HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:19 PM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2007
391 Posts
Will folks be posting what they see at the toy fair?
fizzwater2 is offline Find More Posts by fizzwater2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:38 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,697 Posts
Any Spektrum news yet from the toy fair?

EDIT: no spektrum news from the toy fair.
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Last edited by struggleforlife; Jan 31, 2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:01 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
802 Posts
DX8 - channel reassignment

Is there a way to setup my 8 so that I can use twin Flap servos with a wing of 1 Aileron and 2 Flaps but using only a 6 channel RX?

When I setup that wing, the Flap channels are assigned to RX pins 6 and 7. I want them on 6 and 5.

I thought I could just "mix" channel 7 to 5 in the TX, and it may work, but so far I have failed.

I have it working using the mix, with a wing setup of 1 flap servo and then mixing to the other channel, but the Flap trim assigned to the Knob does not work on both flaps.

Is getting this working possible?
Blade Crasher is online now Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:06 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,285 Posts
Disable Gear switch in the Switch Select Menu.

Mix you Flap channel to Gear channel and activate Trim. What ever trim is applied to flap channel will be transfered over to slave channel.

You can propably get it to work using a 2 Flap wing and mixing the Aux7 channel to Gear or just select 1 Flap wing type and mix Aux1(flap) to Gear. Activate Trim in your mix.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:37 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,356 Posts
Can I use 8 of the 9 available channels with this receiver and my DX8?: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17621

Thank you!
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:08 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,285 Posts
You can always use up to your radio's channel count when using higher channel count receivers.

So Yes.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:12 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
802 Posts
ItsMe2: Be careful of the Orange 9 channel RX they sell. Your link doesn't work for me. We have had a lot of problems with these and have read posts from others. These don't appear as robust as the 6 channel versions. We have thrown away ours.
Blade Crasher is online now Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:18 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
1,949 Posts
I often get AR8000 for 59€. Mostly unbundled versions from DX7s and DX8. They have a sat, and are DSM-X capable. So why use a 9ch Orange ? It has no sat and is only DSM2....

Just look around, you find cheap originals. I also got AR12010 for 79€, because there was a sale (new AR12020 was coming, only difference is the XPlus capability). A real bargain for a 12ch with 3 external sats (2 are needed, 1 you can use for FBL or something like that).
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:27 AM
Joined Mar 2009
247 Posts
There may be an answer here, but I'm on vacation and only have an iPhone and it ain't easy to search.

Trying to set up a previously perfectly flying Slo-Stick on a DX7se, and now on a DX8. DR & Expos were copied exactly between the two, but with the DX8 flies the plane TOTALLY different to the point it's barely flyable: ie- extremely twitchy..

Did we miss something? Do I need to visually match these on the plane rather than matching the numbers between the two transmitters? I have 5 other models I haven't flown yet on this transmitter yet. If these two transmitters are that different, perhaps I should visually compare rates and throws rather than trusting the numbers..
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:23 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
any spektrum news yet from the toy fair?

Edit: No spektrum news from the toy fair.
spmsp8800
Kambalunga is online now Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:43 AM
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Jun 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
spmsp8800
Interesting:

http://translate.google.com/translat...-software.html
Aerocowboy is offline Find More Posts by Aerocowboy
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:58 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocowboy View Post
Very. Available soon?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:29 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
spmsp8800
aha! so this IS some news after all!
Strange part is: there hardly any mention of the toy fair over here (rcgroups and this thread).
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
So, is this new DX8 glider software a pay option or will it be a free firmware update via spektrumrc.com?
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:31 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
So, is this new DX8 glider software a pay option or will it be a free firmware update via spektrumrc.com?
Not sure when you joined the DX8 family or when you joined the DX8 threads but this would be VERY interesting because that would mean what I said last year almost 2 yrs ago was true even if my comment was not accepted by many.

This is very interesting to me but having the DX18 it's interesting not for the glider option .