Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:03 PM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE View Post
"If we included a DVD of all that these radios can do, we'd have to charge twice as much for the radio! Seriously, the radio can do a LOT. The expert programmers around here blow me away with what they do with them."

there yer go , you said it yourself , "expert programmers" we non experts need a really good tutorial of how to program , a DVD doesnt cost much to duplicate in China and it wouldn't be that hard to make.............it would also be a good selling point to get above the opposition eg Futaba ect
I rest my case...
Not being in the biz of making movies, but, I'd say at least one if not two Camermen, at least one for sound, an editor and then the multiple takes of each of the different programing functions and ways to use them, and of course a model to demonstrate with...I'm betting that when you add all that up there quite an investment in making a DVD that would be professional in content and presentation.
not to mention the equipment rental.
mikeruth is online now Find More Posts by mikeruth
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:06 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Horizon make vids of all their new planes ...so it wouldnt be hard for them at all...chek some out
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:13 PM
The "Foaminator"
Joined Mar 2007
2,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE View Post
Horizon make vids of all their new planes ...so it wouldnt be hard for them at all...chek some out
Yup they sure do, one camera on a tripod and a guy running it, atable and a back drop, sound is accpetable but not great. No artwork for a DVD just upload to the server.

Would that be good enough to show you how to program a radio? Could you see the screen on the TX ok?

I don't want to go back and forth on this. Just saying I think there is a significant investment in a quailty DVD production.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:16 PM
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Some close-up shots with a voice over and a bit of editing is 'Not' hard to do

end of story
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:20 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Hey, these guys can do it! why cant Spektrum?

Flite Test - Spektrum DX8 - REVIEW (9 min 51 sec)

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:22 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,464 Posts
'Cept that this ain't "expert" level at all - the Radian Pro is a very basic setup! Most non-experts such as myself get their knowledge by reading the manuals, by playing around (remove the prop and you won't hurt anything), by hanging around at the hobby shop, and by asking questions at the club field.

OK, here's the super-detailed explanation.

Leave the BIND/DATA port empty unless you are binding or attaching telemetry (that's where the bind plug or TM1000 goes).

The rest of them just read top to bottom along, with throttle on the Monitor screen matching up to throttle on the receiver. Plug the ESC lead into the throttle. Now, for each other input, figure out where it comes from (elevator, rudder, left/right aileron, etc) and plug it in using the name on the Monitor screen to match the function of the servo.

If you run out of receiver slots before you run out of radio outputs (or vice versa), then you're done.

Just go through it in sequence.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:24 PM
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Thanks.....................
Ian
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:34 PM
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Im with you on that VP
Old Dec 18, 2010, 07:22 AM
Joined Sep 2007
6 Posts
Anyone noticed these strange behaviors?

Start-up issue: Normally when turning the transmitter on there will be some short beeps. But if you turn the unit on and put the Aux 3 in centre position (turn the knob until you hear the centre beep). Then turn it off. Turn it back on. Now you will hear a huge amount of short beeps ending with a long beep. If you turn the Aux 3 off centre and do a restart it will behave normal again.

Timing issue: Use the stop watch mode then change it to count down mode. The first time you use the timer after that change it will still act like a stop watch.
openfieldflyer is offline Find More Posts by openfieldflyer
Old Dec 18, 2010, 08:15 AM
The "Foaminator"
Joined Mar 2007
2,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Hey, these guys can do it! why cant Spektrum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjDq7vAWHRA

VP
Good morning Pete, sorry but this is nothing more than a promo video.

Does nothing to instruct a user on programming.

I will say they did a pretty good job at what they created though.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 08:27 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by openfieldflyer View Post
Anyone noticed these strange behaviors?
I did notice that ever since they introduce the AUX3 center beep that depending on where you have it position changing from model to model or like you mention powering on the TX you get extra or abnormal beeps BUT thats normal since its the radio seing center or not on AUX3 and I think nothing of it.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:01 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,464 Posts
You get beeps of various types at power-on depending on the position of your switches and the knob. What's happening is that it's telling you that, for instance, a timer has started, the knob is centered, etc.

At initial powerup you might get a couple extra beeps from the aux3 knob. This is due to the stabilization of the ADC circuitry, and is normal.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 18, 2010, 01:54 PM
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
Good morning Pete, sorry but this is nothing more than a promo video.

Does nothing to instruct a user on programming.

I will say they did a pretty good job at what they created though.
The point Peter is making is that if these guy can make a good quality vid , it would be a piece of cake for Horizon hobbies to do it
I gave up trying to get my DX8 to work the AR600 in the Radian Pro and will wait untill someone who KNOWS how to set it up with camber change ect publishes a 'HOW TO' schematic or preferably a vid....what Horizon have on their web site is absolutely PITTIFULL ......shame on you Horizon Robbies...
This is my opinion and Im sticking to it..

Ian
Old Dec 18, 2010, 02:40 PM
Joined Sep 2007
6 Posts
What about this – when switching between models the TX sometimes (possibly one time out of ten) changes the trims one step in some direction for that last selected model. This is very obvious when you have all trims at center for all models and then do a couple of model switches. All of a sudden the trims are out of center – Not very nice at all.
openfieldflyer is offline Find More Posts by openfieldflyer
Old Dec 18, 2010, 02:43 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by openfieldflyer View Post
What about this when switching between models the TX sometimes (possibly one time out of ten) changes the trims one step in some direction for that last selected model. This is very obvious when you have all trims at center for all models and then do a couple of model switches. All of sudden the trims are out of center Not very nice at all.
How can you tell the trims are off center?
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)