HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Well, if or when you are satisfied it works properly, you will not believe how LONG it lasts!
I'm finding that out now. I flew with it yesterday and today in addition to leaving it on for many hours on end. Still going strong on the original battery. Haven't messed with the new one yet because I wanted to get a couple of cycles on it to see if it charges more fully and shuts the charge indicator light off, per the HH rep I talked to on Sunday.
Skidder87 is offline Find More Posts by Skidder87
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Andy, thanks for the huge update, i couldn't Imagine the work that must of went into it, I personally am enjoying it.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
So you got your new battery cause you call HH to complain about the one you had, they sent you a new one and your still using the old one.

Looks like the price for that battery won't be coming down anytime soon.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:51 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
So you got your new battery cause you call HH to complain about the one you had, they sent you a new one and your still using the old one.

Agreed. This kind of thing sickens me.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:52 PM View Post
3d Marky
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while 3d Marky edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post

They told me NOT to send it back. Horizon has a policy of NOT accepting lipos in the mail from customers. He told me to keep it as a backup. I called because the battery was NOT performing as advertised. It never charged above 8.2V and the charge light never went out after 72+ straight hours of charging. He offered a replacement before I could even got to the point of asking for one.

Want it in official writing? Look in their on-line service form. Third page, third item under "terms and conditions". It says DO NOT ship lipos back. They even make you sign that you have read and understand the "terms and conditions". The HH rep flat out told me to keep it as a back up. Got it?
Last edited by Skidder87; Aug 15, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:59 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d Marky View Post
Sorry to defect from the topic however,

Who is this Skidder87 and who does he think he is!!!
I've been following this thread with interest and his negative attacks on people (ie Andy) who are trying to help is very destructive. With an attitude like that he wouldn’t last five minutes over our flying field before being dragged away by the struff of his neck.
As a forum Moderator myself constructive criticism is fine however constant negative comments within the thread or on individuals is not tolerated and results in a lifetime ban.

Admin/ Moderators please take note of this post.
Hi Marky

If you read any posts that break the rules: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php just click the report button so a moderator can take a look. We, the users, must alert the mod team because they don't have time to patrol all the sub forums.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Gerry__; Aug 15, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:00 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder87 View Post
22 posts and you're think you're doing "mod" duties?
Thin ice, skidder, thin ice.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Whatever.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
Hi Marky

If you read any posts that break the rules: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php just click the report button so a moderator can take a look. We, the users, must alert the mod team because they don't have time to patrol all the sub forums.
I looked at that list. I broke no such rules. Your misguided interpretation is solely your own. Telling someone who is responsible for this update (and specifically claimed that this radio is "his baby") that people are having real problems with to get back in here and address it is not an "attack", no matter what you think.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:15 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,994 Posts
Quote:
I looked at that list. I broke no such rules. Your misguided interpretation is solely your own. Telling someone who is responsible for this update (and specifically claimed that this radio is "his baby") that people are having real problems with to get back in here and address it is not an "attack", no matter what you think.
My 'misguided interpretation' of what? I merely gave a member some general advice on reporting posts.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
My 'misguided interpretation' of what? I merely gave a member some general advice on reporting posts.
"General", yet you quoted him using my name.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:24 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,994 Posts
Quote:
"General", yet you quoted him using my name.
I've removed your name so, hopefully, it appears more general.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
I've removed your name so, hopefully, it appears more general.
Doesn't matter. The exact same post with name is still two posts up but, hey, why don't you guys knock it off. At least my stuff, even if you didn't "like it" was actually on topic.