Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:17 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
Anybody try these? The grooves might be a little deeper and easier to roll. The rubberized wheel on the DX18 is a big improvement.
It certainly is kind of "WOW" to sell these in a three pack. Ya never know when you need a change of color.
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined May 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
When you have two Flap servos on a Y Harness, and Dual Ailerons, the Wing Type should be Dual Ailerons one Flap, because you are only using one channel for the Flaps and two channels for the Ailerons.
As you mentioned that is the way I tried to set up my radio originally and doing so made sense. However, when I set the radio up in this way the flap switch works in the three positions but does not recognize any % of movement. It moves from up to mid to full positions without recognizing any % set. If I set the switch to Aux2 I get the exact same response. In fact, I set the % to 0 and it had no effect. The switch continues to work. I must need to turn a switch off or on or something else. Any ideas?
reno4sure is offline Find More Posts by reno4sure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fms 1700 f4u
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:01 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,083 Posts
I don't have the radio with me at the moment of this post but if you have the radio's 2 Aileron 1 Flap Wing Type selected, your flap servo (Y servos) need to be in the GEAR channel.

Then you exit the System Setup and go to the Flap menu and enable the Flap system to use the Flap switch. Properly connect your servos based on the arrangement in the Servo Monitor screen.

The Only time the Airware radios put Flap on AUX2 is in a Dual Flap Setup if not mistaken. Flap are assigned to the Gear Port of the RX.

100% sure your issue is user related. No offense intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno4sure View Post
As you mentioned that is the way I tried to set up my radio originally and doing so made sense. However, when I set the radio up in this way the flap switch works in the three positions but does not recognize any % of movement. ...
Had you move the Flap Y lead to the GEAR channel based on the servo monitor screen?.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:46 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,357 Posts
A Rdneck, What are you talking about "3 pack" did you forget to post the link?

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:55 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,083 Posts
The link is in the quote or the original post. But here it is..
http://www.wowhobbies.com/wwa-ac017-...r3pcspack.aspx
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:56 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
I don't have the radio with me at the moment of this post but if you have the radio's 2 Aileron 1 Flap Wing Type selected, your flap servo (Y servos) need to be in the GEAR channel.

Then you exit the System Setup and go to the Flap menu and enable the Flap system to use the Flap switch. Properly connect your servos based on the arrangement in the Servo Monitor screen.

The Only time the Airware radios put Flap on AUX2 is in a Dual Flap Setup if not mistaken. Flap are assigned to the Gear Port of the RX.

100% sure your issue is user related. No offense intended.

Had you move the Flap Y lead to the GEAR channel based on the servo monitor screen?.
+1...thats exactly how I had to do it..
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:07 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,357 Posts
Thanks for posting the link for those rollers... However, they look like whats currently there, just different colors... and I'm not sure I want to pop the back off and go futzing around the inside of my perfectly good DX8

Unless I'm missing something

KKKKFL
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:44 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reno4sure View Post
Inorder for it to work correctly ( or as I intended ) I had to set the wing type to, 2 ailerons and 2 flaps. Then select the flap switch in the flap system screen. My system is set up as follows:

wing type: dual aileron two flaps
tail: normal

My ar8000 setup is:
Throttle to throttle; Aile to right aileron; gear to gear; elev to elevator; rud to rudder; Aux1 to left aileron; Aux2 to flaps (with "Y" harness). However in the servo setup screen I now have a right flap and a left flap menu. As I am using a "Y" harness for the flaps all my adjustment is through the right flap screen.

Is this OK or is there a better way?
Thanks
Randy

Randy,

Change your wing type to 2 Ailerons 1 Flap. You are only using 1 flap channel because of the Y connector.

You will need to move your gear to a different servo position (AUX3?) and put the flaps into GER, like the radio tells you (Monitor screen). You will also need to go to Switch Select and move the gear switch to the appropriate channel.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined May 2011
414 Posts
Thanks to each and everyone for their help in getting my radio and receiver set up correctly! I will make the changes tonight.

Randy
reno4sure is offline Find More Posts by reno4sure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fms 1700 f4u
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:07 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,377 Posts
Know of anyway to get the gimbals lower on the sticks ? From what i can tell i have them adjusted to lowest possible level.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:22 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,282 Posts
The height of the sticks on the DX8 is adjustable. You will need an allen wrench, loosen the screw, turn the stick ends to the height you want, and then tighten the screw.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:58 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,377 Posts
Excellent LoneWolfRC .. Thanks for the info.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:21 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,341 Posts
The 150A current sensor is on sale here in Europe. SPMA9590. No manual on the Spektrum site available
A guy at rc-heli got one. http://www.rc-heli.de/board/showpost...&postcount=212
But I will not buy one, my capacity sensors can both cap and current....
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:31 AM
NORTHLAND NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand, Northland, Totara North
Joined Feb 2012
526 Posts
i have a dx8 and i dont understand why they designed were the anntena exits the case to be so large. also the screen could be so much bigger.
im getting a 9xr when it comes out, and make a version of the software (open source). The power switch on my dx5e is farked up and has caused me to crash. i heard others have had the same prob, please fix this spektrum! i plan to replace the switch with two toggle switches, one for mobo, and other for module.
D design is offline Find More Posts by D design
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:48 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,357 Posts
I think you will find that a vast number of DX8 owners are extremely pleased with the Transmitter ergonomics. My only wish would be for a slider switch(aux3) along the top left side. I also believe that the LiPo battery should be delivered as standard instead of optional, since it makes such an improvement. That's it... now that's a pretty small list. I think they have an EXCEPTIONAL product.

KKKKFL