SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,219 Posts
WOW this thread is HUGE!

Question if I have 31+ models, can I have all 30 internal memory slots full and can I access my other 1+ from the SD card? Or do I need at least 1 internal spot open and need to transfer the model from the SD card to internal memory?

BTW I did a search on SD card and models and came up with hundreds of posts, read though about 2 dozen before I decided to try and just ask.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:29 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
WOW this thread is HUGE!

Question if I have 31+ models, can I have all 30 internal memory slots full and can I access my other 1+ from the SD card? Or do I need at least 1 internal spot open and need to transfer the model from the SD card to internal memory?

BTW I did a search on SD card and models and came up with hundreds of posts, read though about 2 dozen before I decided to try and just ask.
If you Save your Model Memories to your SD card, you can Reset an existing Model Memory, set it up for a new aircraft, Save it to your SD card, and then Swap it back in when necessary. These may not be the correct terms, but you get the meaning.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:37 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,306 Posts
In other words, you cannot actually "run" a model off the sd card.
bjaffee is offline Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:39 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,380 Posts
No, SD card is backup, Airware Updates & Telemetry logging.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:10 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,219 Posts
Thanks for all the quick replies.

Yeah my beloved DX7 is full now =( Time for a DX8.

There was a time when I thought 20 Models was a lot ... now even 30 models doen't seem like much.

I'm also assuming that any model copied from SD card would not have it's bind saved? Oh well it's not too much trouble to pull from memory into a saved open internal slot.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:18 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,380 Posts
You are correct, once you IMPORT a model to any memory position you like a BIND would be required.

Basicaly model memory or the amount of models is sort of a second priority now with the ability to export and import to & from SD card.

It's now a matter of how many models the radio can hold BEFORE you have to rebind models from SD card.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:23 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
You are correct, once you IMPORT a model to any memory position you like a BIND would be required.
I wonder if this would be true if you imported it to the same position it was at before? Reason I ask that is that when I was setting up my radio, I had programmed and bound one of my planes, then later accidently copied over that setup with one from another plane. The receiver was still bound to that model though. After I had finished programming the same model again, I did not have to rebind.
bjaffee is offline Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:40 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,380 Posts
That's not the issue, the receiver is.

So if it's still the very same receiver and you import in the very same model position the yes it would work out the way you describe and you would not need to rebinb.

You would need to remember what memory it was.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:41 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaffee View Post
I wonder if this would be true if you imported it to the same position it was at before? Reason I ask that is that when I was setting up my radio, I had programmed and bound one of my planes, then later accidently copied over that setup with one from another plane. The receiver was still bound to that model though. After I had finished programming the same model again, I did not have to rebind.
On the DX7s and DX8, the bind would still be valid. On the current version of the DX10t and DX18 it would be lost, unless the model uses a low-speed DSM2 receiver (AR6100, etc.).

You are always best to re-bind after importing a model.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:40 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,360 Posts
Thanks guys,
My problem came cuz the defaults were all take up, just needed to do an Inh on the aux channel to get geart to allow assignment.

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:10 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
... You are always best to re-bind after importing a model. Andy
People don't always do what's best for them Andy, some fly into trees.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
People don't always do what's best for them Andy, some fly into trees.
Don't feel bad Andy, I had a light pole jump out at me before.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:36 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,360 Posts
For any of you R/C'ers that use X-plane ( http://www.x-plane.org/ ) as a simulator, I just posted a rendition of my 1/4 Scale EAA biplane. If you stand at the end of the runway and fly with that view, it acts like the model. What I posted is the Full size aircraft, not the dimensions of the 1/4 scale since most of the XP users fly full size.

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:23 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen4Lfe View Post
Don't feel bad Andy, I had a light pole jump out at me before.
I lost two planes to the SAME high-jump pole last winter, on the same night, making landing approaches! One was a Polecat so I guess it could be expected. And the P in P-51 stands for Pole, not Pursuit.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:51 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,661 Posts
Any obstacle nearby will be hit. That's a law
When flying in the gym, we also only hit the basketball baskets or the rings on the ceiling.

It's called obstacle-gravity. The smaller the obstacle, the larger the gravity. Like black holes.....
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem