Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:24 PM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post

You can only attach one remote per remote port on the Rx.They cannot be y-connected to have 2 remotes using the same port on the Rx.One remote on one lead into a single port on the Rx is how it is designed to work.
He can connect 2 sats over a 4 pin connector. 2 pins signal the other 2 pins+-. Would I do it? I think no. Both signal wire can cross-talk.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Last edited by Kambalunga; Jan 01, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:20 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
keris
Does this model have a spark ignition engine? Exactly what kind of problem is your interference causing?
We kind of need more details on the equipment combination/setup and what the specific unwanted behavior is.

Its kind of hard to tell from your picture but are you trying to run ignition leads directly into the gov? Or are you using a sensor of some kind to give the gov its rpm info? Im having a real hard time trying to picture in my head exactly what your trying to do.Need more details.
Hi all i'm very sorry because my english not goot that why it hard for me to explain but i will try ok let start from beggining i'm trying to use Align 3GX gyro with built in gov so i can use remote receiver only bind remote receiver to DX8 success no problem all work in order only built in gov dont work right when engine running.i discus with my friend he help me to check using oscope meter he said gov signal got interference.I will try to make vidoe so you all can see it clearly.Aerocal this is Trex600 Nitro with align engine 55H

thank all for helping me
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Last edited by keris; Jan 01, 2013 at 01:23 AM. Reason: engine type
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:18 AM
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
I will not connected 2 remotes on one port! One remote on one lead into a single Port on the Rx is ok. I will only connected the cables (plus and minus) together from the 2 remotes in a wing from my glider to a 4 pin connector (plus, minus, signal remote 1, signal remote 2). So I can connected 2 remotes with a 4 pin connector. Which colors from the remote cable are plus and minus and signal?

Quote:
Are you saying that the channels are acting differently from simply swapping the Rx? Im not aware of an AR9010.Do you mean AR9020?

I have the AR9010 with DSMX:

You can only attach one remote per remote port on the Rx.They cannot be y-connected to have 2 remotes using the same port on the Rx.One remote on one lead into a single port on the Rx is how it is designed to work.
emodell is offline Find More Posts by emodell
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:32 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,458 Posts
You can share a common ground for your remote connection, but the other two BOTH need to be separate. If you have a 4-contact connector, you can only put on the remote. You need at least 5 pins to have a servo and a remote on the same connector.

I don't think you can go by color. IIRC, there are two different ways the cables are made. You have to figure it out with your voltmeter.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:58 AM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Aug 2008
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
Hi all i'm very sorry because my english not goot that why it hard for me to explain but i will try ok let start from beggining i'm trying to use Align 3GX gyro with built in gov so i can use remote receiver only bind remote receiver to DX8 success no problem all work in order only built in gov dont work right when engine running.i discus with my friend he help me to check using oscope meter he said gov signal got interference.I will try to make vidoe so you all can see it clearly.Aerocal this is Trex600 Nitro with align engine 55H

thank all for helping me
Ok, I understand what the problem is now.. Personally, I think your friends is wrong about interference on the Gov signal causing the problems. Also, while it is
difficult to tell from your second photo it appears that someone added a large capacitor to the sensor lead for the governor to try to get rid of the perceived interference. I would completely get rid of any modifications that you made to the governor sensor and restore it to factory default condition.. I personally haven't used the governor in a 3GX but have used a number of other governors so I'll try to provide some general suggestions... I assume there is a magnetic pick up that comes with the governor. I'm also assuming that it mounts to the back plate of the engine and detects the counter balance on the engines crankshaft.. There should be some sort of test mode, where you can rotate the engine by hand and each time the counter balance passes the sensor, you should be able to see a light flash (or some indication) to indicate the sensor is working. If the sensor is too far from the back plate of the engine, it may not detect properly. If the sensor is too close, it may detect 2 pulses for each rotation of the engine.. Either of these conditions can cause the governor to not work correctly. These are pretty simple devices and if they don't work, most likely something is simply broken or not configured correctly.

Also, when you say the governor doesn't work, do you mean it does nothing?
Does it allow the head to over speed? Does it not reach the desired head speed? The reason I ask is because some of these so called governors, are really "rev limiters", not governors at all... I'm not sure in the case of the 3GX, but if it is a "rev limiter" instead of a true governor, you need to make sure your throttle curve will reach the maximum head speed desired, then the rev limiter will keep it from exceeding that value. Hope some of this helps..
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
You can share a common ground for your remote connection, but the other two BOTH need to be separate. If you have a 4-contact connector, you can only put on the remote. You need at least 5 pins to have a servo and a remote on the same connector.

I don't think you can go by color. IIRC, there are two different ways the cables are made. You have to figure it out with your voltmeter.

Andy
That's not so easy with a voltmeter. I measured the following voltages at a remot output of a receiver:

Left pin (red wire) to center pin (black wire) = 0.0 volts
Left pin (red wire) to the right pin (gray wire) = 3.39 volts
middle pin (black wire) to the right pin (gray wire) = 3.39 volts

1. Which pin is ground?
2. I think, plus and minus cables for each satellite receiver are required and can be connected together. Only the wire for the PPM signal must be extra. Is that correct?
emodell is offline Find More Posts by emodell
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:44 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,458 Posts
You know which is common, that's all you need to know. The other two have to BOTH go out to the remotes on separate wires, but the ground can be common to the servos.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:48 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,290 Posts
Seems like a lot of work to just save a wire, what are you trying to do or more why are you trying to wire multiple units together?
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:12 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,939 Posts
I am setting up a 70mm Sapac Viper Jet with my DX8 and I'll be using HS-65MG for the flaps. Will one of them need to be a reversed direction servo?
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:16 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
I am setting up a 70mm Sapac Viper Jet with my DX8 and I'll be using HS-65MG for the flaps. Will one of them need to be a reversed direction servo?
All depends on the receiver used for the proper amount of channels and the wing type selected.

If you have enough channels and select a 2 Flap wing type then you can and will be able to reverse one of the flap servo to correct improper installation.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:27 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
All depends on the receiver used for the proper amount of channels and the wing type selected.

If you have enough channels and select a 2 Flap wing type then you can and will be able to reverse one of the flap servo to correct improper installation.
Thanks freechip, thats what I thought and how I have it set up. I was just hoping there was a way to save a channel. I have them y'd together on my Habu 32 using HS-5085MG but I couldn't remember if they worked that way or if I used my programmer to reverse one.
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:46 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,261 Posts
Hi!
I fly F5B hotliners with my DX8 and have two questons:

1) How can I program/assign the throttle to the trainer switch (preferably using an AR7000/7010 or AR8000 rx)?

2) Is there a way to program motor ramp? (e.g. Immediately spool up to 50% throttle and feeding the rest of the throttle input over an interval of 0.5-1.0sec). Used in combination with throttle on a button, of course.

Thanks
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:06 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Hi!
I fly F5B hotliners with my DX8 and have two questons:

1) How can I program/assign the throttle to the trainer switch (preferably using an AR7000/7010 or AR8000 rx)?

2) Is there a way to program motor ramp? (e.g. Immediately spool up to 50% throttle and feeding the rest of the throttle input over an interval of 0.5-1.0sec). Used in combination with throttle on a button, of course.

Thanks
Do you want only the button to control the throttle? Use a thr>thr mix to disable the stick from the channel if you want button only.Assign the Trainer switch to an Aux channel your not using.Mix that Aux channel back to Thr. Use the Speed setting in Servo Setup to slow the ramp speed.The ramping speed is only available for the entire channel range so you wont get an immediate jump to half throttle and then a timed rampup for the top half of travel.At 0.5-1.0 sec is it really going to make that much difference?
Ask again if you need more specific details.Other than that just think through the above method and you will get to it.You will probably learn a bit more than just telling you to put a value in this box or a certain line of a mix.Can do that too if you cant figure it out.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:44 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,261 Posts
Quote:
Do you want only the button to control the throttle? Use a thr>thr mix to disable the stick from the channel if you want button only.Assign the Trainer switch to an Aux channel your not using.Mix that Aux channel back to Thr. Use the Speed setting in Servo Setup to slow the ramp speed.The ramping speed is only available for the entire channel range so you wont get an immediate jump to half throttle and then a timed rampup for the top half of travel.At 0.5-1.0 sec is it really going to make that much difference?
Ask again if you need more specific details.Other than that just think through the above method and you will get to it.You will probably learn a bit more than just telling you to put a value in this box or a certain line of a mix.Can do that too if you cant figure it out.
That is right. I want to have the throttle on the trainer button operated as an on/off switch, but still have a delayed spool-up. What I want to achieve and the reason why is best described in this blog: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1664669

So if I disable the stick (thr->thr mix), assign the trainer button to a free channel and enable servo delay on it and mix it back to throttle channel, I would achieve the same as if I just put the esc wire in the free channel on the rx, right? But: if throttle curve settings are active with the throttle as slave channel I might be getting close to what I'm after. I'm thinking a second of delay along something like a 0-50-75-90-100 throttle curve.
Will the throttle curve settings be active in this scenario?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:15 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,358 Posts
At lunch today I ran into a fella that I sold my old DX7 to and he said he was having no luck getting Flaps to work.

I went through the drill, Go into Wing type make sure you have the correct flap setting,
then Go into Switch assignment make sure you have it set to Flap switch. Finally, set the % for each switch position, I suggested 0%, 25%, 45%. He said he had done all this, but the flap servo still did not move.

Have I overlooked something?
He said he is using a Spektrum receiver but didn't indicate which one.

Thanks

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly