HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:15 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRellic View Post
Proof again as to why we still don't have those flying cars we were promised in the fifties?

Brian T.
Oh man dont even get me started about being stood up on the promise of a flying car.That was the thing that made me the maddest about Y2K.Still no flying car.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:40 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRellic View Post
Proof again as to why we still don't have those flying cars we were promised in the fifties?

Brian T.
Actually there is a manufacturer producing flying cars today, just not many customers.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:41 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
Delorean?
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:45 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Delorean?
http://www.terrafugia.com/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505164_1...n-test-flight/
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:46 AM
Buffalos have wings
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,047 Posts
No, the Delorean goes back and forth thru time.....And I guess it flys too, but that's only because it has been back to the future.
Tatonka is offline Find More Posts by Tatonka
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:47 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
Darn, the delorean was also TX ready
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:22 AM
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Mar 2009
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Oh man dont even get me started about being stood up on the promise of a flying car.That was the thing that made me the maddest about Y2K.Still no flying car.
Y2K and flying cars, that would have done some Weeding out eh.

Brian T.
GBRellic is offline Find More Posts by GBRellic
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:27 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,057 Posts
It probably would just have made more lawyers rich, claiming they are "unsafe at any altitude."

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:52 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
Well after being a very long Hitec user who then moved to Futaba, I've made my way to the Spektrum side.

Never really felt they had a product worth buying for my multicopters, but th DX10 certainly looked like it would fit the bill. I'm very impressed with the DX10 in the short 2 days I've had it but I can say I'll be sticking with tray radios for good now.

I originally had my eye on the Jeti DC16 but since that was taking an eternity to get USA certification, I gave up on it. I'm glad I did

One thing I was really looking for was a current sensor for telemetry. It was the one thing the Jeti has always had that the Spektrum did not. I was elated to see in the user manual though that it states a 150A High Current Sensor is available though I've never been able to find it online.

Lastly I will say I was a little disappointed to find out the TM1000 module doesn't come with a radio this expensive. I never bothered to research if it did, figured that the DX8 had it so this would come with it too. Oh well guess I need to order one.

I've already ordered a bunch of OrangeRX receivers for cheap planes I have and the $9000 multicopter that I fly will use the AR10000 for piece of mind.

I wanted to ask though, where is the best place to order a TM1000, the 150A High Current Sensor, and possibly the GPS?

Thanks!
Andy
http://aerialquads.com
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
ok guys this is the SPM file..

My setup is as follows..

Y harnessed the 2 aileron servos
Y harnessed the rudder with the nosewheel servos
Ive got 2 flap servos and 2 elevator servos.
1 throttle and 1 3 way lead for the gears.

Prob is that always there is something that doesn't work..
Ive managed to make it work on another model (not this one) with wing set to normal and having aux1 and aux 3 as flaps by mixing but not flap menu is enabled..
flap switch is aux 1 and only stage 1 works ok and it's full flap setting

with this model when I move the elavetos 1 flap is always movign and the other is disabled..
need to knwo what I am doing wrong or if the radio has a bug here which is less likely..
I need a fresh brain ffor this..
thanks
pavlos is offline Find More Posts by pavlos
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:01 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Well after being a very long Hitec user who then moved to Futaba, I've made my way to the Spektrum side.

Never really felt they had a product worth buying for my multicopters, but th DX10 certainly looked like it would fit the bill. I'm very impressed with the DX10 in the short 2 days I've had it but I can say I'll be sticking with tray radios for good now.

I originally had my eye on the Jeti DC16 but since that was taking an eternity to get USA certification, I gave up on it. I'm glad I did

One thing I was really looking for was a current sensor for telemetry. It was the one thing the Jeti has always had that the Spektrum did not. I was elated to see in the user manual though that it states a 150A High Current Sensor is available though I've never been able to find it online.

Lastly I will say I was a little disappointed to find out the TM1000 module doesn't come with a radio this expensive. I never bothered to research if it did, figured that the DX8 had it so this would come with it too. Oh well guess I need to order one.

I've already ordered a bunch of OrangeRX receivers for cheap planes I have and the $9000 multicopter that I fly will use the AR10000 for piece of mind.

I wanted to ask though, where is the best place to order a TM1000, the 150A High Current Sensor, and possibly the GPS?

Thanks!
Andy
http://aerialquads.com
You don't want a 150A sensor withouth the capability of measuring mAh. You want this: http://rctronix.steinonline.de/wp/?p=18 (sorry, German. But if you are good with electronics just have a look at the schematics, it is a piece of cake)

A diy capacity sensor, using the Powerbox menu. Also, the JLog (logger for Kontronik ESCs) speaks spektrum telemetry.
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Aug 2000
3,919 Posts
Hi All

I apologise if this aspect has already been covered but I haven't managed to spot it in this thread; if I update my DX8 software to v2.6, will all the models which I have already programmed in the Tx need any adjustments, eg re-centring servos, or can I expect the models to work as before with no additional tweaking?

Before updating, I always back up the existing model programs.

Gordon.

Edit. I've just read the Readme file for v2.06. So what I want to know as well as the above is; if sub-trims need adusting with v2.06, will this be the last time they'll ever need adjusting following an update?
Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Gordon
Last edited by Gordon; Oct 07, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined May 2010
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post

Yup it was very hard
Up to 200A

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tele...t-voltage.aspx
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:24 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Yes I'm aware of the products I can't buy from you that you've had for sale to everyone else outside the USA for more than a month.

Waiting this long for an English manual and still can't buy this radio got me upset to the point I gave up on waiting. It really is a shame.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
somebody for my spm file please??
pavlos is offline Find More Posts by pavlos
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)