http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1844833
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:19 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Thanks, it's fun to see the programming I provided him on an actual model and in action.
I have since talked to him numerous times and I'm happy he's happy.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:00 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
My source is the www and all the posts here talking about it when announce at some toy fair in europe somewhere.

But almost 3 yrs ago it was just a guess but now looks like it was a GOOD guess.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=78
Great, thanks for the replies guys ..... I look forward to seeing it.

Another sailplane question: I'm looking to use the GPS sensor as a 'find your lost glider' aid. If the model crashes, and say the battery disconnects, will the DX8 still display 'last known position'? Using my current telemetry setup I tried to answer that question and sensors stop reading on battery disconnect but the max/min page still retains readings. I guess my question is: would the max/min page still display a reading indicating the crash site?
744drv is offline Find More Posts by 744drv
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:08 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Thanks.

That's hard-coded text. It doesn't say track if you've downloaded any particular update or not, just that 2.06 is the latest version.

So this is not a bug.

Andy
Ah, OK thanks Andy. I thought the site tracked if I had downloaded 2.06 and would interactively respond. My error, sorry
Old Mar 06, 2013, 02:36 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lincs
Joined Mar 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
What do you want to know about it? It's in beta test right now.Andy
Best news this year :-)

Allan
Allan_K is offline Find More Posts by Allan_K
Old Mar 06, 2013, 02:36 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 744drv View Post
Great, thanks for the replies guys ..... I look forward to seeing it.

Another sailplane question: I'm looking to use the GPS sensor as a 'find your lost glider' aid. If the model crashes, and say the battery disconnects, will the DX8 still display 'last known position'? Using my current telemetry setup I tried to answer that question and sensors stop reading on battery disconnect but the max/min page still retains readings. I guess my question is: would the max/min page still display a reading indicating the crash site?
Andy once told me that exactly that happens. If you lose RF link to your radio, you have the last coordinates. Also a reason I fixed a GPS to my larger models.
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:53 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
It would be easy to test but at this moment I don't recall if the info stays on screen. If you are logging the info to SD Card then sure the last info would be stored. Does it remain on screen??????? Can have an answer later today for you if it's not confirmed before.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
It would be easy to test but at this moment I don't recall if the info stays on screen. If you are logging the info to SD Card then sure the last info would be stored. Does it remain on screen??????? Can have an answer later today for you if it's not confirmed before.
Logging to SD is for STi users I believe .... if so no not doing that, dont have STi. A trial would be very much appreciated, thanks Freechip
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:04 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Logging isn't just for STi user with the new PC application in the works from a member here.

Here is the latest version I think.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24102479

I think you could easily find it if you had something like this right? Pic not mine.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:38 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
231 Posts
That would help if I took my PC up onto the hill!! Thanks for the link anyway as I'm obviously interested in what this GPS sensor can offer. Will research logging.

Would still appreciate the test ..... thanks
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:41 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
For sure, ASAP when I get home it's the first thing on the agenda. Power On my Telemetry and GPS equiped rc(s) and see what happens to actual GPS info (Long/Lat) on transmitter screen when power is removed from RC.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:48 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,860 Posts
Does the sti work with new iPad or is there an adapter that can be used in conjunction with the sti?
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:15 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
There's an adapter.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 08:38 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,124 Posts
Quote:
The last reported position and heading are retained on the tx display. If you have a cell phone with a GPS position reporter, you can use it to find your model.

We retain the heading so that you can walk in the right direction from that spot.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:05 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
231 Posts
Thanks Andy, I'll add the GPS sensor to my wish list. This feature could be a good sales aspect but I couldn't see it stated in the sales info at any retailer. Thanks once again!!