you want, after it binds just click the roller to proceed to the Main screen.

Andy