HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
As has been stated before, the AR8000 was introduced before DSMX was announced, so some AR8000 were labeled DSM2 as well as some DX8's. All AR8000's are capable of both, but do not use DSM2 Satellite Rx's with the AR8000.
Unless it's a satellite which came with the original AR8000's because those are also labeled "DSM2", you have to look on the back at the part number to know for sure....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:37 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Would you have to send an older DSM2 marked AR8000 in for the DSMX firmware update? The earlier DSM2 DX8s had to be manually updated via firmware, but the user could do that at home themselves via download/SD card. They had the DSMX hardware, but you needed to "awaken" DSMX with the new firmware.
The early AR8000 do not need any Firmware Updates. They have always been both DSM2 and DSMX capable.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,664 Posts
All AR8000 are DSMX/dsm2.
Early AR8000 cases do not show the DSMX logo. (X)
No need for older model to be updated.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,882 Posts
Thanks guys!
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:40 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
hey guys, someone told me that the ar8000 will not work without a satellite, is that true? I know the ar6210 can. doesn't make sense
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:27 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,664 Posts
Some rx require sat to be connected. It will continue to operate if the sat should fail in flight but will not connect if sat is not connected.

What doesn't make sense is why use a receiver system without all of its components.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:51 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
615 Posts
figured out my flaperon issue....ailerons are on a y-harness. the connector in aux1 is the bec. this plane hasn't flown for a while and I had forgotten the setup. figured out how to hand launch her over the weekend so she'll get some attention now.
allelectrik is offline Find More Posts by allelectrik
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Some rx require sat to be connected. It will continue to operate if the sat should fail in flight but will not connect if sat is not connected.

What doesn't make sense is why use a receiver system without all of its components.
I guess because if someone had a ar6210 laying around, the instructions say if you ditch the satellite it can be used as a park receiver. My concern with the ar8000 is if the satellite shall fail or become disconnected, will the main receiver work without it, I'm told it won't.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:11 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,664 Posts
During flight if sat should fail the main unit will still continue to function. You would know something is up when you would try to reuse the unit, it would no longer connect. Why many times a replacement of sat cable fixes issues with receivers not connecting.

You can easily test this yourself. Mock up a system with servo, then disconnect the sat and see what happens. Then with the sat disconnected reboot the system and see if it connects again.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:27 PM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
250 Posts
Hi cant someone help me im stuck at spektrum community product register try to register my radio but fail...........

You entered an invalid serial number. Please verify that you are entering the correct character(s). See the image to the right for character

Thank
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
Hi cant someone help me im stuck at spektrum community product register try to register my radio but fail...........

You entered an invalid serial number. Please verify that you are entering the correct character(s). See the image to the right for character

Thank
Well, keep inputting it until you get it right. You can also export the serial number to the SD card so you can copy it on your computer and paste it right into the data field at spektrumrc.com. Makes things easier with such a long number.

Since you're overseas, is your radio a real Spektrum radio and not some clone/gray market knock off? There have been counterfeit Spektrum radios in the past and you probably can't register those. HH won't warranty it, either.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,394 Posts
Hi Keris,

Put an SD card in the radio. On the Serial screen select EXPORT. This will create a file.

Put the card in your PC, open the file, and copy the section that matches your on-screen serial. Then just paste it into the field (don't worry about the dashes). If you still have trouble, PM me your XML file contents.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:06 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post

Thank
call HH. A guy in our club had same problem. There are DX8 serial numbers out there that spektrum web site will not recognize.It took him a week to get it fixed...
good luck..
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
I had a similar problem registering my DX8, but the reason was I mistook in the serial number a lower case letter "L" to be a number "1". (1 versus l) Once I figured that out, everything was fine.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:24 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen4Lfe View Post
I had a similar problem registering my DX8, but the reason was I mistook in the serial number a lower case letter "L" to be a number "1". (1 versus l) Once I figured that out, everything was fine.
his problem was the use of special characters other than upper/lower case letters. if you cut and paste as in previous msg, that solves the mis typing issue.
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1