SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 13, 2010, 03:56 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
What new receiver or module do you need to transmit the telemetry data back to the DX8?
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Last edited by jhroof; Jul 13, 2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:36 PM
Richard Cox
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Dec 2003
648 Posts
I don't like the thumbwheel, either. Two of our club members with DX6i transmitters
had the thumbwheel mechanism break.
Richard Cox is offline Find More Posts by Richard Cox
Old Jul 13, 2010, 05:39 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,683 Posts
The rcvr that comes with it has a plug in the side where the download module plugs into. The rcvr has, if I remember right, the rcvr batt. voltage and a temp sensor. This comes with the radio. The sensors for the other devices are extra.
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:22 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,304 Posts
Step 1 when working on a "live" electric plane: Remove the prop.

I've almost lost a finger/arm/etc a few times before I learned that lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
I don't particularly like the thumb wheel design. You have to be careful when you are in the Reverse screen. More than once when I had my DX6i setting up the servos powered up, I accidentally reversed the throttle. Well you know what happened. It is very easy to apply to much pressure when you are spinning the wheel. I hope they fixed that.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:16 AM
multirotor/hotliner pilot
Chicago, IL
Joined Aug 2005
2,805 Posts
Hey guys,

Perhaps a silly set of questions, but please bear with my ignorance: What are the knob and button-looking thingy on the top of the DX8 for? I've only had a Multiplex ROYALevo 9 and a Spektrum DX7se, neither of which have anything like those. Is the knob digital or analog? Furthermore, I just noticed that the DX10t has two knobs on the upper right panel. Are those digital or analog? What do people generally use those for? Yes, the ROYALevo does have "digi-adjuster" knobs, but those for used for programming/setup, etc. I'm guessing that isn't the intent for these particular radios given the layout and the fact that they both have a scroll adjuster like JR radios.

Thanks,

Damon
saturnine is offline Find More Posts by saturnine
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:27 AM
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined Mar 2009
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cox View Post
I don't like the thumbwheel, either. Two of our club members with DX6i transmitters
had the thumbwheel mechanism break.
Different Strokes...

I love the thumb wheel. In fact, the lack of one on the DX7 is the biggest reason I haven't upgraded from my DX6i.

anyone hear of a date on the DX8? My LHS is taking orders/deposits for a hopeful delivery in Septemer. But they can't give me the actual price or an official delivery date yet.
Sea Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Sea Monkey
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:20 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,111 Posts
DX8: The top left button is the bind/trainer button. The top right knob is an analog input.

DX10t: The right side knobs are analog inputs.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:45 PM
Airspeed, altitude, and brains
Wolverine MI Northern Lower Peninsula
Joined Feb 2009
439 Posts
Those dials are generally used to operate a function that you want infinitely adjustable...say for flaps so that you can set them at any point within their range, not just at 2 or 3 distinct points...or to operate something like a turning pilot head that will then move to any position you want at any speed you want it to turn! I think you can even set your throttle to that dial if you don't want the throttle function to be on a lever that is also a rudder control. Might keep you from accidentally hitting the rudder when you adjust the throttle and vice versa. I actually love having that flexibility. Makes the throttle alot more like a full-scale plane.
flightphotog is offline Find More Posts by flightphotog
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:07 PM
Suspended Account
Portland/NJ/NY
Joined Jun 2010
59 Posts
I wish that DX8 would of used DX7 Case Or 9303 Instead of DX6i I never liked the feel of DX6i Im sure DX8 will be heavier then dx6i and hopefully balanced right
Im a die hard Spectrum lover but the new Futaba 8ch is starting to gain my intrest.Im still hoping to get my hands on DX10 AKA EU10 from UK when it comes out,i honestly think Multiplex and Spectrum Joined forces in producing this tx,sticks look identical to Multiplex TX
Well im so confused now i really want to move up as far as my Radio equipment,but with so many Radios coming out its hard to make the right call.At this moment i think i would either get the new Futaba 8CH or brake the bank and go with JR11X.Does anyone know if 11X is Capable of 11ms frame rate?or its 22Ms?Seems like the more channels radio Has it takes longer to process therefor Latency is Slower with 9ch and up in my opinion
Prestigeauto is offline Find More Posts by Prestigeauto
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:29 PM
Richard Cox
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Dec 2003
648 Posts
Since the DX10 is designed for Europe, it is probably DSM-J, and would be incompatible
with the DSM2 receivers sold in the US. Where you gonna get receivers when you
need them?
Richard Cox is offline Find More Posts by Richard Cox
Old Jul 15, 2010, 04:51 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,683 Posts
It's DSM2
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jul 15, 2010, 05:56 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
dsm-J are for Japanese models
in Europe we got DSM2
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 15, 2010, 08:18 AM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,102 Posts
What is DSM-J, how is it different from DSM-2?
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:05 AM
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined May 2009
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
dsm-J are for Japanese models
in Europe we got DSM2
yep my DX6i is DMS2 as are all my RX's
JazzMan2001 is offline Find More Posts by JazzMan2001
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:12 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,386 Posts
Had the chance to take the 11x at a recent funfly. Very light, feels good in the hands but overall, the low weight and plastic feel on the case left a somewhat "toyish" feel while holding it. The look is awsome though. The screen is very sharp and large, reads easily.

I too have a tough time to choose between the DX8, 9503 and 11x.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member