HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:43 PM
Joined Mar 2011
212 Posts
Removed by User
Retiredtech is offline Find More Posts by Retiredtech
Last edited by Retiredtech; May 29, 2013 at 01:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Updating to 2.06 after you have gone through 2.05 will not be the same.If you readjusted your subtrims and endpoints in 2.05 just remember that when/if you get the prompt to Update a model file you simply click Cancel instead of Update.
Then nothing will get changed.If you still have models that didnt manually get the adjustments needed when going to 2.05 then you can click Update and the subtrims will get fixed automatically.I advise that directly after updating to 2.06
you select each stored model and go to mainscreen and deal with the prompt(if it appears) on each model and be done with it.You will only get the prompt if a model has reversed channels.If you have backups IMO its best at this time to delete them and back them up again after you have all the models in the radio on 2.06.It may save confusion/frustration later.

It wasnt so much that the update had problems as it was that many users had problems understanding and dealing with it.

Blade crasher
Got the SPM.Looking into what you were trying to explain.
Yes, the users had problems dealing with version 2.05 because the version itself had problems. Spektrum dumped it asap; now the only version available on their website is version 2.06 That should tell you something.
HappyFlier is offline Find More Posts by HappyFlier
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:10 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredtech View Post
<snip> Update to v2.06 and you'll be fine. RT
It's always recommended you update to the latest AirWare version.

Updating to 2.06 is recommended but you still need to pay attention to what you are doing during the update.

If you are coming from 2.04 or later version then simply follow the on screen instructions and when prompt to update model select yes.

If you are coming from 2.05 and manually made the corrections yourself when updating to 2.06 and prompt to update model you should select NO/Cancel since you already done the changes yourself.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:25 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,084 Posts
If you read the PDF; you'll see exactly what was changed in 2.06. The big thing was it automatically made the changes that many users found too difficult to do themselves. So we automated it. It was a couple lines of code - IF this is a pre-2.06 model, AND it has a channel reversed, AND the travel or sub-trim is not default, THEN swap the travel values and negate the sub-trim.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:27 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,957 Posts
Quote:
No one said v2.05 crashed. Apparently when Microsoft screws up their programming, and you canít make it work right, you guys blame yourself. Put the blame where it belongs Ö and that is not the users.

RT
How did MS get into this?
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:43 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers.dean View Post
Light on, light off... It's normal and it screws up all the time. Especially if you install the Spektrum lipo battery. Light is supposed to go off when fully charged, but it never does. Basically, it's just a light for decoration and really doesn't indicate much of anything other than it's powered up...maybe... It's not even really reliable by glancing at it to let you know if you accidentally left the radio on because it could be on and transmitting while the orange light is off. Don't worry about it and just be sure to check the screen.
After having b the DX8 for 3 months the orange light came on for the first time when it was turned On and not hooked up to the charger. I'm not using the Lipo and battery voltage indicates 5.2V. Sure would like to know what triggered it, is the transmitter reliable now, do I have a problem? Should I talk to tech support about this, how do I contact the right people?
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:47 PM
steelers.dean - crvnation
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity).
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
If you read the PDF; you'll see exactly what was changed in 2.06. The big thing was it automatically made the changes that many users found too difficult to do themselves. So we automated it. It was a couple lines of code - IF this is a pre-2.06 model, AND it has a channel reversed, AND the travel or sub-trim is not default, THEN swap the travel values and negate the sub-trim.

Andy
Now give us "the rest of the story". Did the programming errors magically fix themselves; or did the 'couple lines of code' fix them too?
canon1 is offline Find More Posts by canon1
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:58 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,851 Posts
Deleted...figured it out.
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Last edited by DamonH; Feb 04, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:25 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
837 Posts
Thanks to all on the 2.06 upgrade for my 2.05 DX8. I will undertake the change over this week and note all my heli settings before so that I can confirm things are correct after the update.

My personal experience when I went from 2.04 to 2.05, since I fly mostly helis which, at leas tfor me, are more complicated than planes, was that some many had to be manually re-configured.

Lesson learned then. Now is seems that should any model ask for update the settings, I simply decline and then after the fact check to see that it's acting as I expect.

Thanks again.
Blade Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:05 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
Thanks to all on the 2.06 upgrade for my 2.05 DX8. I will undertake the change over this week and note all my heli settings before so that I can confirm things are correct after the update.

My personal experience when I went from 2.04 to 2.05, since I fly mostly helis which, at leas tfor me, are more complicated than planes, was that some many had to be manually re-configured.

Lesson learned then. Now is seems that should any model ask for update the settings, I simply decline and then after the fact check to see that it's acting as I expect.

Thanks again.
You got it.
I loaded that SPM and dont see any huge issue.can you reconfigure the mixes etc. that you had when it was getting funky on the Monitor screen and attach that file? Im re reading the previous post to try and figure out exactly what you were trying to do in the first place.

Add:Load this and see if it is what you wanted.Ask a question if your not sure what I did and why.I ran the endpoint up to 120 on Aux 2&3. Set Aux 2 up on the Gov menu with values to give 100-110-120.Mixed Aux 2(Gov)>3.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Last edited by aerocal; Feb 04, 2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:36 AM
Joined Mar 2011
212 Posts
Please, Andy ...

Removed by User
Retiredtech is offline Find More Posts by Retiredtech
Last edited by Retiredtech; May 29, 2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:43 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,774 Posts
: )
struggleforlife is online now Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:13 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,084 Posts
Quote:
Why? Because the throw that the DX8 adjusted was not the right throw, but the left throw, which couldnít be seen because the user was doing the right throw.
You DO realize, I hope, that the reversed travel situation is the same on ALL versions of AirWare, on ALL transmitters...

It is on the list for future updates. In fact, part of the 2.05 update to Heli mode was exactly to prepare for the correction, a fact which was noted here back when 2.05 came out.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:13 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,270 Posts
did a new update just come out?..or are you all just refering to older one's?
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89