SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:45 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,662 Posts
Franco
Yes its pretty straightforward.Since it goes in the port with temp then a y harness is needed.Your pretty sharp so to reduce clutter you can pull the lead out of the end of the plug and insert the +volt lead in the empty spot in the temp plug and then solder the -lead in the correct position with the other temp lead.I did this with a couple setups.I really dont like y harnesses or any unneeded extra connectors.
Enable Volts in the Telemetry menu.Simple as that.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:25 AM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Aug 2008
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
Pretty weak to charge for a seperate update imo. Especially for people that just purchased withing last 12 months. Updates should be included for life. Like charging more for pickles on your burger.
Actually, sounds more like asking for extra bacon on your burger, when the burger you ordered didn't come with bacon in the first place.
wfield0455 is online now Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:57 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,594 Posts
+1 for the above
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post
Actually, sounds more like asking for extra bacon on your burger, when the burger you ordered didn't come with bacon in the first place.
Actually, since they advertised it as the most advanced 8 channel radio on the market, it's more like ordering "The 8 Channel Deluxe" burger that doesn't have something much more basic, like cheese, which should have come with it since its direct competitors already had it included in the initial price for that class of burger. But, if you wanted a compatible 8 channel burger 2+ years ago, pretty much your only logical choice was buying the lesser burger in its class because the other burgers (TXs) wouldn't go well with your fries (RXs) that you already had at the time...

In fact, they still make that claim today. "The DX8 is the most advanced 8-channel system you will find anywhere."

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...servos-SPM8800
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Last edited by harryhenderson; Feb 02, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:03 AM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Aug 2008
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Actually, since they advertised it as the most advanced 8 channel radio on the market, it's more like ordering "The 8 Channel Deluxe" burger that doesn't have something much more basic, like cheese, which should have come with it since its direct competitors already had it included in the initial price for that class of burger. But, if you wanted a compatible 8 channel burger 2+ years ago, pretty much your only logical choice was buying the lesser burger in its class because the other burgers (TXs) wouldn't go well with your fries (RXs) that you already had at the time...

In fact, they still make that claim today. "The DX8 is the most advanced 8-channel system you will find anywhere."

Hey, some like cheese, some don't. Those that aren't going to eat the cheese don't feel that their 8ch deluxe is missing anything or that it is any less "deluxe".
For those that feel their 8ch deluxe burger transmitter isn't very deluxe because it doesn't have cheese, I guess they should have ordered one that had it instead of complaining that theirs doesn't.
wfield0455 is online now Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:04 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,594 Posts
What other 8ch burger/radio are you comparing it with?
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:12 AM
Joined Jan 2006
365 Posts
Quote:

Actually, since both on the box it comes in, and on the radio itself, it clearly states 8 channels 30 models 2 types", I would say it's more like ordering a Steakburger, and expecting to get a filet mignon between the buns. Do a little research before
handing over the money.
hondaflyer is offline Find More Posts by hondaflyer
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaflyer View Post
Do a little research before
handing over the money.
Build a better "burger" that has the same qualities as its competition before releasing it.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:33 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,391 Posts
Getting hungry.....
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
What other 8ch burger/radio are you comparing it with?
Since we're talking about glider programming, specifically... The JR 8303, for starters. Just like the DX8, it has 8 channels, 30 memories, but has all 3 model types (airplane, heli, glider). And, it's been out a lot longer than the DX8, so the precedent of having dedicated glider programming in the 8 channel radio class was already well established by a major player.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:46 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
Did I accidentally log in to my wife's food forum? I can here the Twilight Zone theme in my head. Something's wrong here........very strange indeed. Maybe it's a nightmare. I'm going back to bed.
onewire is offline Find More Posts by onewire
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post
Hey, some like cheese, some don't. Those that aren't going to eat the cheese don't feel that their 8ch deluxe is missing anything or that it is any less "deluxe".
But, for the price charged, it should come with everything else the competitor(s) offered in the same class. Don't want glider programming? Don't use it. Don't want cheese? Then don't use it, i.e. take it off or order it without it. They aren't going to charge you any less, but they should at least have offered it since the others came with it.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Jan 2006
365 Posts
Quote:
Build a better "burger" that has the same qualities as its competition before releasing it.
harry,
when you go to an unfamiliar burger doodle and decide on the deluxe burger,
do you read the menu or ask the server what's on it, or just order it and hope it
has what you like?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaflyer View Post
harry,
when you go to an unfamiliar burger doodle and decide on the deluxe burger,
do you read the menu or ask the server what's on it, or just order it and hope it
has what you like?
Before I even look at it, it should have all the basics offered in its class, in keeping with its competitors. Especially, if it's advertised as the "most advanced" in its class. Period. You want or don't want glider programming? I really could not care less... I still stand by the claim, as shared by many others, that it should have had dedicated glider programing from the start as a BASIC feature in the 8 channel class. That is all...carry on...
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:03 AM
Joined Jan 2006
365 Posts
Quote:
Before I even look at it, it should have all the basics offered in its class, in keeping with its competitors. Especially, if it's advertised as the "most advanced" in its class. Period. You want or don't want glider programming? I really could not care less... I still stand by the claim, as shared by many others, that it should have had dedicated glider programing from the start as a BASIC feature in the 8 channel class. That is all...carry on...
Beyond advertising and marketing hype,
the most basic of research on the buyer's part will reveal the truth.
"Advanced", "most advanced" etc. are all relative and subjective terms.
Earlier radios did not offer 2.4, telemetry, easy programming, SD card
updates, 30 model memory, Model Match, low latency, and so on
all at the same time.
As you noted, the JR 8103 offered sailplane a long time ago, so that
feature really is not an advancement.
Again, the markings on the radio clearly state 2 types.