Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,083 Posts
Air Brakes with Dual Rudder

• System Setup
  • Wing Type
  • Tail: Dual Rudd
This will rename the rudder channel to (RRU) for Right Rudder and Aux3 channel to (LRU) for Left Rudder.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Feb 05, 2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Corrected secondary Rudder from Aux2 to Aux3
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:30 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
  • System Setup
  • Wing Type
  • Tail: Dual Rudd
This will rename the rudder channel to (RRU) for Right Rudder and Aux2 channel to (LRU) for Left Rudder.
Dang it....lol. I was affraid of that as I have tv plugged in to Aux2 and mixed to control tv on/off.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:38 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,083 Posts
@ DamonH - Is your original request of Aux1 your only available channel?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:50 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,328 Posts
Quote:
@ DamonH - Is your original request of Aux1 your only available channel?
I have Aux1 and Aux3 available. But I guess I can move whats on Aux2 to free it up so everything is where it should be.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:14 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,083 Posts
Sorry my friend I made a mistake and have corrected my original post.

It is infact using AUX3 channel for the second rudder.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:50 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,328 Posts
Quote:
Sorry my friend I made a mistake and have corrected my original post.

It is infact using AUX3 channel for the second rudder.
Ahhhh....sweet. I think that will work out perfectly then. I'll let you know if I have any issues with it. Thanks freechip!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:05 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,360 Posts
Here's a question I posted in another thread, but it appears nobody knows the answer:

Ok riddle me this.. I'm sure others have seen the condition where you fire up the DX8, then the model with the TM1K and you don't see the bars indicating link... In the past, I would power off everything and start over and usually the whole system would come up. So bear with me. Yesterday, I was watching closely and it happened. but this time due to my watching closely, I noticed that the orange light inside the TM1K went to a rapid blink the Rx is a 6210x came on solid. Further, I use a "Y" on the Rx bind/data port with power on one leg the other side going into the TM1K.

After I realized that the TM1K wasn't coming up correctly, I guessed that there was some power issue. I unplugged my 2700mah 4.8v JR battery, and used the 4.8v battery that was in the plane for ignition. I just plugged this extra pack into one of the aileron leads that was hanging out the side of the plane. Instantly, everything came up fine. Guessing that power was the issue, I slammed the slide switch mounted in the plane back and forth about a dozen times. I then unplugged that extra battery, and BINGO, the whole system worked.

Ok so I tossed and turned all night, "How can the switch be the problem?" My first guess was the "Y" connector as there is some small capacitor internally wired... I walked into the shop in my Jammies at 4 AM and did some more testing. If I slide the switch slowly I can get the TM1K to blink rapidly and not lock up. Snapping the slide switch aggressively, usually makes the system come up. I then tried moving the power from the Bind/data port and eliminating the "Y" I put the switch/battery on the aileron channel direct. This made no difference. Sliding the switch slowly causes the TM1k to blink fast but not lock correctly.

I think the fast blink is indicative of something but I don't have a clue. At a minimum I will replace the switch, but I can't figure out why a slow turn on would cause this.

Ok let the comments come flying in.... Also like to hear from others if they have seen this. The switch in question is one of those high dollar switches that has the charge port on the same mounting as the switch.

What say ye?

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:21 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,083 Posts
The fast blinking means it's going into BIND mode caused by the Yellow Signal wire seing Ground signal from when you power ON.

This happens when connected to a Non Data ready receiver and why it's recommended to remove the signal wire from the Data lead to avoid this situation from happening.

Chances are this is happening during the switching on with you On/Off harness. For testing purposes remove the signal wire from the data cable and test again and se what happens.

If this fixes your issue it means you will need to find another solution if you still want to have Flight Log information displayed.
Last edited by freechip; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:34 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,360 Posts
Not sure that is gonna work. In one test I used the gear channel for power up. TM1k was plugged into Bind/Data port alone. I slowly moved the switch to the ON position, and the TM1K went into Bind mode... now what is crazy is that I turn off or kill by removing power and then slam the slide switch back and forth( no battery connected), I reconnect the battery and slam the switch home, and everything stays bound and comes up.

KKKKFL
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:35 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,993 Posts
Franco,

!! REPLACE THAT SWITCH (shouting is intentional)!!

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:29 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,861 Posts
I lost my login password on the community (and no longer have access to the emailaccount which is coupled with it).
Is it possible to make a new account and register the radio again (so then it will be registered twice)?
struggleforlife is online now Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:31 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
I lost my login password on the community (and no longer have access to the emailaccount which is coupled with it).
Is it possible to make a new account and register the radio again (so then it will be registered twice)?
I was in the exact same situation with no access to the email account as well. I just emailed Spektrum and explained it and they sent the information to my new email and everything was good
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:31 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
Have you contacted spektrum directly?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:48 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,083 Posts
@ struggleforlife - Did you have to provide proof of purchase or something? There's a DX18 owner/member who posted about the radio being registered to someone else and not being able to update.

The proof of purchase or something was the something having to provide other existing information on the account?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:49 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,360 Posts
I'm on my way to the LHS Andy... but how does the switch impact only the TM1k? the AR6210x is unaffected?

That's what got me up at 4 in the morning. And I tried every pertubation of power input, with all tests pointing to the switch... incidently I failed to mention it but the batteries used in testing were all fully charged...

Low voltage on initial mechanical connection is one thing, but would that low voltage be triggering "Bind" on the TM? and if the TM really thinks it is going to Bind mode, doesn't the SID get wiped out?

These are more curiosity questions, than anything else. I will replace the switch and see if I can duplicate the condition by slowly moving the slider to "ON" versus the usual flick to on.

KKKKFL