SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:10 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,658 Posts
Buy from HH.

If you buy from LHS, then you're looking for a radio with Airware 2.02 indicating its a recent radio.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:14 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
I have finished the build of an RC Powers F35

http://www.rcpowers.com/v2/f35/00.jpg

I have set it up for no rudders yet. 4 servos: 2 for the elevators and 2 for the ailerons. I'm thinking the elevators are setup as Elevon or Elevon-B (? - need to read what the difference is). Would like to setup the Ailerons to operate on a switch to allow three options:

Off - no movement.
Aileron/Flap mode
Elevon mode - added control surface for elevon input.

Is this really a "V-tail" plus dual ailerons?

How would I do this? Any help is appreciated.

bc

Im going to assume a DX8 and at least 7ch Rx.
You are going to want to set it up as Flaperon wing 2ele-2rud tail.Plug everything in as labeled on the Monitor screen and go from there.

Its hard to tell exactly what you are wanting beyond basic setup. elevon or vtail? This isnt your model configuration.
You want the ailerons to also work as flaps I assume?
You want the elevators to work as ailerons also on a switch? ele-flap?
I dont quite understand exactly what behavior you are wanting.
Is this a kit thing? Do you have an idea of how much throw you are going to put on the surfaces?
Start at a basic setup and go from there.

Like Franco said.Keep it simple to start.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Hi all; I was interested in trying to activate some spoilerons on my Hobby King 51"Slick. It's seems as through I temporally lost my touch for landing the Slick. As long as I keep my speed up it lands OK but,It glides and glides until I'm running short on runway. I been trying to land slower by doing a slight harrier but, I loose lift and pancake. It's taking a toll on my LG and props.I've been flying this plane since it first came out and I never had landing problems with it before, I don't know what changed or what I'm doing different. The CG is spot on, so as I was asking at the beginning can some one help me figure out how to add some spoileron to my DX 8? I would like to give it a try.
Transmitter DX8
Receiver AR 6210
Wing type (wing Dual Ail) (Tail Normal)Thanks Bill
In regards to the changes in lift from day to day, weather is a factor to consider. Humidity, temperature, and barometric pressure all have an affect on a plane in terms of lift. If your plane behaves differently then previously, take note of what the weather conditions are like to see if it's affecting your landing/flying.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:58 PM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Thank you Tatonka , I'll give it a shot.
Mugen4Lfe; I hadn't thought about the cooler temperatures. That might explain the longer glide due to the denser air. Thanks
If anyone would let me know if I can setup spoilerons with this setup I would appreciate it. I'm currently only using 4 channels of the AR6210.
DX8
AR 6210 DSMX
Wing type Dual ailerons, normal tail
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Last edited by bonner; Oct 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:28 AM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
Common issue witth some 3D setups
The telltale is when making a nice smooth approach -then reducing power - the tail settles slightly.
This is simply a tailheavy setup
doing the old climb at 45 degrees roll to inverted tests etc.. will likely show same thing.
We fly our little electric stuff horribly tailheavy -because they fly slowly and maneuverability is better
for good outdoor stuff - the old std of a 30-33% CG envelope, typically is best fer most --
I agree entirely with what your saying, However I'm ever so slightly nose heavy at 99mm.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:50 AM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Hi all; I was interested in trying to activate some spoilerons on my Hobby King 51"Slick. It's seems as through I temporally lost my touch for landing the Slick. As long as I keep my speed up it lands OK but,It glides and glides until I'm running short on runway. I been trying to land slower by doing a slight harrier but, I loose lift and pancake. It's taking a toll on my LG and props.I've been flying this plane since it first came out and I never had landing problems with it before, I don't know what changed or what I'm doing different. The CG is spot on, so as I was asking at the beginning can some one help me figure out how to add some spoileron to my DX 8? I would like to give it a try.
Transmitter DX8
Receiver AR 6210
Wing type (wing Dual Ail) (Tail Normal)Thanks Bill
This is an easy way to make this happen..... Assumes ailerons are on separate channels. Change wing type to flaperon. Then use the flap function. It can go positive or negative and you have three states and allows elevator to be mixed in right there if you want it. I am sure there are other ways but this way was pretty easy and I use it on my 3dhs Extra and edge 540. As you gain more experience you can alter and eventually may not even need it. Good luck.
wcessna is offline Find More Posts by wcessna
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:01 AM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcessna View Post
This is an easy way to make this happen..... Assumes ailerons are on separate channels. Change wing type to flaperon. Then use the flap function. It can go positive or negative and you have three states and allows elevator to be mixed in right there if you want it. I am sure there are other ways but this way was pretty easy and I use it on my 3dhs Extra and edge 540. As you gain more experience you can alter and eventually may not even need it. Good luck.
GREAT, Super cool! Tried it, works great! Now my brain is waking up. Learning how to use the radio comes first! Thanks for passing along the information. Bill
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:28 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
615 Posts
flaperon

Have a Multiplex TwinstarII bound to the DX8. 6 chnl Rx
wing configuration is flaperon.
two aileron servos, ral into ail channel, lal into aux1
flaps to the flap switch.
when I go to flap1 or flap2 the lal goes down and the ral goes up.
how do I reverse the lal servo when the flap switch is in 1 or 2?
flap switch at 0 the ailerons work correctly
allelectrik is online now Find More Posts by allelectrik
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:52 AM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allelectrik View Post
Right aileron in aileron on rcvr. Left aileron in aux. use servo setup to make ailerons work correctly. Then try flaps. Use monitor to show what dx8 is doing.try that.
wcessna is offline Find More Posts by wcessna
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:42 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allelectrik View Post
You can Reverse any channel in the Servo Setup screen. Check the Monitor screen to see if the servo Direction has been changed.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:48 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,658 Posts
The lack of information will only provide you with guesses.

The way the flap system works it should work if your ailerons work in the first place.

If you say the ailerons work with flap position 0, then it should work for the other positions.

If you export your model file setup, we could look and see what is going on.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:50 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,882 Posts
quickkie: is AR8000 always capable of dsmx, despite what the label says?
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:05 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,522 Posts
Yes

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:18 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
quickkie: is AR8000 always capable of dsmx, despite what the label says?
As has been stated before, the AR8000 was introduced before DSMX was announced, so some AR8000 were labeled DSM2 as well as some DX8's. All AR8000's are capable of both, but do not use DSM2 Satellite Rx's with the AR8000.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
As has been stated before, the AR8000 was introduced before DSMX was announced, so some AR8000 were labeled DSM2 as well as some DX8's. All AR8000's are capable of both, but do not use DSM2 Satellite Rx's with the AR8000.
Would you have to send an older DSM2 marked AR8000 in for the DSMX firmware update? The earlier DSM2 DX8s had to be manually updated via firmware, but the user could do that at home themselves via download/SD card. They had the DSMX hardware, but you needed to "awaken" DSMX with the new firmware.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)