HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:40 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Sep 2010
40 Posts
I am about to buy a DX8 in the US but it will be used mainly in Canada.
How will that affect the warranty ?
Fricotin is offline Find More Posts by Fricotin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:03 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,834 Posts
Living in Canada and having a DX18 & DX8 I can tell you that you will have no problems with warranty. All warranty service is done at HH in Champaign, IL
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:10 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Sep 2010
40 Posts
Thank you.
Fricotin is offline Find More Posts by Fricotin
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:16 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,295 Posts
On custom mixing, Is there any way to turn off links between mixes? For example, I have a wing set up with flaperons on a glider. I wanted to operate spoilerons via the spoiler stick, so I created a custom Throttle>right aileron mix. The thing is, that mix drove the right aileron in one direction and the left aileron in the opposite direction. I would not have expected the mix to propagate to other channels (I had originally intended to create a separate mix for the left aileron).

In the end, I found out that mixing only throttle>left aileron drove both the left AND right ailerons in the same direction when the throttle stick was moved. I just thought that was kinda strange though. On my old Futaba, there's be a setting called "link" in the mix which could be turned off to prevent this.
bjaffee is offline Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:30 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,480 Posts
This is called "Back Mixing" and it's a feature.

When you mix to the right side of a 2-surface control, it adds the same amount to the other side to cause the same action. When you mix to the left side, it adds to the opposite side in order to create the opposite function. This works for elevators, ailerons, flaps, and rudder.

As you found, what you really want is THR > LAL to do the flap action.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:45 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Oct 2000
946 Posts
Anyone have a cure for a sticky throttle stick on a DX8? I tried white grease, which worked for a couple months but it is getting sticky again. I'm thinking of trying some plumber's grease (thick silicon grease), but I'm not 100% it will stay in place and not run down the mechanism. I used a piece of shrink tube over the spring on my Futaba 9C, which worked fairly well but still had a small amount of stickyness.

And while we're at it, any word on why the side grips are applied with double sided tape? Makes it difficult to get the radio apart. It looks like they were designed to use the barbed posts to hold the grips on, but maybe they didn't hold well?

Paul
pgoelz is offline Find More Posts by pgoelz
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:54 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,480 Posts
Have you lightened the tension on it (page 40 or so of manual)? You don't need to open the radio.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:25 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,359 Posts
OK,
This programming needs a better explanation. Just received a new 7 channel Rx, I got channels 1 through 6 down. 2 ailerons and 1 flap.

Switch select no matter what I do just seems to indicate flaps Inhb. once I assigned the left trim it works like I want. However i cannot get the Inh off on it or on the 7th channel which I want to run gear. What's the magic? In the screen I scroll to the gear, it starts to blink when I press once, but I can't seem to scroll through to any of the switches. Aux 2 or 3 should work...

Help???????

Thanks

gonna go re-read the manual to see where I'm missing a setting.

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:30 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,834 Posts
What do you want to do exactly?

You have Dual Aileron and 1 Flap wing type selected and you want AUX2 for gear?

Then all you got to do is go in the switch select screen and INH Aux2:Aux2 changed to Aux2:Inh
Then scroll to Gear:Inh and change it to Gear:Aux2.

Connect your gear servo in Aux2 port of your 7ch receiver.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Sep 17, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Oct 2000
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Have you lightened the tension on it (page 40 or so of manual)? You don't need to open the radio.

Andy
Yes, lightening the tension made it better but it is still sticky even at the point where the stick almost flops. It has a nice light resistance once the stick is in motion. But when stationary, it takes noticeably more force to get it to move before it "snaps" as the sticktion is relived and it starts moving.

It was far worse when the radio was new and before I lubed it with white grease. After I lubed it, it was OK for a while but it is getting sticky again even though the tension is pretty loose.... much looser than as-received when new.

If I only flew airplanes, it would be fine. But it makes hovering a heli less precise than it should be.

Paul
pgoelz is offline Find More Posts by pgoelz
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Sep 2008
1 Posts
DX8 as generic PC controller???

Does anyone know if I can use a DX8 as a PC controller or "joystick"? I want to "model" a model in the x-plane simulator but still use the DX8 as the controller... yes, I know I can buy a cheapo usb controller but would rather use my quality TX if I can get it to work. Thanks from a noob!
PLift is offline Find More Posts by PLift
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
38 Posts
I have some questions that maybe someone here can answer.

It's very obvious there are known issues with v2.05. Why does Spektrum continue to state NONE under KNOWN ISSUES on their website?

Their nine (9) last updates had a total of 48 Bug Fixes, some with 9 and 10. What are the indications that this update will be any different? When Spektrum is told about these issues, why don't they list them under KNOWN ISSUES and let us decided if they are serious?
HappyFlier is offline Find More Posts by HappyFlier
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:02 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFlier View Post
I have some questions that maybe someone here can answer.

It's very obvious there are known issues with v2.05. Why does Spektrum continue to state NONE under KNOWN ISSUES on their website?

Their nine (9) last updates had a total of 48 Bug Fixes, some with 9 and 10. What are the indications that this update will be any different? When Spektrum is told about these issues, why don't they list them under KNOWN ISSUES and let us decided if they are serious?
Nice first post "Happy".

Why not tell us a bit about yourself, your planes, what you fly, and your interest in this particular thread on RC Groups today...

Is there some specific issue YOU are having with YOUR equipment?
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:14 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
Switch select no matter what I do just seems to indicate flaps Inhb. once I assigned the left trim it works like I want.
The Switch Select screen isn't going to help you here. You want to use Flap System to control the flaps.

Quote:
However i cannot get the Inh off on it or on the 7th channel which I want to run gear. What's the magic? In the screen I scroll to the gear, it starts to blink when I press once, but I can't seem to scroll through to any of the switches. Aux 2 or 3 should work...
The trick is, disable the switch that's already assigned to that channel!

Switch Select screen is organized as SWITCH on the left, RECEIVER PORT on the right.

A RECEIVER PORT can only have one input, so it can only appear one time on the right side.

If you're having trouble putting something onto the AUX2 receiver port, make sure than all those inputs are assigned to INH. Then go to the input you want and assign it to AUX2.

What I do is go to this screen and set everything to INH for starters, and then come back and turn on what I need when I need it.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:01 PM
AMA 42272, from the 1970's
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Oct 2007
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFlier View Post

Welcome to RC Groups. Many are wondering the same thing. Given that there have been two recent reports of crashed planes right after the 2.05 update was installed, the possibility of other unknown bugs becomes the unanswered question. There is nothing in the 2.05 update that I can't live without, so I will continue to fly with confidence with the 2.04 firmware.
DXStickman is offline Find More Posts by DXStickman