SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:40 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,361 Posts
Another cause for binding issues is battery. I usually have a test set up on the bench, and I'm not real careful about keeping the bench battery fully charged. Just last week I was working on a problem and couldn't get the Rx to bind until I put a fully charged pack in the circuit. As others have pointed out, especially in the shop, make certain that you get good seperation between the Tx and Rx. 3 or 4 feet. Also make certain that your servo's are plugged in correctly. If you have one flipped it will cause problems.

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:19 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
869 Posts
I've tried increasing the distance between the receiver/transmitter and that didn't work. Haven't tried full battery yet so will charge up the DX8 and try again (it was at 4.7V when I tried binding, which I didn't think was that low).

Tks!

Kevin
kchen95 is online now Find More Posts by kchen95
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:31 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,361 Posts
not the tx its the rx battery

KKKKFL
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:02 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
not the tx its the rx battery

KKKKFL
Oh in that case I doubt that's the issue then - the RX is powered by the Lipo that the ESC is plugged into...

Definitely can't even begin to guess what could be the problem...
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:15 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,361 Posts
OK,
Lets review:
1, Sat light and RX light both blink, but don't come on steady (as in correct bind)
2, TX does bind with other Rx's using same battery and servo's
3. distance between TX and Problem RX is greater than 2 feet
4. LiPo being used and ESC is plugged into Throttle

This could be where your problem is coming from.. Try doing a bind but use a stand alone battery and just one servo in elevator or rudder.

Here's my rationale... If throttle is reversed, or if Throttle is not set right, it might be
the cause of the problem. Eliminating the throttle channel, and plugging a bettery into any other port will minimize the "throttle" pecularities.

If you can bind in this simplistic fashion you will know that there's something not quite right with throttle. Check to see if it needs to be reversed, also try doing the bind on a new slot of the DX8.

Give this a shot and let us know what happens.

KKKKFl
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:30 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,597 Posts
Try using a receiver pack (4.8-6.0v) and single servo connected in Ail,Elev or Rud port of the receiver.
Insert bind plug in the Bind/Batt/Data port of the receiver and power on the receiver, the LED should be flashing rapidly.

Then Hold the trainer button and power the radio. Once the radio indicate BIND on the screen you can let go of the trainer switch/button. The radio should then indicate what type of receiver is being bound.

Try with some distance and also try very close.

If it still fails then you need to find out which unit is giving you problems, either try binding that receiver to another radio or another receiver to that radio.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:38 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
869 Posts
I actually don't have a separate battery for the RX, so the only way I've always bound is through the ESC/throttle slot with lipo. Also keep in mind the same RX/ESC/lipo combo binds to my DX6i just fine, which is what puzzles me... And I didn't insert servos on any of the other slots, so it's not a case of bad servo. To sum up the confusion:

1. AR6200 with satellite binds fine with DX6i
2. AR6200 with satellite does not find with DX8
3. Hobbyking Orange Spektrum RX binds fine with DX8

Conclusion: there's something specific with the link between DX8 and AR6200 that's causing that combo to fail...I just can't figure out what that something is.

Thanks for all the input so far!

Kevin
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:52 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,597 Posts
I have plenty of AR6200 in planes and had no issues binding to my DX8 and DX18.

Puzzling indeed, the only thing left to do at this point would be to send the radio (DX8) and specific receiver to HH for testing if you really want to use that combination.

Good Luck.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Oct 09, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:58 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchen95 View Post
I actually don't have a separate battery for the RX, so the only way I've always bound is through the ESC/throttle slot with lipo. Also keep in mind the same RX/ESC/lipo combo binds to my DX6i just fine, which is what puzzles me... And I didn't insert servos on any of the other slots, so it's not a case of bad servo. To sum up the confusion:

1. AR6200 with satellite binds fine with DX6i
2. AR6200 with satellite does not find with DX8
3. Hobbyking Orange Spektrum RX binds fine with DX8

Conclusion: there's something specific with the link between DX8 and AR6200 that's causing that combo to fail...I just can't figure out what that something is.

Thanks for all the input so far!

Kevin
Are you trying to bind with a copied model? If so, try to bind with a default clean model, before thinking about a DX8 failure.
egicar is offline Find More Posts by egicar
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:20 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
I was setting up a plane last week and had it bound for the elevator linkage install. After I installed the rudder servo I changed my mind on rx's and installed another. It wouldn't bind. I put in the previous rx and did a rebind. It wouldn't bind either. The only difference was the rudder servo I attached so I unplugged it and it bound (binded?). Then I plugged in the rudder servo and everything worked fine. Swapped out rx's again and repeated and she works fine. I don't have a clue why. Just saying.
onewire is offline Find More Posts by onewire
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:12 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,212 Posts
Is it's a real Spektrum AR6200? Some fake RX has bind problems with the DX-8.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:59 PM View Post
howcar
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:06 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Well, I think it has helped that the timer can now be changed, but she still eats crackers.
JohnathanSwift is online now Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
Is it's a real Spektrum AR6200? Some fake RX has bind problems with the DX-8.
It was a shrunk wrapped HK 6ch. Discontinued now. Tried a AR6200 and same thing. So I pulled the rudder servo, as it had bound before, and she bound. Plugged in the servo after binding and it worked. So I tried the same on the HK and it worked, too. Just have to remember to bind without that servo plugged in.

BTW. The servo is a Hobby People one similar to the HS65MG. Never tried these, but $20 vs $30.

As I said. I have no idea why. My only concern is will she lose bind in flight.

Will
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Well, I think it has helped that the timer can now be changed, but she still eats crackers.
Mine tried to drink a beer one night.