SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:37 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,426 Posts
When I fly the DX10t (not very often), the biggest thing for me to remember is to flip out the antenna. I've gotten so used to not pulling an antenna out (like we all had to do for 72) that it's very easy to forget.

The first Preflight Checklist default item for a DX10t is to pull out the antenna.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
hey guys whats the problem with using the telemetry module with opto isolated esc's? my guess is it is no longer isolated.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:33 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,426 Posts
Correct. If you do a little googling you can find the explanations about exactly why.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:02 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Correct. If you do a little googling you can find the explanations about exactly why.

Andy
Didn't find on a search. I am using a CC160 HV and an AR12120 with the TM1000. Does the flight pack sensor create a problem?

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:00 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidman View Post
This is what I would do, and actual do with all of my radio setups:
Use a TM1000 and monitor the signal quality: first with the normal range test procedure and then in ordinary flight. If you see too many fades put it down.

Paul
Ok I have picked up a TM1000 and will put that to use. If I have any issues I'll come back and post my results.

Andy - Certainly feels weird pulling the antenna out each and every time, I certainly have forgotten to do so and will add that to the check list for sure.

Thanks
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
hey guys whats the problem with using the telemetry module with opto isolated esc's? my guess is it is no longer isolated.
Quote:

Andy
is there a way around the "issue"?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:33 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,426 Posts
Why do you need it isolated? If your answer is "RF noise issues" that were a valid reason on 72MHz, then with all likelihood there is no issue.

The big thing to watch is to make sure you don't exceed the 12S input and to make sure you don't have any other places where they are connected (such as using the BL RPM sensor) at different potentials.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Why do you need it isolated? If your answer is "RF noise issues" that were a valid reason on 72MHz, then with all likelihood there is no issue.

The big thing to watch is to make sure you don't exceed the 12S input and to make sure you don't have any other places where they are connected (such as using the BL RPM sensor) at different potentials.

Andy
gotcha, i wasnt worried about rf noise, didnt know if there were any other issues.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:29 PM
Schweiz, BE, Uttigen
Joined Mar 2011
83 Posts
innoflyer

Thanks Guys
I have a swiss produkt called innoflyer...
http://2010.innoflyer.ch/A2-Serie-Be...g-Air:::2.html

It is in German but you can use Google translate. it's a very solid and scalable product

Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
What light kit do you have?
Like I mentioned to you NOT every light kit is On/Off receiver switchable.....

The light kit I got on my SC has nav lights and tail beacon/strobes come On when power is applied to the plane BUT the Taxi lights and Landings light are recevier Switchable On/Off. The light kit receiver wire connector as 3 wires, Blk/Red for power along with White for signal for On/Off
Some less expensive kits only have Blk/Red and this is an easy sign it's NOT switchable.
All the kit requires is to see the switching channel go from -100% to +100%

Post a link to your light kit.
swashplates is online now Find More Posts by swashplates
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:58 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jan 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Ok I have picked up a TM1000 and will put that to use. If I have any issues I'll come back and post my results.
Thanks

Since you are flying very expensive aircraft I think that you will grow to appreciate the telemetry.
Skidman is offline Find More Posts by Skidman
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:05 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidman View Post
Since you are flying very expensive aircraft I think that you will grow to appreciate the telemetry.
Ive had multiple Aurora 9s to take advantage of the Telemetry and a Futaba 8FG with the Quanum telemetry system attached. I needed at least 12-14 channels or more so the DX10 seemed like the right solution since it had telemetry. I'm a little worries though if range is going to be an issue!
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:01 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,270 Posts
I dont fly what you guys would consider "expensive planes" my Queen is a durafly 1100mm A-1 skyraider.....with that said, Is there any telemetry stuff ( As My Dx8 came with the module) That a Mear mortal like me would really have any use of?
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:14 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Yes, like how fast you are going, how high you are flying, knowing when your battery is depleted... All depends on you.

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,701 Posts
Hobbies aren't about "use of", they're about want.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:16 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
I dont fly what you guys would consider "expensive planes" my Queen is a durafly 1100mm A-1 skyraider.....with that said, Is there any telemetry stuff ( As My Dx8 came with the module) That a Mear mortal like me would really have any use of?
Once you connect the TM1000 to the receiver you will instantly have rx voltage. Depending on the receiver used you may have Flight Log info. Then you can monitor the main flight pack voltage with the voltage sensor and on in-runner motors you can monitor there temps or install the temp sensor like I did on the ESC.

Once you start using the main flight pack voltage you will really start to understand why telemetry is becoming more and more popular with many looking for it as a must have for there new radio purchase.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip