SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:51 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,002 Posts
Has anybody noticed after update to 2.06 the boot up process change up a bit? At least I think mine did.

If the SD card is in, when you power on the radio the Spektrum bars flash twice it resets and the bars flash 2 more times and its full on.

If the card is out it does the same but only blips once at the beginning when the radio first comes on, resets, bars flash 2 more times and its full on.

I dont recall the bars flashing that much...
FlyHighSelllow is online now Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:08 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,106 Posts
SD Card inserted = Flash, Flash, Pause, Flash, Pause, ON
No SD Card = Flash, Pause, Flash, Pause, ON

Anybody know morse code?
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:16 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post

Anybody know morse code?
See mine flashes 2 times at the end either way. Maybe my RX is trying to talk to your RX and phoning home data ??????
FlyHighSelllow is online now Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:19 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,106 Posts
The Spektrum Histogram is there to tell you the radio is sending RF. As long as it's solid once the radio is fully turned ON that's all that really matters, Right?
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:57 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,513 Posts
Quote:

Anybody know morse code?
If you put them together it says Fly Me.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:05 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,053 Posts
The number of flashes depends on what you have on the card. The bootloader is looking for an update file if you have an SD card inserted.

You can speed up the boot by removing the card. If you have a lot of files it can be a dramatic speed up by removing it.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
Has anybody noticed after update to 2.06 the boot up process change up a bit? At least I think mine did.

If the SD card is in, when you power on the radio the Spektrum bars flash twice it resets and the bars flash 2 more times and its full on.

If the card is out it does the same but only blips once at the beginning when the radio first comes on, resets, bars flash 2 more times and its full on.

I dont recall the bars flashing that much...
Makes no difference in my radio running 2.06 whether the SD card is in or out. Flash, Pause, Flash, Flash. The only tiny variation is the first Flash may be a couple milliseconds longer with the SD card in, but it's really very close.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:52 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,106 Posts
What do you have on the SD card?

I got all my models, folder containing backups of those models, folder containing all the previous updates and I think another folder also.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:26 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Oct 2000
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The number of flashes depends on what you have on the card. The bootloader is looking for an update file if you have an SD card inserted.

You can speed up the boot by removing the card. If you have a lot of files it can be a dramatic speed up by removing it.

Andy
I have two archived update files and all 30 models on my card. After removing the two update files and about six unused models, the boot is indeed a bit faster. Thanks for the tip

With the card removed, I get a much longer and very annoying beeeeeeeep before the pause and double beeps during boot. I think I'll leave the card in.

Paul
pgoelz is offline Find More Posts by pgoelz
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
What do you have on the SD card?

I got all my models, folder containing backups of those models, folder containing all the previous updates and I think another folder also.
If you're talking to me (just want to be clear this time), 19 models. Nothing else needed on the card. Why do you have all that extra junk on your card? Keep it on the computer. Do you really intend to jump back and forth between Airware updates?

No wonder some radios are taking longer to boot up.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:31 PM
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Aug 2006
254 Posts
I have a question about my DX8. I just obtained an E-Flite UMX Carbon Cub and I found someone's setup file for the DX8. I installed it and all is good. The one question that I have is he has the throttle disabled by the Hold/Mix switch. That switch has to be flipped to the "1" position before throttle can be used. I love this on my electrics and would love to have it on my other models. I cannot find anywhere in the menu where this is configured. There is no Mixes setup, Throttle Cut is set to "Inhibit", no Throttle Curve, or nothing out of the ordinary with D/R & Expo. This has me puzzled. I have the config file if someone wants to look at it.
constantmotion is offline Find More Posts by constantmotion
Last edited by constantmotion; Oct 04, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:47 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
If you're talking to me (just want to be clear this time), 19 models. Nothing else needed on the card. Why do you have all that extra junk on your card? Keep it on the computer. Do you really intend to jump back and forth between Airware updates?

No wonder some radios are taking longer to boot up.
Yes, one man's junk is another man's treasure. I keep it because I want to. I wasn't to one who brought up radio taking X amount of time booting up and nore the amount of beeps when booting up.

At the end of the day, if owners are concentrating and talking about the amount of beeps and logo flashes during boot up then this is a good sign for us. Means the radio is on the right track of being issue free.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:48 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
I have two archived update files and all 30 models on my card. After removing the two update files and about six unused models, the boot is indeed a bit faster. Thanks for the tip
Put them all in a folder and it will be faster still.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:51 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,606 Posts
You would normally do this on a DX8 by assigning Throttle Cut Sw: to "Mix()". Inh shouldn't do anything.

I prefer it the other way round but that's just a personal choice to match all my other kill switches. Mix switch forward to disarm the throttle so I use Mix1.

It's under the Throttle Cut option on the main Function List Menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
I have a question about my DX8. I just obtained an E-Flite UMX Carbon Cub and I found someone's setup file for the DX8. I installed it and all is good. The one question that I have is he has the throttle disabled by the Hold/Mix switch. That switch has to be flipped to the "1" position before throttle can be used. I love this on my electrics and would love to have it on my other models. I cannot find anywhere in the menu where this is configured. There is no Mixes setup, Throttle Cut is set to "Inhibit", no Throttle Curve, or nothing out of the ordinary with D/R & Expo. This has me puzzled. I have the config file if someone wants to look at it.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:53 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,106 Posts
@ constantmotion - there is no more need to ZIP the file to post, RCG now accepts direct posting of SPM files.

That SPM file you have has a MIX1 active, a throttle to throttle mix to disable the throttle when the MIX switch is in POS 1.

You can free up this mix by simply using the Throttle Cut feature of the radio. Select a switch then set % value to 29-30%

PS: If you select the mixing menu and scroll to MIX1 you will see the THR>THR mix
Last edited by freechip; Oct 04, 2012 at 09:59 PM.