Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:05 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
That was a darn good question. Thanks.Andy
Cause the more I think about it I release the stylus after I started the bind and so it mite of BOUND in the second mode. I guess I can only confirm by testing it OR like you said BIND the AR8000 alone afterwards.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:05 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
I got the telemetry to work with my AR6200 in my T-34. That is a great feature, especially to be able to see the voltage drop under full throttle. It will be interesting to see the evolution of the future telemetry sensors.
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:07 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,888 Posts
The Telemetry unit will work with ANY RX but the FLIGHT LOG only works with DATA ready RX's. I have TM1100 FLYBY telemetry ordered for my smaller planes and cant wait to test those out.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:08 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
That is a great feature, especially to be able to see the voltage drop under full throttle.VP
But all you needed for that was a WATT METER.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:09 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
But all you needed for that was a WATT METER.
While I am flying?
VP
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:10 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,611 Posts
Quote:
Cause the more I think about it I release the stylus after I started the bind and so it mite of BOUND in the second mode. I guess I can only confirm by testing it OR like you said BIND the AR8000 alone afterwards.
When you release the stylus makes no difference on the type of AR8000 bind you get. The rx will always bind the same way when the TM1000 initiates the bind.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:14 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,888 Posts
You said full throttle, you did not specify if you want FULL THROTTLE on the ground or in the air UN-LOADED.

In that case my data logger records MAX amps and that would be on takeoff. But my ESC data logging recorded the rest for me to see afterwards.

Yes I am looking forward to getting that information on my screen while flying BUT most of the info I already new from previous flights using the proper equipement.

YOu should already know what your plane is pulling in the air otherwise YOU were putting your motor and esc at risk without knowing whats going on.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:17 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
You said full throttle, you did not specify if you want FULL THROTTLE on the ground or in the air UN-LOADED.

In that case my data logger records MAX amps and that would be on takeoff. But my ESC data logging recorded the rest for me to see afterwards.

Yes I am looking forward to getting that information on my screen while flying BUT most of the info I already new from previous flights using the proper equipement.

YOu should already know what your plane is pulling in the air otherwise YOU were putting your motor and esc at risk without knowing whats going on.
I am quite aware of what I needed to know, like how much of a voltage drop I am getting near LVC.
VP
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:20 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,888 Posts
Quote:
When you release the stylus makes no difference on the type of AR8000 bind you get. The rx will always bind the same way when the TM1000 initiates the bind. Andy
WHY DO YOU SAY THAT you know this for a fact.

Cause the AR8000 has 3 different FAIL SAFE features and 1 SMART FAILSAFE for throttle is ALWAY active BUT the other 2 are selected DURING binding and the way to do so is when binding the AR8000 once you inserted the bind plug in the AR8000 and powered it on the led will flash indicating BINDing.

YOU THEN REMOVE the bind plug PRIOR to powering on the TX in BIND mode. This will put the AR8000 in one type of failsafe for the other channels AND if you leave the bind plug in the bind port when following the bind steps from the radio, the AR8000 will bind in the other failsafe mode.

Now since the TM1000 is connected in the DATA/BIND port of the AR8000 they included the bind button on the TM1000.

My question still remains a good one when I asked if its the same method.

HOLDING BIND BUTTON OR RELEASING IT ONCE THE SYSTEM INDICATES BIND MODE PRIOR to powering the TX.

IF you know this cause you read it or something can you provide me with the link so I can read it also. THANKS
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:23 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I am quite aware of what I needed to know, like how much of a voltage drop I am getting near LVC.
VP
I understand, I was just commenting since you never mention while you were flying part but simply stated it was going to be nice to see the amps on full throttle. Hence why I replied that it can be done with watt meter.

Sorry for offending you or if my remark seamed anything other then legit.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:26 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,611 Posts
John Adams was sitting at my desk with me when I saw the question. I just asked him.

John has more time than anybody on the planet working with the TM1000 in more models of different types than you or I can imagine. He also spec'd the operation for many of the Spektrum products, and runs the testing. I can't think of a better way to know, other than to open the code file and examine it for myself for a few hours.

Andy

PS He agreed that it was a very good question. Thanks for asking it!
Site Sponsor
Last edited by AndyKunz; Sep 29, 2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: PS
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:28 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,888 Posts
Hold Last Command
If you lose connection, all channels except for throttle channel hold last given command and the aircraft continues on its path. So, if you were turning when connection was lost, your aircraft would continue turning.
How to Program
1. Leave the bind plug in the bind port through the entire binding process.
2. Remove bind plug only after receiver connects to transmitter full throttle.

Preset Failsafe
If the signal is lost, all channels are driven to their failsafe position set during binding.
Preset Failsafe is ideal for sailplanes, as spoliers can be deployed during loss of signal, preventing a flyaway.
How To Program
1. Insert the bind plug and power on the receiver.
2. When the receiver LEDs blink indicating bind mode, remove bind plug before binding the transmitter to the receiver.
3. LED lights will continue to blink.
4. Move transmitter’s control sticks and switches to the desired Preset Failsafe positions then turn it on in bind mode.
5. The system should connect in less than 15 seconds.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:30 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,888 Posts
Quote:
When you release the stylus makes no difference on the type of AR8000 bind you get. The rx will always bind the same way when the TM1000 initiates the bind. Andy
OK and what way is that going to BE since theres more then one option?

PRE-SET FAILSAFE or HOLD LAST COMMAND???
Old Sep 29, 2010, 01:13 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,611 Posts
Read post 1575 again please. Compare that to 1587. ==> Hold Last.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 29, 2010, 01:47 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
PC Interface Software

I've been watching this thread since I pre-ordered my DX8 in August. I'm new to RC and I've been using a DX5e for awhile and decided to upgrade. I can't wait till that DX8 arrives!

I'm also a software developer. ChilternFlyer asked a few posts back whether there was PC interface software in the works. I'm assuming Horizon will come out with something, but I decided to take a stab at it.

Since I don't have a radio yet, everything is based on what's in the manual. If someone is so inclined, I could use some XML configuration files, especially default configuration files.
KevinE is offline Find More Posts by KevinE