HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:41 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michil View Post
Hello,

I installed V2.05 on my DX8. I'm using an electric heli an programmed the throttle channel to a switch (using gov mode of ESC). I set the log trigger to Throttle and set the value to 10%. When I start the motor, the logging is not started. When moving g the pitch stick a little bit upward the logging seems to start (I can hear a click from the beeper).

So it seems that log trigger is not really on throttle channel, it seems it is fixed to pitch stick (which is normally connected to throttle for nitro heli).

Is this a bug or a feature?

Kind regards

Michael
Use Throttle Out instead.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Apr 2008
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Use Throttle Out instead.

Andy
Thanks. Is there a description of the log feature available?

Michael
michil is offline Find More Posts by michil
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:29 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,333 Posts
On the subject of fades, frames, and holds...

With a single antenna reciever (like the AR600 despite it's two wires, apparently), I would expect fades on A to be the same number as F (frames). And almost all the time it is, but once I noticed the two numbers were 1 off - can't remember which way now.

Why might A and F be different on an AR600?
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:36 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,101 Posts
Fades and Frames ARE NOT THE SAME THING.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
@aeroken

I'll try and word your question differently... An ANTENNA FADE represents loss of a bit of information on an antenna, while a FRAME LOSS represents a simultaneous antenna fade on all attached receivers. How can there be FRAME LOSSES of a different number than ANTENNA FADES if there is only ONE receiver?

Is this what you were trying to ask?
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Sep 2010
565 Posts
Consider the AR6255 (designed for carbon fuse models)

One receiver circuit, two antennas and no sat/remotes.

This RX rapidly switches between two extended lead antennas. I think it alternates between sampling Ant1 and Ant2 on a frame by frame basis, using each antenna 22.5 times per second.

Telemetry data contains only one antenna fade counter, yet there are actually two antennas.

This RX typically has fairly high fade counts (1000+), because one antenna is frequently shielded from the TX by carbon fiber fuse or wings, used in DSMX mode, and long flights in sailplanes flying higher and further down range than helis and typical planes. 2000 ft up and 3/4 of a mile away for over an hour is common place. I've seen the fade counter exceed 5000 without any holds.
LizardMan is online now Find More Posts by LizardMan
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:20 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Throtle tension

I have adjusted the tension on my throttle and its not enough. Can I flip the metal bracket over for more tension?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:27 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen4Lfe View Post
@aeroken

I'll try and word your question differently... An ANTENNA FADE represents loss of a bit of information on an antenna, while a FRAME LOSS represents a simultaneous antenna fade on all attached receivers. How can there be FRAME LOSSES of a different number than ANTENNA FADES if there is only ONE receiver?

Is this what you were trying to ask?
Bingo - that's it exactly.
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:05 AM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,298 Posts
Just got a DX8, updated it to Airware 2.05, and found what I assume is a bug. On one of my planes I have the rudder servo direction set to reverse. I needed to adjust the travel a different amount on either side of neutral, so I went into the servo adjust menu, selected the appropriate channel, selected the travel option, and held the stick over to the side I wanted to adjust (the right side), high lighting the number on the right side of the screen. The thing is, nothing was happening with the control throw. However...I moved the stick to the left, and saw that the control throw had changed on the left side.

So it appeared that if the servo was reversed, changing the travel amount on the right side number actually changes the travel for moving the surface to the left, and vice versa.

Has anyone else seen this?
bjaffee is online now Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:16 AM
England
Joined Nov 2005
1,115 Posts
Yes, exactly that situation.
netdudeuk is offline Find More Posts by netdudeuk
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:13 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,101 Posts
Yes, it's a current reversing travel issue. The work around is move the stick in the other direction then go back and check.

Or go back to previous version.

Next update will fix this.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:18 AM
AMA 42272, from the 1970's
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Oct 2007
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Or go back to previous version.

Next update will fix this.
How is that accomplished? The same file name, spmtx.sax, is used for all updates. Will reinstalling an older version erase the newest update?
DXStickman is offline Find More Posts by DXStickman
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:01 PM
England
Joined Nov 2005
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXStickman View Post
How is that accomplished? The same file name, spmtx.sax, is used for all updates. Will reinstalling an older version erase the newest update?
Yes. The filename will always the same because the software in the DX8 will always look for that file in order to determine if there's an update to install.
netdudeuk is offline Find More Posts by netdudeuk
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:29 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Yes, it's a current reversing travel issue. The work around is move the stick in the other direction then go back and check.
Ah, okay, I wasn't sure what the nature of the "reversing travel" issue was at this point (I figured it completely reversed the servo on a model). I can live with it for the moment.
bjaffee is online now Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:20 PM
Nampa, ID
Joined Oct 2009
668 Posts
Can the Trainer/Bind button or Mix/Hold switch be used for a channel on a DX8?
nippaero is offline Find More Posts by nippaero