HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,271 Posts
Thanks...It is working now....due to the setup pix for 2 servos..etc...I forgot all about the Y cable making it only 1 sevrvo set up cfg.

Anyway THANK YOU.
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:52 PM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
Now my dx8 working with AR7200BX just the matter of time i can test how dmsx system feel after so long play with DSM2.....
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:54 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
Glad you got it working, was it in fact just a matter of familiarizing yourself with the manual and getting it setup right?
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:57 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
Yes you a right FC i mislook at the addendum after i read it how to set up esc with AR7200BX everything just find......thank man
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:06 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
Cool, thanks for letting me know.

It helps me provide better information in the future.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:03 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emodell View Post
Hello,
the problem with the range performance is still not resolved.
I have the version 1.04C immediately loaded onto the DX10t and made today with 2 gliders (AR9000 +2 sat. And AR6225) 4 test flights. I have 800 to 900 Frame Losses and 2 to 5 holds in every flight. It is the same result as with the version 1.04 in the last week. Tomorrow I will send the transmitter back to HH Germany for the third time. I'm desperate.
This is alarming to me. I recently picked up a DX10t and planned to put it in use this week. I didn't research it much because I had no reason to but frame losses and a short signal range is making me wonder if I should use it. I've got 9K worth of multirotor and camera in the air at a given time, is it worth the risk? There is always the return to home when failsafe is active but I'd rather not rely on it 100% of the time. Am I unsafe to fly this thing even half a mile?
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:48 PM
Schweiz, BE, Uttigen
Joined Mar 2011
83 Posts
question to the mixing specialsts here

Hi friends.

On my scale heli i do have a lights that can be controlled over a free channel.
>25% output only strobe
>50% strobe and nav lights
>75% strobe, nav lights and landing light.

Until now i controlled this with the aux2 switch on the tx

My challenge is to do this with the Flight Mode Switch is there a genius that tried this already? Is it possible with the DX8, is ist possible with the DX18?
swashplates is offline Find More Posts by swashplates
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:04 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
It's possible with both radios yes.

Since you're in the DX8 thread - Access the Switch Select Menu and INH the Gov Switch:Aux2 to Gov:Inh - Then change the F.Mode:Inh to F.Mode:Aux2 - Access the Model Function List and the Servo Travel Menu. Then adjust both end points so the switching results in 25% 50% and 75%
Being that the Aux2 travel is -100% 0%(center) +100% you may need to figure out which values to use.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:05 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,367 Posts
For the DX8 you assign the Flight Mode switch to AUX2.

For the DX18 you assign Switch B to Channel Input for AUX2.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,271 Posts
I went to all the trouble..along with dragging Freechip into it..and got my lights working on the Mix switch.....and now I may not even use it...as the switch ...while it works ON/OFF just like I wanted..is quite dim in the on position....with my dongle plugged in to a non switched Rx slot..it is Fully bright..but not switched for on/off.

With the Rx coupled with the Mix switch...it goes on/off but dimm...so again I at a loss as to why. ( with the technology we have today...this should hav been a VERY sipme thing to do)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:18 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
What light kit do you have?
Like I mentioned to you NOT every light kit is On/Off receiver switchable.....

The light kit I got on my SC has nav lights and tail beacon/strobes come On when power is applied to the plane BUT the Taxi lights and Landings light are recevier Switchable On/Off. The light kit receiver wire connector as 3 wires, Blk/Red for power along with White for signal for On/Off
Some less expensive kits only have Blk/Red and this is an easy sign it's NOT switchable.
All the kit requires is to see the switching channel go from -100% to +100%

Post a link to your light kit.
Last edited by freechip; Oct 29, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,271 Posts
my switch dongle & light set

This is my light set up....I do have a inline switch..

Also, Like I said They work off the switch on the TX...just not 100% bright
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:09 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
My guess from where I am sitting is your On/Off switch is doing something.

It's certainly not radio related.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Nov 2008
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
I went to all the trouble..along with dragging Freechip into it..and got my lights working on the Mix switch.....and now I may not even use it...as the switch ...while it works ON/OFF just like I wanted..is quite dim in the on position....with my dongle plugged in to a non switched Rx slot..it is Fully bright..but not switched for on/off.

With the Rx coupled with the Mix switch...it goes on/off but dimm...so again I at a loss as to why. ( with the technology we have today...this should hav been a VERY sipme thing to do)
Are they LEDs? Some switches aren't very led friendly... Some expect a load/restiance to work properly...

I can't see it being the radio....

AP
powella is offline Find More Posts by powella
Last edited by powella; Oct 30, 2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: iPad autocomplete
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jan 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
This is alarming to me. I recently picked up a DX10t and planned to put it in use this week. I didn't research it much because I had no reason to but frame losses and a short signal range is making me wonder if I should use it. I've got 9K worth of multirotor and camera in the air at a given time, is it worth the risk? There is always the return to home when failsafe is active but I'd rather not rely on it 100% of the time. Am I unsafe to fly this thing even half a mile?
This is what I would do, and actual do with all of my radio setups:
Use a TM1000 and monitor the signal quality: first with the normal range test procedure and then in ordinary flight. If you see too many fades put it down.

Paul
Skidman is offline Find More Posts by Skidman