HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:02 PM View Post
soyang
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:11 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
6,244 Posts
Uh, is that version 2.05?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Uh, is that version 2.05?
My DX8? Yes, that's what I'm running. Don't see what that would have to do with the charging/balancing circuitry built into the battery. First lipo still wouldn't charge to full capacity/turn charge light off on 2.04, either.
Skidder87 is offline Find More Posts by Skidder87
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:23 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
6,244 Posts
Nah, the spam dude!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Nah, the spam dude!
Oh, okay. LOL Seems to be a lot of that running around lately.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:23 PM
Electrocuted
SW Louisiana
Joined Jun 2002
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
Thought about a DX8 for retracts and extra lights for my scale builds, But after reading thru this thread...wheeewwww wondering if im up for it..
My DX8 will be 2 years old in Nov. and I have yet to have any issues what so ever.-- 40 years + in R/C, was a Futaba fan, but now waiting to get the "18".
Don't let this thread get to you---everyone has their opinion on the 8 and mine is "hard to beat the bang for the buck!"
RC_AVIGATOR is offline Find More Posts by RC_AVIGATOR
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:21 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,274 Posts
^^^^^ What he said...

I was out of the hobby for about fifteen years. Flew Futaba exclusively back in the days. Got back into the hobby four years ago and bought a DX7. I bought a DX8 a year and a half ago. Love it. Model match, telemetry with flight log, ease of programming, backlight display, auto timer start, vibrator for warnings (I wear two hearing aides), DSMX, smooth gimbals, LiPo compatible, excellent support. All this for ~ $400. Very happy with my decision to standardize on Spektrum. Zero problems of any kind. DX18 is in my future.
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:15 AM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder87 View Post
No, I haven't. It won't show "live" if there's no current at the connector to turn the TX on and I'm not cutting into it to "investigate". A voltmeter wouldn't tell me anything more than it's still dead. Don't have a connector of that type for a voltmeter/external lipo charger anyway. I'll just call HH again and see what they say. The first battery "works" in that it will take a charge and power the radio, but it doesn't perform as HH advertised it to do (won't reach full charge or turn out charge light). I'm not too keen on it never charging above 8.0V. I'll cycle it a few times to see if it gets any better, but I've never had any properly functioning 2S lipo not fully charge to 8.4V. I liked the advertised feature that it was finished charging (light out) at a glance. That and the higher capacity were the reasons I wanted it.

Results of further messing with the new "dead" battery. It works intermittently if I squeeze it on the end where the wires exit. Bad solder joint or something. Calling for another replacement and/or see if they'll do a refund. I'd be perfectly willing to send both batteries back, but they don't want them returned in the mail from customers, per their verbal and written policy.
Sorry to tell you this skid but,The blue light will never go out on this batch of transmitters.It's a hardware problem.
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:14 AM
Joined Aug 2007
32 Posts
Not sure if this is a bug or not with the DX8 and ver 2.05
When reversing the rudder servo, Trim and Subtrim go left and right accordingly as expected.
When I go into the Travel settings to adjust end limits the left screen percentage adjusts to right travel and vice versa. The travel screen percentages only move correctly left and right on that control when the servo is set to normal.
Is this correct or should the travel screens have reversed when the servo was?
Not tried the other control surfaces yet only the rudder.
3d Marky is offline Find More Posts by 3d Marky
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:25 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I think its normal.. Just a thought though
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:25 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d Marky View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or not with the DX8 and ver 2.05
When reversing the rudder servo, Trim and Subtrim go left and right accordingly as expected.
When I go into the Travel settings to adjust end limits the left screen percentage adjusts to right travel and vice versa. The travel screen percentages only move correctly left and right on that control when the servo is set to normal.
Is this correct or should the travel screens have reversed when the servo was?
Not tried the other control surfaces yet only the rudder.
It's been mentioned before.
I'm not sure what is 'good' though. And I could be wrong, but I haven't heard Andy saying it is a bug (or not).
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:14 AM
Heli addicted.
Joined Jan 2012
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Sorry to tell you this skid but,The blue light will never go out on this batch of transmitters.It's a hardware problem.
its not only the blue light, the lipo is not charging over 8.2 anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder87 View Post
No, I haven't. It won't show "live" if there's no current at the connector to turn the TX on and I'm not cutting into it to "investigate". A voltmeter wouldn't tell me anything more than it's still dead. Don't have a connector of that type for a voltmeter/external lipo charger anyway. I'll just call HH again and see what they say. The first battery "works" in that it will take a charge and power the radio, but it doesn't perform as HH advertised it to do (won't reach full charge or turn out charge light). I'm not too keen on it never charging above 8.0V. I'll cycle it a few times to see if it gets any better, but I've never had any properly functioning 2S lipo not fully charge to 8.4V. I liked the advertised feature that it was finished charging (light out) at a glance. That and the higher capacity were the reasons I wanted it.

Results of further messing with the new "dead" battery. It works intermittently if I squeeze it on the end where the wires exit. Bad solder joint or something. Calling for another replacement and/or see if they'll do a refund. I'd be perfectly willing to send both batteries back, but they don't want them returned in the mail from customers, per their verbal and written policy.
HH should ask you to send back all the faulty batteries for checking.If someone knows that HH is not requiring the old battery back it is easy to claim that the new battery has problem also, and the next one also...etc...

don't take it personally i am speaking generally...
amartolos is offline Find More Posts by amartolos
Last edited by amartolos; Aug 16, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Explain your position and the fact that the one battery that "works" also never gets to full charge. Andy and the HH rep I talked to on Sunday said it should turn out the light when the charge is complete. I think I'll defer to their expertise.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:30 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,295 Posts
Quote:
Bonner, you may have the blue light functions mixed up. The Blue Light does not turn off when you are charging the stock OEM NiMh 2000mah 4.8v battery.
The Blue Light does and or should turn off when fully charged. If it does not not then you either have charging system issues or battery issues.

Hey Skidder87, just by any chance did you remember to change the battery type to lipo in the system menu?
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amartolos View Post
HH should ask you to send back all the faulty batteries for checking.If someone knows that HH is not requiring the old battery back it is easy to claim that the new battery has problem also, and the next one also...etc...

don't take it personally i am speaking generally...
I hear you and I have no problem sending both batteries back. I offered to do it last time and I'll offer to do it again. I'll see what they say when I call them later today. I can always fly on the stock pack and/or my old DX7 in the mean time. Besides, why would I want to scam TX lipos? It's not like they're flight packs where more is always better. I just need ONE of these to work as advertised.