SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:36 PM
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined Mar 2009
174 Posts
I just gave a deposit to my LHS to get one of the first shipment of DX8 that they get. I think I get the 2nd one that comes in. They were not sure about the delivery since they do not have a item number yet, but they think it will be available late August.

Woo Hoo, I'm getting one.
Sea Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Sea Monkey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:35 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I wish I could get one right here right now but I'm already off budget.
Life should only be about R/C... but it's not.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:37 PM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
I'm curious about the data port.

As explained to me it is telemetry of the self same info that the Flight Log gives.
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
how would the voltage sensor will be monitored?
I guess something in series with the battery so a custom connector wil l be required? correct?
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,209 Posts
No, the telemetry module is powered by the same voltage that is present on the receivers power bus, that's all that's needed for it to sense and report the voltage.
Series connections are for measuring current, not voltage.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:19 PM
USA, CA, Merced
Joined Dec 2007
504 Posts
pete, I believe they may have been referring to the "rpm/voltage" port on the telemetry module, which is for sensing either RPM or the voltage of a 2nd source (ie main pack for an electric).

and no, not in series, parallel is fine for sensing voltage.
DannyZRC is offline Find More Posts by DannyZRC
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:55 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,512 Posts
Can I get Vario out of either ? even maybe in the future ?.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:11 AM
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Feb 2010
157 Posts
If any one listened to the podcast, I asked them to say something about the DX10t, and thank god they said it would be coming to the US, The Spektrum guy even said that it wouldn't be popular here in the US, I read this entire forum, and I saw a lot of people that were interested in it, I know I am, Today I applied to be a test pilot for it, hopefully I'll make it!!!!!!!
Looks great!
Danyal is offline Find More Posts by Danyal
Old Jul 20, 2010, 01:02 AM
making the world a weird place
Southern California.
Joined Aug 2008
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyal View Post
If any one listened to the podcast, I asked them to say something about the DX10t, and thank god they said it would be coming to the US, The Spektrum guy even said that it wouldn't be popular here in the US, I read this entire forum, and I saw a lot of people that were interested in it, I know I am, Today I applied to be a test pilot for it, hopefully I'll make it!!!!!!!
Looks great!
Would you happen to have a link to sign up?
A-10_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by A-10_Flyer
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:02 AM
One cell short of a Pack
Good ole Smithsburg, MD
Joined Mar 2007
1,898 Posts
^^ this is great news! I was sure I'd have to order one (DX10T) from Germany to get one. I wonder why they changed their minds?

the podcast is here (July 15th) and the specific DX10t stuff starts at 23:25 with the important "make it avail in US" comment @ 24:15. I'm excited! Thanks Danyal for asking the question(s)

Cheers,
Steve
steve1814 is online now Find More Posts by steve1814
Last edited by steve1814; Jul 20, 2010 at 04:26 AM. Reason: added podcast link
Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:11 AM
Suspended Account
Portland/NJ/NY
Joined Jun 2010
59 Posts
Looks Like Esprit Models Will carry DX10 already listed under new products of 2010/2011
scroll towards the bottom

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...&Category=1045
Prestigeauto is offline Find More Posts by Prestigeauto
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:22 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
546 Posts
Well I will go for the DX10, can not get used to my DX7, wich have in my opinion a poor programming setup, miss the timer on throttle for electro's, and the poor assigment from switches. I hope also the DX8 and DX10 will be better in that corner. After 10 years with an Graupner MC-18 wich I had to give away on my move to Canada, what i regret sometimes. Anyway, I'm already saving for that DX10 when it comes, otherwise I buy one in Belgium next year.
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:50 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1814 View Post
^^ this is great news! I was sure I'd have to order one (DX10T) from Germany to get one. I wonder why they changed their minds?

the podcast is here (July 15th) and the specific DX10t stuff starts at 23:25 with the important "make it avail in US" comment @ 24:15. I'm excited! Thanks Danyal for asking the question(s)

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks for that info.
PAT
Old Jul 22, 2010, 03:55 PM
Suspended Account
Portland/NJ/NY
Joined Jun 2010
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T View Post
Well I will go for the DX10, can not get used to my DX7, wich have in my opinion a poor programming setup, miss the timer on throttle for electro's, and the poor assigment from switches. I hope also the DX8 and DX10 will be better in that corner. After 10 years with an Graupner MC-18 wich I had to give away on my move to Canada, what i regret sometimes. Anyway, I'm already saving for that DX10 when it comes, otherwise I buy one in Belgium next year.
i agree with you 100%
Being From Europe,i love tray radios and MC-18 what a radio you gave away!! you could of installed spectrum module in it!
But yeah im getting DX10 as well,just patience my Friend And Yeah all switches are assignable plus it has seperate programing modules Sailplane acro Heli Etc and powered by LIPO!
Prestigeauto is offline Find More Posts by Prestigeauto
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 23, 2010, 02:11 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestigeauto View Post
i agree with you 100%
Being From Europe,i love tray radios and MC-18 what a radio you gave away!! you could of installed spectrum module in it!
But yeah im getting DX10 as well,just patience my Friend And Yeah all switches are assignable plus it has seperate programing modules Sailplane acro Heli Etc and powered by LIPO!
Well the MC-18 was upgraded to MC-20 with complete new Eprom, Gave it to my son together with almost al the planes and Heli's at that time back in 2005. Mostly due to wrong information about migrating to Canada. The Spectrum modules where not available then, as far as I know.

Yes, the DX10 will be worth the wait, for now Im happy with the DX7, its not a complete disaster, but compared to my MC-18, yes, they could have done a much better job almost 10 years later, I bought that MC-18 in 1998 I think, well mine was one of the few that came to Belgium as soon it was in my favorite store in Antwerp.

Hope my son still have it, but he might have sold it, or let the memory
backup cell get empty.

Regards

PAT