HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:32 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Is it possible to have people that far away from the noisey racket it makes, cherping and rattling like mad? I think my fav part is the one last loud noise it makes even after you turn it off.

Point now is the DX18 has it configurable, so I guess the talk long ago it was due to legal issues was a bit of BS. It seems more about pushing people to new radios and not about addressing configurability, or too few devs jumping on the next product and leaving the older models to gather dust. Be nice to see better ongoing support than the mad rush to do a new radio, will build better customer loyalty long term.
There was alot of "Bee Ess" then and now! It is really a shame.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:02 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,445 Posts
Quote:
Point now is the DX18 has it configurable, so I guess the talk long ago it was due to legal issues was a bit of BS.
Go check the thread and see who made that assumption and then ran with the ball.

Quote:
Be nice to see better ongoing support than the mad rush to do a new radio ...
If you only could see what really does happen, I think you'd take that back.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:33 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Go check the thread and see who made that assumption and then ran with the ball.

Andy
I am on post #206 and this is your first comment addressing the repeated question as to why is it not configurable.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=206

VP
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:43 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
This may be reassuring, I think (Hope)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=256

VP
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:42 PM
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Mar 2009
249 Posts
I'm Back
I just have to put my two bits in on the inactivity alarm while setting up an airplane. My workshop is in a detached building from My living space where I can do stinky stuff like dope paint etc. which admittedly gives me an advantage over others who assemble on the coffee or kitchen table. Whenever I am mechanically trimming or setting up I always work with a flannel cloth on the bench so as to inhibit little bits, screws, washers, clevis lockers and other such parts to bounce off the bench to the floor that I always seem to be neglecting of sweeping, making said bits hard to find amongst the rubble on the floor. I have had my DX8 inactivity alarm excite but having it on the work cloth deters it from walking off the bench. another method I use is an old mouse pad to keep it in place. Procedures like this are much like doing up your seat belt when you drive your vehicle, you know the risk, implement the safety features.

Just My two bits worth but it's part of dealing with what we have to deal with.

Brian T.
GBRellic is offline Find More Posts by GBRellic
Last edited by GBRellic; Jul 18, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:45 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
But I can't see that and can only assume why such a simple feature isn't available and I've also seen you state both legal reasons as well as keeping it as a feature for higher end radios so it hard to know what to believe anymore to be honest.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:47 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Yes it is a nice option and probably why it's in the DX18.
The options in the 18 are
Off,ON, then up to 60secs (forget the increments)

Now that you ask for it I am sure it will be added if not already added to the list of future updates for it.
Possibilty of features working it's way down the line of radios.
what about tone/vibe option?
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:50 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,284 Posts
What about it? I was talking about the LCD display adjustability. There is no Tone and Vibe function for the Display.
Could you be a bit more specific?
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:51 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,127 Posts
Quote:
What about it? I was talking about the LCD display adjustability. There is no Tone and Vibe function for the Display.
Could you be a bit more specific?
oh sorry I thought timeout alarm..
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:54 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1 View Post
oh sorry I thought timeout alarm..
From the DX18 manual...

Inactive Alarm
The time delay for when the inactivity alarm begins can be adjusted from Inhibit to 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes.

Extra Settings
System sound can turn off sounds. Vibrator can be turned off. Trim display on the main screen has three options INH, Boxed Boxes and Boxed Arrows.

Not sure if vibe can be set off for just inactivity, not clear on that but seems no.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:58 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,284 Posts
The Sound and Vibe options are per model and apply for all features. You have sound and or vibe for that model.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,974 Posts
Quote:
The Sound and Vibe options are per model and apply for all features. You have sound and or vibe for that model.
But does that apply to global functions as well like inactivity which really isn't model related?
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,284 Posts
Haven't left it alone long enough to even trigger the 5 min alarm so could not tell you right now for that specific question.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:12 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,445 Posts
Quote:
But I can't see that and can only assume why such a simple feature isn't available and I've also seen you state both legal reasons as well as keeping it as a feature for higher end radios so it hard to know what to believe anymore to be honest.
I didn't start the legal thing, I told people not to continue to bring it up as such and give them any ideas. As I recall, somebody was smart enough to realize that it wasn't a legal issue because we already had it in two radios.

I have been pretty emphatic all along that features reserved for the high end trickle their way down over time. Grumpy misunderstood the wording and assumed that because it was in a higher end radio it wouldn't work its way down. Shoot, 8 channels used to be a pro-level radio, now it's a mid-range feature. Dual Rates weren't available except on pro radios, and a DX4e has them today. I think you can easily find references to my low/mid Kia having better features than my wife's high-end Hyundai of 5 years earlier.

Get the attributions correct. The forum is rife with people making assumptions and jumping to whacky conclusions that are totally removed from any basis in fact. When we get a good idea from a user, I thank him for it. If it shows up in a product, I don't mind telling him (even if it's a bug fix like Struggle reported a few months back).

I'm just happy adding the features as I've been doing for years. We'll continue to make these Spektrum radios the best bang for the buck for a long time.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
I'm so confused. If a person is unhappy enough to repeatedly complain about a product, why don't they sell the product and buy another that they'd be happy with? It just seems like people are biting the hands that feed them and I don't understand that...maybe I'm just dumb or something.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe