HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:55 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
You hold the controls in the position to make it fly straight/level, then push the auto-trim button. This causes the stick positions to be treated as trim positions.

Then you must release the sticks immediately because you are adding controls in the same directions as the trims; for an instant, your trims are doubled.

It's not an easy feature to use, and is defaulted to OFF as a result. Don't get your hopes up for it to be a savior.

Andy
I prefer the way the Jeti transmitter does autotrim, you are holding in the controls you need and pull the momentary switch assigned for autotrim and the trims move *slowly* in the directions the sticks are held so you can back off the sticks as you go along if necessary. Much safer and more intuitive than the DX10t's instant autotrim which I have yet to see do the right thing

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:57 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,327 Posts
Then I think you would have to ensure your switch power source has no connection to the signal wire what so ever. A two wire On/Off switch for example
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Feb 06, 2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:22 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
These conditions are only seen when I VERY slowly move the switch from Off to On position.
Snapping it over usually results in normal link ups

KKKKFL
Why are you SLOWLY switching it in the first place? As freechip said, "Don't switch it slowly".
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:03 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,663 Posts
I've owned several products where slow or tentative movement of a switch could cause strange results. Some switches are designed such that the contacts will snap firmly into position even if you are slow, but other switches will pass through a noisy/low voltage/semi connected state which tends to confuse electronics.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:14 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,102 Posts
I have been using the JR and MPI DSC Compatible Switch Harnesses for years without any issues. I have Jets, Giant Scale Gas Warbirds and Aerobatic aircraft.

I did have an issue when I switched receivers in my H9 P47-150 gasser from a 72Mhz JR RS2000 to an AR9010 Rx. As I moved the Elevator stick, my Elevator servos would move erratically and then freeze. I noticed that the AR9010 was rebooting. I switched from my JR XP9303 to my DX8. Same issue. I switched from my AR9010 to an AR8000. Same issue. I finally replaced the extensions running To and From my Switch Harness and I have not had a problem since with either Tx or Rx. The Switch Harness was an MPI and has not had any issues either.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:55 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,358 Posts
I have been able to repeat the condition in various perturbations. I've cut signal wire from the switch to the Power "in port", no joy here though. I have established that the TM1000 sees ground on the signal wire by cutting the yellow wire on a short extension and placing that in the output from the bind/data line. With it cut everything comes up fine no matter how the power is applied, just no Fade or Hold data. One workaround would be to put a small micro toggle switch in that line. I would be interested in finding out if other members in the community can cause this "No bind condition" or has anyone else seen this. All one needs to do is VERY SLOWLY slide the power switch into the ON position. Another work around is to have the connection to the Rx on a short extension and plug in the TM1000 AFTER the power is applied to the receiver in my case an AR 6210x (Might be receiver associated).

I know the suggestion to just snap the switch sounds good but, I have seen this condition throughout the last year. I just never recognized it. Usually, canopy is locked down, I go to the flight line and switch on power. Sometimes the bars do not appear on the DX8.. all year long, when this happened, I just cycled the power switch until the bars appeared. It is infrequent IF the On/off switch is snapped briskly, but it still occurs even with a crisp snap of the switch, just not as often. So now the question to everyone becomes, "Have you experienced a NO LINK where the TM1000 doesn't initially come up on your DX8, or for that matter DX10 or 18, since I believe this is TM1000 related?

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:19 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,327 Posts
Yes, when using the TM1000 with a Non-Data capable receiver. Having the data cable connect with all it's wires intact would cause the Tm to go into bind mode and the result would be a working setup minus telemetry (no bars).

The solution was/is to remove the signal lead from the cable. Since you need it for Flight Log info, you need to find another solution for you Switch. Could you not just replace the entire switch and do without it and possibly just have those Power Jumpers on the Main pack leads?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:09 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,358 Posts
I think this problem is linked to the AR 6210x and has little to do with the switch. I have been able to re-create the problem without using the switch in the circuit. I even went down the rabbit hole of believing that the "Y" cable had some influence. With no "Y" cable, I could still get the fast blink to occur. The best work-around is to leave the TM1000 un-pluged on power up, then just plug it in once the receiver has linked. I am thinking that this is something characteristic of AR 6210x's. I wish the receivers were not so expensive or I would run out tomorrow and purchase a new 7 channel or 8 channel, just for test purposes.

I should have done a better job of logging these Telemetry link fails, maybe then I would have stumbled on a particular receiver type that has the problem. In the meantime if there are folks with this receiver try the slow slide switch power on and see if you don't find the same result.

Thanks all you folks with "Test" in your blood.

KKKKFL
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:15 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
I think this problem is linked to the AR 6210x and has little to do with the switch. <snip> In the meantime if there are folks with this receiver try the slow slide switch power on and see if you don't find the same result. Thanks all you folks with "Test" in your blood. KKKKFL
Why would you say it's link to the receiver but yet you still use an On/Off switch?

PS: All of my electric planes do not have any On/Off switch.

Quote:
<snip> I have been able to re-create the problem without using the switch in the circuit.<snip>
What are your steps for recreating it without the Switch?

TM1000 data cable connected to Bind/Data port of the receiver, Power On the receiver you and get Flashing LED on the TM1000?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:05 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,358 Posts
I can use the 6th channel on the receiver and just plug a fully charged 4.8v battery in as the power source. NO SWITCH in the circuit at all, and the TM1000 does the Rapid blink..

Using the switch, the receiver always locks quickly, and when I used the short extension between the Bind/Data port into the shorty cable with the micro JST on one end and the deans, but I cut the Yellow on the extension I always had a quick link up. This leads me to believe that on "Power-up" my AR 6210x is grounding the signal lead on the Bind/Data channel . This may be an anomoly and may be a fault on my receiver only.

My question to the group is "Can anyone else duplicate this glitch using an AR 6210x?"
Perhaps I have a receiver that's got the flu...

KKKKFL
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:40 PM
Joined Feb 2013
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
Last time I upgraded, it was a nightmare. Is this really what I need to do again?
Yes, you have to update to 2.06. There are 75 pages of complaints about 2.05 starting with post 18027 on page 1202:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikn View Post
I think I've found a bug in 2.05 or something really weird. I loaded 2.04 and took notes on the trim and throw of the control surfaces of a plane. Then I loaded 2.05 and checked again. Trim was a little off as expected and I fixed that. Travel on elevator was good (enough) but rudder was a little assymmetrical. I went in to fix that but the funny thing is that even though I adjust the travel setting in the radio, the servo does not move and travel of the servo remains the same. Even adjusting this down to 0 does nothing.
Went back to 2.04 and there this works as expected.
I'm using dual aileron and dual elevator servos. Single rudder and no gear.
And continues until 2.06 was released with post 19133 page 1276:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaffee View Post
Does 2.06 correct the issue with having to adjust travel amount by moving the stick in the opposite direction to the desired movement (on a reversed servo)?
Update: Okay, it appears it does..
Iím running a good chance of getting excommunicated like the others for going against the Big-Guy but sometimes you have to take a risk for the truth to be known.
b29flier is offline Find More Posts by b29flier
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:46 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29flier View Post
.<snip> Iím running a good chance of getting excommunicated like the others for going against the Big-Guy but sometimes you have to take a risk for the truth to be known.
They get excommunicated for the way they post and violate the forum rules set by RCG.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:59 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29flier View Post
Yes, you have to update to 2.06. There are 75 pages of complaints about 2.05 starting with post 18027 on page 1202:

And continues until 2.06 was released with post 19133 page 1276:

Iím running a good chance of getting excommunicated like the others for going against the Big-Guy but sometimes you have to take a risk for the truth to be known.
Huh?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:13 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Huh?
Don't worry, page count means nothing since you can adjust the post per page count. His 75 pages of complaints and mentioning page 1276 means I have a 3 time less pages then him which means for me there is only 25 pages of complaints.

PS: This current post is on page 422 for me.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:31 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
They get excommunicated for the way they post and violate the forum rules set by RCG.
He was just banned from H.F as well under helifanatic99. His social skills kill em every time . Mark Ryder seems to have a soft spot for him and carrys him along no matter the mess he creates.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion