HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:41 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swashplates View Post
My cold weather problem part 2:
I did some investigation and it seem that every requiremet for a faultless operation is given.
But what i have found is, that my telemetry works even when the rx shows no reaction. On the telemetry screen for antenna fades, following is immediately displayed after powering on the heli.
Attachment 5354321(null)
And you are using a "real" receiver, not a FBL unit with satellites ? Spooky....
There seems to be a real RF problem...
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:13 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,359 Posts
Just break down and get the LiPo... You get the automatic cut-off, and also the extra capacity lets you leave the back-lit screen on all the time, there's no anxiety about the voltage. I can understand the market decision not to have LiPo as standard, but wish they had found somewhere else to skimp.

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
Just break down and get the LiPo... You get the automatic cut-off, and also the extra capacity lets you leave the back-lit screen on all the time, there's no anxiety about the voltage. I can understand the market decision not to have LiPo as standard, but wish they had found somewhere else to skimp.

KKKKFL
I have the Lipo on my HK notification list, it's back ordered now aaarrrgghh.
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:19 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
3GX with DSMX sat

Hi im setup new heli so i bind dsmx sat with 3GX but on main screen it show dsm2 is that normal

thank
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:24 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,846 Posts
During binding what did it say? If it said DSMX but on the main screen it says DSM2 that means in the frame rate you are forcing DSM2 protocol.

Go in the frame rate section and change it to DSMX, REBIND and see what happens.

If during binding all it said was DSM2 that means the system you are using is DSM2
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:36 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
Thank FC i will try to rebind again and check the frame rate
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:00 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,513 Posts
Most of the third-party FBL and nav systems only know how to use DSM2. They will tell the DSMX remote to use DSM2 instead of DSMX.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:28 PM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
Ok check frame rate mode: DSMX start bind it show binding DSM2 1024/22ms i try bind 2-3 time it same what to do now to get hook DSMX
Last edited by keris; Dec 08, 2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spell
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:34 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,846 Posts
If during the BIND process DSM2 appears that means the system you are using is ONLY capable of DSM2.

If it was DSMX capable it would should DSMX during the BIND process.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:58 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
Hi im setup new heli so i bind dsmx sat with 3GX but on main screen it show dsm2 is that normal

thank
Yes.At least for now the 3GX only has DSM2 base code in it and it will only bind and operate in DSM2 mode.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:15 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
Ok check frame rate mode: DSMX start bind it show binding DSM2 1024/22ms i try bind 2-3 time it same what to do now to get hook DSMX
You probably need to contact Align and request that they cut a deal with the owners of the code(Spektrum/HH) and cut a deal to license its use.Its probably a bit more complicated than that.Being that it is so difficult these days to protect IP rights.I think we all know there are a few companies in an unnamed country that have no issue with stealing someone elses work and putting it into a product of their own with no compensation to the owner/developer.The legal systems are so jacked up they are of little help after the fact.
Thats just my opinion.While it is possible I guess I wouldnt hold my breath that DSMX will be adopted by many 3rd party equip manufacturers overnight.
If it was me I wouldnt be in any kind of hurry to leave my hard work laying on the sidewalk so someone could come along and steal it.
Consumers seem hellbent to get cheap/free stuff and they dont care who gets screwed along the way.They are perfectly willing to buy clone/counterfeit products with no regard to how it is produced.There seem to be more and more ppl willing to buy a 500$ stereo out of the back of a van in the alley for 20 bucks and then to justify themselves by claiming they didnt know it was stolen.Thats a whole other story.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:08 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Most of the third-party FBL and nav systems only know how to use DSM2. They will tell the DSMX remote to use DSM2 instead of DSMX.

Andy
Understand what you mean thank

Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
If during the BIND process DSM2 appears that means the system you are using is ONLY capable of DSM2.

If it was DSMX capable it would should DSMX during the BIND process.
thank
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:09 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Yes.At least for now the 3GX only has DSM2 base code in it and it will only bind and operate in DSM2 mode.
thank
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Mar 2009
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
I have the Lipo on my HK notification list, it's back ordered now aaarrrgghh.
Mine arrived yesterday
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:00 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,359 Posts
Do ya love it or what? I think I have had to put my HK LiPo on charge twice, now both times at the end of the month when I noticed the voltage down to 7.8 volts. I really like the fact that the DX8 light goes out once the LiPo is fully charged... Talk about security blanket.

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly