SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:41 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,674 Posts
Is there a way to have two different switches control one item? I have an air valve with two air outputs. One I want to go to my air retracts and the other to air brakes. I have it plugged in to Aux2 on an AR8000 and using a DX8. I have one output setup and working on gear switch for retracts...when I flip to gear 1 it operates valve on port "B". When I go back to gear 0 gear will come down as they are air up/spring down. When gear switch is on gear 0 the valve isn't activated neither port gets air. So now what I want to do it be able to move the valve to the other port with a different switch, say maybe the knob. This will give me the ability to apply the brakes when the gear is down. The valve works kinda like a servo in that it goes from -100 to +100 with port "B" is activated on the + side and port "A" on the negative side. I've tried a mix but couldnt get it to work. I'm fairly sur eit can be done but for some reason I'm just missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:50 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,618 Posts
How do you need the channel to move?

Gear Sw.Pos.1 -100% gear channel
Gear Sw.Pos 0 0% gear channel
X Sw.Pos# -100%
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Something else to be aware of with the DX8, if it hasn't been mentioned before... Check the PID that's actually in the system settings menu and compare it to the PID on the sticker in the battery compartment. Some radios don't match. The sticker PID on my TX is good to go for no recalls, but the PID in the TX itself isn't.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:58 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
How do you need the channel to move?

Gear Sw.Pos.1 -100% gear channel
Gear Sw.Pos 0 0% gear channel
X Sw.Pos# -100%
When I flip gear switch to pos 1 it goes to the positive side on the monitor screen and opens port "B" on valve. I can hook retracts to that and it will work fine. I would assume that I then need to be able to get the aux2 channel to go to the negative side on the monitor screen using a different switch (could even be the hold switch) to activate port "A" on the valve. So yes, I believe your sample is correct.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:04 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Something else to be aware of with the DX8, if it hasn't been mentioned before... Check the PID that's actually in the system settings menu and compare it to the PID on the sticker in the battery compartment. Some radios don't match. The sticker PID on my TX is good to go for no recalls, but the PID in the TX itself isn't.
They are not related....
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
They are not related....
How so? They are exactly the same except for the second letter.

Maybe Andy, a real Spektrum expert, could chime in on this?
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:11 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,618 Posts
@ DamonH - Try this and let me know if it works or whats happening.

Mix1
GER>GER
Rate:-100%
Rate:0%
Offeset:0%
Trim:Inh
Sw:On

Mix2
GER>GER
Rate:+100%
Sw:Mix1

In order to have the channel in the positive direction for what you described I reversed the Gear channel from a blank model.

The result for me using blank model is the following
With the Gear Sw in Pos.0 the gear channel is centered.
With the Gear Sw in Pos.1 the gear channel is positive 100%
While in this position the Mix Sw does nothing.
When Gear Sw in Pos.0 and gear channel is centered, the Mix Sw when in Pos.1 will move the gear channel to negative -100% for brakes.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:13 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
How so? They are exactly the same except for the second letter.

Maybe Andy, a real Spektrum expert, could chime in on this?
They did couple years ago when the bulletin where issued and ask users to confirm the PID# sticker in the Batt compartment and explain why it appeared on screen to be a PID and also said it was not related.

Yes I am no spektrum expert BUT I have been here long enough to remember these things.

PS: You should know better then this CRVNATION, couple months and back at it I see.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
What are you talking about?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:19 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,674 Posts
Quote:
@ DamonH - Try this and let me know if it works or whats happening.

Mix1
GER>GER
Rate:-100%
Sw:On

Mix2
GER>GER
Rate:+100%
Sw:Mix1

In order to have the channel in the positive direction for what you described I reversed the Gear channel from a blank model.

The result for me using blank model is the following
With the Gear Sw in Pos.0 the gear channel is centered.
With the Gear Sw in Pos.1 the gear channel is positive 100%
While in this position the Mix Sw does nothing.
When Gear Sw in Pos.0 and gear channel is centered, the Mix Sw when in Pos.1 will move the gear channel to negative -100% for brakes.
Will these mixes work with flaps? I have flaps on the gear channel and gear (this valve to control gear on aux 2). Would I just need to try your recommendation but use aux2 to aux2 in the mixes?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:28 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,674 Posts
Freechip, I just tried your setup but using Aux2>Aux2 and it seems to be working perfectly. Thanks for the help!

Oh, and you've been an expert on all my questions and many many others in this forum.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:32 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,618 Posts
I forgot to mention to change Gear from my example to your channel used for the Valve.
Any time.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:35 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,747 Posts
Quote:
They did couple years ago when the bulletin where issued and ask users to confirm the PID# sticker in the Batt compartment and explain why it appeared on screen to be a PID and also said it was not related.

Yes I am no spektrum expert BUT I have been here long enough to remember these things.

PS: You should know better then this CRVNATION, couple months and back at it I see.
Im shocked he was able to stay away from you and andy for a month...gotta love his new name,,Gee i wonder if there is a pun in that ?? lol
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:00 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,493 Posts
Throttle Cut & Timer?

I have a DX8 with Throttle Cut working fine on the Gear 1 switch & Timer set to Start: Throttle. When I activate the Gear 1 switch it kills the throttle but the timer keeps running. Is there a way to have the Timer stop when the throttle is killed with the Throttle Cut switch?

Thank you!
itsme2 is online now Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:06 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,618 Posts
Set Timer to Throttle Out