SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:07 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,102 Posts
With trim & sub-trims centered, the next time it does that check to see if the values on the radio have changed.

Not sure when you got your radio but you should check the servo monitor screen and move the gimbals while looking at the monitor to ensure the channels move smoothly.

The have replace the gimbals on the DX8, maybe yours also need to be replaced.

Have it serviced and make sure they know why you are sending it in
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:48 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,044 Posts
A problem in the gimbal would affect aileron servos in opposite directions, not in the same one.

This morning I accidentally bricked my DX8 at work so I didn't get a chance to look at it in more detail. I'll try it tomorrow on my personal radio.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:16 PM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,045 Posts
Andy I sure appreciate it. And please remember that it was set on wing type flaperon when it had the issue. I set it to wing type Dual Aileron after posting here. Mike
Mr Big Head is online now Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,606 Posts
Recommend you send it back to HH for service. Apparently their CS is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
This morning I accidentally bricked my DX8 at work so I didn't get a chance to look at it in more detail. I'll try it tomorrow on my personal radio.

Andy
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:07 AM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,045 Posts
Now that's some funny right there!
I am not wanting to send mine in as the reason I bought it in the first place is that Horizon had my 7 for 6 weeks when I sent it in during the 7s roll out. And in the end it came back with a clean bill of health. I missed some great flying weather and crashed my beloved T-28 when my dad talked me into flying it on his radio.Bound it up and did not notice anything amiss. Hand launched it after binding it and crashed it seconds later with the ailerons and rudder channels both reversed. Rookie move that now has me checking controls 3 to 4 times before takeoffs.
Mr Big Head is online now Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:52 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Recommend you send it back to HH for service. Apparently their CS is pretty good.
I've heard that once or twice, and I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true!

If it had come back from a user, they would bring this one over to me to fix! They don't have a JTAG programmer!

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:59 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,274 Posts
Ole Donkey is leaving for the holidays: Merry Christmas to HH and to you, Andy, for excellent customer service!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:27 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
Merry Christmas to all of you and happy new years
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:53 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Big Head View Post
Andy I haven't figured anything out. The ailerons went down on there own.
OK, I spent some time and read the SPM file, and when I tried to load it into my DX8 I found one of the guys stole my SD card PCB out of it! Something to fix on Monday. And I was at the office today, I could have gotten one if I only knew it was missing

Anyway, I don't see any reason for the behavior you described in the SPM file. The ailerons are not centered, but there shouldn't be a reason for any problems. It looks like a very "stock" setup from what I see in it. You have a lot of stuff going on in the Telemetry section - are you really using a PowerBox?

Now that you have a file with the settings in it, if you have a problem like this in the future you have a great way to detect what changed. You can simply compare the files line-by-line and see what's different.

Any particular reason why you haven't updates to the latest version of AirWare yet?

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:08 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,424 Posts
Are the DX8 stick heights adjustable?
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:14 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,044 Posts
Yes. It's covered in the manual. Plus you can find alternate tips pretty easily. The DX8 uses the same thread as Futaba radios, the DX18 uses the same threads as JR radios.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:47 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,424 Posts
Trying to setup my first model with my DX8.

I have everything hooked up and the receiver is bound but my aileron and elevator controls on the right stick are reversed i.e. when I pull the stick back it moves the ailerons (y harness), when I move the stick right or left it moves the elevator. The servo cables are connected to the right receiver channels. Rudder and throttle work correctly. What have I done wrong.

Thank you.
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:53 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
Trying to setup my first model with my DX8.

I have everything hooked up and the receiver is bound but my aileron and elevator controls on the right stick are reversed i.e. when I pull the stick back it moves the ailerons (y harness), when I move the stick right or left it moves the elevator. The servo cables are connected to the right receiver channels. Rudder and throttle work correctly. What have I done wrong.

Thank you.
On the DX8, Ailerons are Ch2 and Elevators are Ch3 (assuming you are using one servo per channel or a Y Harness). You can go to the Monitor Screen and observe which channels are moving when you move the sticks.

Your Wing Type should be Normal.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
AMA 42272, from the 1970's
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Oct 2007
570 Posts
What receiver are you using?
DXStickman is offline Find More Posts by DXStickman
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:09 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,044 Posts
Look at the Monitor screen. It tells you the sequence for plugging the servos into the receiver.

Andy
Site Sponsor