Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:12 AM
always looking for clouds
Joined Aug 2010
423 Posts
Can someone please help me?

I dont understand the telemetry rx battery readout!

No matte what rx battery i put on......fully charged.....the tx will only read that the battery as one quarter charged......and when i wiggle the sticks it goes up a little as if it reads backwards.

I dont understand it and all it does is set off low battey alarm.
socommk23 is offline Find More Posts by socommk23
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,098 Posts
You can set the rx voltage display for the telemetry. Just set it according to your voltage. My bec is programmed for 6.0 v. I have telemetry set for 6.1.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Aug 2010
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
You can set the rx voltage display for the telemetry. Just set it according to your voltage. My bec is programmed for 6.0 v. I have telemetry set for 6.1.
Im talking about the rx battery not flight battery. And i have no idea how to set the display to 6 volts. Cant findanything in the manual. And it still wont help with the display itself only reading quarter charged
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Mar 2006
490 Posts
Quote:
They don't actualy produce 2 different radios, they just have batches programmed for there destation country.
Not sure about that, I think I saw a picture in another topic (about modding a kill switch) where a pcb had clearly marked US on it...(but then again I am not 100% anymore if that was a DX8 on the inside...)
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:52 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23 View Post
Can someone please help me?

I dont understand the telemetry rx battery readout!

No matte what rx battery i put on......fully charged.....the tx will only read that the battery as one quarter charged......and when i wiggle the sticks it goes up a little as if it reads backwards.

I dont understand it and all it does is set off low battey alarm.
Which voltage are you looking at? The TM1000 reports two voltages.

The receiver battery pack voltage is the one you see with the little battery symbol. The value shown is the value that is powering your servos. If you are using an ESC to power your receiver and servos, then the output voltage from its BEC is what you see. That will generally be in the 4.5-6V range.

The other voltage is called "flight pack" by the transmitter. To measure this voltage, you need to use the red/black wire harness that came with the radio system. The red lead gets connected to the battery pack's red.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:55 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,098 Posts
I too am talking about rx.

Go in the telemetry screen under the rx voltage section.

Change the setting. If you select example 6v go high and 5 for low low with every .1v change the display will change a lot. If you select 6v high and 4v low then every .1v change the display will change a little.

For 6.0v output I like to select 6.1 for high as the makes the display show full but leave one little space near the tip and it looks good not that we're looking while flying.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Aug 2010
423 Posts
Quote:
I too am talking about rx.

Go in the telemetry screen under the rx voltage section.

Change the setting. If you select example 6v go high and 5 for low low with every .1v change the display will change a lot. If you select 6v high and 4v low then every .1v change the display will change a little.

For 6.0v output I like to select 6.1 for high as the makes the display show full but leave one little space near the tip and it looks good not that we're looking while flying.
Thanks for your help......but it doesnt give me a max range only a minimum range
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:56 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,098 Posts
What AirWare version are you using? 2.04 is the most current version.

Quote:
• Enabled adjustment of the telemetry receiver voltage display bar. Adjusting the
low and high setpoints (high is NOT an alarm) you are adjusting the scaling of
the bar graph for Rx Voltage
This was implemented in 2.03, you maybe still running on 2.02 or earlier.
Last edited by freechip; Apr 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:16 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Wow, you got lucky on the timing this morning!

The EU law specifies power limits that are about 1/2 the values for the US. There is always concern with any sort of electromagnetic radiation; the standards actually specify test methods and distances between your for normal operation and things like that. (Hands are not part of the body - go figure!)

My guess is that it has more to do with the EU being a more physically cramped/close quarters place vs. the wide-open USA rather than being "harmful" radiation. If you reduce everybody's power level, it allows more users.

The range is not a huge decrease, even though the power is only half. That's because power is related to the cube of the distance - think of it as the volume of space filled with signal. The range is still way farther than you can see a model.

Andy
Why am I "Lucky"? Is the new update being release today with trim display and inactivity alarm upgrades?

VP

PS As long as my plane would fly just fine with the Euro power level I would prefer that and feel safer from 2.4GHz radiation.
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Why am I "Lucky"? Is the new update being release today with trim display and inactivity alarm upgrades?

VP

PS As long as my plane would fly just fine with the Euro power level I would prefer that and feel safer from 2.4GHz radiation.
2.4GHz (and MANY other frequencies) radiation is around you pretty much everywhere you go. There's no evidence out there that it causes any harm to people. Many different nations have different levels set as standards. It mostly has to do with the infrastructure of the area and not because it is a "safe" level.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:36 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcnally View Post
2.4GHz (and MANY other frequencies) radiation is around you pretty much everywhere you go. There's no evidence out there that it causes any harm to people. Many different nations have different levels set as standards. It mostly has to do with the infrastructure of the area and not because it is a "safe" level.
It is the short wavelengths that I am concerned with. I understand radio waves are all around us, it is the recent "Flood" of "Wifi" I dont trust.

VP

Taken from Wiki:

Health issues

Further information: Wireless electronic devices and health

A small percentage of Wi-Fi users have reported adverse health issues after repeat exposure and use of Wi-Fi,[58] though there has been no publication of any effects being observable in double-blind studies. A review of studies involving 725 people that claimed electromagnetic hypersensitivity found no evidence for their claims.[59] The ubiquity of Wi-Fi has led to calls for more research into the effects of "electronic smog".[60]

One study speculated that "laptops (Wi-Fi mode) on the lap near the testicles may result in decreased male fertility".[61] Another study found decreased working memory among males during Wi-Fi exposure.[62]

The World Health Organization (WHO) says "there is no risk from low level, long-term exposure to wi-fi networks" and the United Kingdom's Health Protection Agency reports that exposure to Wi-Fi for a year results in "same amount of radiation from a 20-minute mobile phone call." [63][64]

In November 2010 research results were published by Wageningen University and Research Centre, the Netherlands, which indicates that electromagnetic radiation may play a role in a deterioration in the health of trees. In a laboratory setting it appeared that portions of leaves of Ash saplings, after having been exposed for over three months to a radiation source similar to a wifi-access point, withered and died. The authors of the report noted however that further long-term tests were necessary. [65
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:01 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
There have been a ridiculous amount of studies done on this subject and nothing has been found to substantiate the claims of these people claiming to have electromagnetic hypersensitivity. I was just listening to a science podcast not too long ago and they were talking about this guy from Europe that spent millions of dollars to move to some isolated property in the mountains to get away from all of the cell towers that were "causing him harm". After a year of living there he claimed that he felt cured. The only problem was that he wasn't aware that there was a cell tower nearby that covered the area where he built his home. Most of that crap is in people's heads.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:06 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcnally View Post
There have been a ridiculous amount of studies done on this subject and nothing has been found to substantiate the claims of these people claiming to have electromagnetic hypersensitivity. I was just listening to a science podcast not too long ago and they were talking about this guy from Europe that spent millions of dollars to move to some isolated property in the mountains to get away from all of the cell towers that were "causing him harm". After a year of living there he claimed that he felt cured. The only problem was that he wasn't aware that there was a cell tower nearby that covered the area where he built his home. Most of that crap is in people's heads.
I am still not convinced, sorry.

VP