HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:33 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,952 Posts
We neither confirm nor deny any potential future products or features.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:37 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,271 Posts
And, please accept our least sincere, most ambiguous apologies: stronger letter to follow!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:44 PM
Germany, NDS, Uetze
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
We neither confirm nor deny any potential future products or features.

Andy
Thank you very much again.

May be it would be a good idea to leave this one way road again ASAP. I switched from another brand to the Dx10t thinking it will have a functional and useful flight pack sensor last week, but fortunately it is within the trying period from my dealer.

Regards,

Frank
Xantrix is offline Find More Posts by Xantrix
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:16 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me that people buy expensive products without researching if it will fit their needs/expectations.

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:03 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
WOw..guess Im crazy..I did not use a Micrscope to Research the Dx10..but did read a bit about them...LIKED the servo Speed option..so I bought it....And I LOVE it still...does everything I want..and seems it can do MANY things I dont even know about!!

+ 1 for my DX10 radio
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:30 AM
Germany, NDS, Uetze
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig Jam View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that people buy expensive products without researching if it will fit their needs/expectations.

Mike
Normally you are right, but I'v never expected that the spma9590 could be soooo useless.

Frank
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:11 AM
Joined Oct 2008
4 Posts
http://www.rctronix.de/wp/?p=18 may help. A version with additionaly capacity-alarm will come end of this month.

Schorsch
HeliSchorsch is offline Find More Posts by HeliSchorsch
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:21 AM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantrix View Post
Normally you are right, but I'v never expected that the spma9590 could be soooo useless.

Frank
Yes, a lost opportunity for sure.

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:15 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,511 Posts
The current sensor is far from useless if you use it as it was designed.It is a current sensor.The most important limitation for LiPo use IMO is not its capacity but is the voltage level it reaches as its capacity is being consumed.It seems like many expect a no brain solution to a complex issue.It is an unreal expectation to attempt to use the entire rated capacity of a pack if you are drawing its voltage below safe levels during the process.Its not about capacity as much as it is about usable capacity based on a number of variable factors.If the pack simply is not capable of delivering the expected amount of current for its entire rated capacity without dropping below safe voltage levels then reliance on capacity as the main indicator of when to end its use is useless if not dangerous information.It seems that there are many who believe they need to use capacity as a primary indicator and ignore the low voltage when it seems to activate the alarm prematurely.IMO this is a huge mistake in thinking.While I will admit that it(capacity) may be valuable information to have it will never be valuable as primary information.The important primary information to keep a cell/pack within its operating parameters is that you do not exceed minimum voltage levels under load regardless of how many mah you have consumed.Its resting voltage after the load has been removed means very little.Its minimum voltage under load is what is important.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Last edited by aerocal; Jan 11, 2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:18 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emodell View Post
That's not so easy with a voltmeter. I measured the following voltages at a remot output of a receiver:

Left pin (red wire) to center pin (black wire) = 0.0 volts
Left pin (red wire) to the right pin (gray wire) = 3.39 volts
middle pin (black wire) to the right pin (gray wire) = 3.39 volts

1. Which pin is ground?
2. I think, plus and minus cables for each satellite receiver are required and can be connected together. Only the wire for the PPM signal must be extra. Is that correct?
GND (schwarz,black)-
3,3V (orange)+
TX-Spektrum(grau,grey)

2. It's not PPM it's a digital stream.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Last edited by Kambalunga; Jan 11, 2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:26 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,203 Posts
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Last edited by Kambalunga; Jan 11, 2013 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Heli Schorsch
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:56 AM
Germany, NDS, Uetze
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
The current sensor is far from useless if you use it as it was designed.It is a current sensor.The most important limitation for LiPo use IMO is not its capacity but is the voltage level it reaches as its capacity is being consumed.It seems like many expect a no brain solution to a complex issue.It is an unreal expectation to attempt to use the entire rated capacity of a pack if you are drawing its voltage below safe levels during the process.Its not about capacity as much as it is about usable capacity based on a number of variable factors.If the pack simply is not capable of delivering the expected amount of current for its entire rated capacity without dropping below safe voltage levels then reliance on capacity as the main indicator of when to end its use is useless if not dangerous information.It seems that there are many who believe they need to use capacity as a primary indicator and ignore the low voltage when it seems to activate the alarm prematurely.IMO this is a huge mistake in thinking.While I will admit that it(capacity) may be valuable information to have it will never be valuable as primary information.The important primary information to keep a cell/pack within its operating parameters is that you do not exceed minimum voltage levels under load regardless of how many mah you have consumed.Its resting voltage after the load has been removed means very little.Its minimum voltage under load is what is important.
Fully agree, but per cell and NOT total. Which sensor I should use for that in your opinion? And unless that is available the capacity would be the better indicator if you use it in the right way.

Sorry, the DX10t is a very cool and good receiver, but there are a lot of gaps in the sensor portfolio yet.

Frank
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:48 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
666 Posts
Quote:
Fully agree, but per cell and NOT total. Which sensor I should use for that in your opinion? And unless that is available the capacity would be the better indicator if you use it in the right way.

Sorry, the DX10t is a very cool and good receiver, but there are a lot of gaps in the sensor portfolio yet.

Frank
Me too I fully agree with Aerocal.
Your question is very interesting, but has a great number of variables, like the number of cells you want to control. The sum of the serial connection of the cells gives the total voltage and I don't know if it is possible to make under control every sinlge cell: the TM1000 has a "voltmeter" for the main pack and a "voltmeter" for the ESC/Rx pack ...
The number of cells that each model (airplane, helicopter, glider, multirotore ...) can use is unpredictable (from 1 to X cells ...). So, as is it possible to realize a sensor that can cope with this variable?
Assuming that it is feasible, what is the added value of knowing that you have a cell in bad conditions or which cell of your pack is less powerful?
IMO, the main important useful information is that your LiPo/LiFe pack can let fly your model for a predictable time and that, in any case, you have the possibility to land if the total voltage falls below the value set by you.
You can analyze in advance your battey packs with specific tools, possibly on bench.

Only my 2 cents
Egidio
egicar is offline Find More Posts by egicar
Last edited by egicar; Jan 11, 2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:28 AM
Germany, NDS, Uetze
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
In short: I would like to know the voltage of the worse cell with max current during flight. That's the only voltage I need. Then the capacity would be only for comfort reasons.

Frank
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:40 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
Quote:
In short: I would like to know the voltage of the worse cell with max current during flight. That's the only voltage I need. Then the capacity would be only for comfort reasons.

Frank
The capacity is critical for guys that fly multirotors. When the battery gets low we can't float home on servo power, it turns into a 12 pound brick. Max current is worthless to us in the air for a normal flight. Flying FPV, the capacity used in the battery can be critical to know when it is time to turn around so you have enough juice to get back home.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways