HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1 View Post
yes it is censored in the sense of not to be rude, etc but this is approaching bully'g. When I am on a DX8 thread taking about a DX8 issue and then sent a private email saying that "I am off topic" and if I continue my messages on that theme they will be deleted..that is too much for me and I am out of there..they can play god with someone else...
It seems to me that there is an old saying about a doorknob, but I can't quite recall it at this moment.
Himself is online now Find More Posts by Himself
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
I asked that same question earlier and, according to Andy, it cannot be done. Shame as that would have been a great upgrade path feature.
It is probably possible, and if so it's not horribly hard. SPM files are just XML; you have to change the radio identifier and remove any data that the radio does not support (like third switch position values when going from a DX8 to DX7S) as well as insert any values/trees required by the recipient radio.

I was able to convert a number of models from the DX8 to a DX7S without too much trouble; the radio will give you an indication of where the problem lies when it fails to import. Converting from a DX7S to a DX8 would have been a bit harder because values would have to be added instead of removed.

Extrapolate for DX8 -> DX18.
jsipprell is offline Find More Posts by jsipprell
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:56 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,424 Posts
It's XML-like, definitely not XML.

You should compare similar models from both radios yourself rather than assuming. There are some very important changes that are not evident without CAREFUL comparisons.

And I didn't say it couldn't be done, I said it couldn't be done within the radio. The context was importing a DX8 into a DX18, not running it through a converter (which would be very necessary).

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:20 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1 View Post
yes it is censored in the sense of not to be rude, etc but this is approaching bully'g. When I am on a DX8 thread taking about a DX8 issue and then sent a private email saying that "I am off topic" and if I continue my messages on that theme they will be deleted..that is too much for me and I am out of there..they can play god with someone else...
Anyone gonna lose sleep over this? I think we need a poll.
onewire is offline Find More Posts by onewire
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsipprell View Post
It is probably possible, and if so it's not horribly hard. SPM files are just XML; you have to change the radio identifier and remove any data that the radio does not support (like third switch position values when going from a DX8 to DX7S) as well as insert any values/trees required by the recipient radio.

I was able to convert a number of models from the DX8 to a DX7S without too much trouble; the radio will give you an indication of where the problem lies when it fails to import. Converting from a DX7S to a DX8 would have been a bit harder because values would have to be added instead of removed.

Extrapolate for DX8 -> DX18.
Seems to me that it would be quicker/easier to just set up the models again in the new TX. One thing I did find is that the values in my DX7 pretty much translated directly into my DX8 without much fiddling at all, which was nice, since there's absolutely no way to export models from a DX7.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Seems to me that it would be quicker/easier to just set up the models again in the new TX. One thing I did find is that the values in my DX7 pretty much translated directly into my DX8 without much fiddling at all, which was nice, since there's absolutely no way to export models from a DX7.
I only converted them because I didn't want to retrim everything I flew and I wasn't confident that the visible trim indicator was exactly the same on the DX7S and DX8 (the DX7S was a loaner). That and I tend to use a lot of mixes and at that time AirWave had that annoying bug where the radio could crash when screwing around in the mixes.
jsipprell is offline Find More Posts by jsipprell
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
Hello,
since I have made the update 1.04 on my DX10t there are many problems. The main problem is the max range from about 300 meters. Then I have too many frame losses > 100 to 999 an 5 to 13 holds. That is too much. The test flights I have made with 4 Airplans with AR7000, AR8000, AR6255 with the same results. If I rebind this receivers with my old FC28 with 8 channel airmodul I have no problems (0 frame loss and 0 holds). Who has similar problems? I have the latest DX10t with rubber roll button.
I think, there is a big problem with the airware 1.04 and HH can't help me! They wont to change the receivers, but this is not the problem.
emodell is offline Find More Posts by emodell
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:42 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
1,941 Posts
Looks like the radio is the problem. Why should HH not help you ? Send the radio in for repair/inspection !
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:00 PM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Help needed to set up some Spoilerons on my DX8

Hi all; I was interested in trying to activate some spoilerons on my Hobby King 51"Slick. It's seems as through I temporally lost my touch for landing the Slick. As long as I keep my speed up it lands OK but,It glides and glides until I'm running short on runway. I been trying to land slower by doing a slight harrier but, I loose lift and pancake. It's taking a toll on my LG and props.I've been flying this plane since it first came out and I never had landing problems with it before, I don't know what changed or what I'm doing different. The CG is spot on, so as I was asking at the beginning can some one help me figure out how to add some spoileron to my DX 8? I would like to give it a try.
Transmitter DX8
Receiver AR 6210
Wing type (wing Dual Ail) (Tail Normal)Thanks Bill
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:44 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
800 Posts
How to setup Elevon and Ailerons on switch

I have finished the build of an RC Powers F35

http://www.rcpowers.com/v2/f35/00.jpg

I have set it up for no rudders yet. 4 servos: 2 for the elevators and 2 for the ailerons. I'm thinking the elevators are setup as Elevon or Elevon-B (? - need to read what the difference is). Would like to setup the Ailerons to operate on a switch to allow three options:

Off - no movement.
Aileron/Flap mode
Elevon mode - added control surface for elevon input.

Is this really a "V-tail" plus dual ailerons?

How would I do this? Any help is appreciated.

bc
Blade Crasher is online now Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:02 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,354 Posts
From the picture, I would do "KISS" using elevator and aileron if a very conventional set up. Those rudders are going to be useless. Once you get it flying you could try mixing Flap & Aileron, but, here too I believe there will be very little gained. The best mix set up for the f35 design would IMHO be pull up elevator, and both ailerons go down, push down elevator and both ailerons go up. Ailerons coupled to each elevator half would increase roll rate, but this modell is going to roll so quickly, such a mix would be overkill

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:06 AM
Buffalos have wings
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Hi all; I was interested in trying to activate some spoilerons on my Hobby King 51"Slick. It's seems as through I temporally lost my touch for landing the Slick. As long as I keep my speed up it lands OK but,It glides and glides until I'm running short on runway. I been trying to land slower by doing a slight harrier but, I loose lift and pancake. It's taking a toll on my LG and props.I've been flying this plane since it first came out and I never had landing problems with it before, I don't know what changed or what I'm doing different. The CG is spot on, so as I was asking at the beginning can some one help me figure out how to add some spoileron to my DX 8? I would like to give it a try.
Transmitter DX8
Receiver AR 6210
Wing type (wing Dual Ail) (Tail Normal)Thanks Bill
I have a 3DHS 41" Edge and with battery placement to get balance for optimum 3D flight, plus the fact that it is made to be very light anyway, I would sometimes have the same problem....Then I learned a trick that might help you.....Just before I land, I give it one click of down elevator....This brings it in nice using just throttle to control desent, just remember to give it one click of up elevator to return it to your original position.
Tatonka is online now Find More Posts by Tatonka
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Oct 2007
6,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
I have a 3DHS 41" Edge and with battery placement to get balance for optimum 3D flight, plus the fact that it is made to be very light anyway, I would sometimes have the same problem....Then I learned a trick that might help you.....Just before I land, I give it one click of down elevator....This brings it in nice using just throttle to control desent, just remember to give it one click of up elevator to return it to your original position.
Common issue witth some 3D setups
The telltale is when making a nice smooth approach -then reducing power - the tail settles slightly.
This is simply a tailheavy setup
doing the old climb at 45 degrees roll to inverted tests etc.. will likely show same thing.
We fly our little electric stuff horribly tailheavy -because they fly slowly and maneuverability is better
for good outdoor stuff - the old std of a 30-33% CG envelope, typically is best fer most --
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:56 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,350 Posts
If I buy a DX8 how can I make sure I'm not getting an early release, refurbished, recycled or recalled model? I would prefer to get one that is simply the current version and new.

Thank you!
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:08 PM
Electrocuted
SW Louisiana
Joined Jun 2002
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
If I buy a DX8 how can I make sure I'm not getting an early release, refurbished, recycled or recalled model? I would prefer to get one that is simply the current version and new.

Thank you!
Just buy it from Horizon online.
RC_AVIGATOR is offline Find More Posts by RC_AVIGATOR