HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, CA, Hermosa Beach
Joined Feb 2011
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Sorry. Go to the Switch Select screen and change Flap to Aux2 (you have to remove Aux2 from Aux2 first).

Andy
Wow! Fantastic! Thank you, works like a charm... Now in the future is this something I should be setting up myself in the mix menu? Can I do this myself or did you have to code it? Thanks again. Great support.
NewPil0t is offline Find More Posts by NewPil0t
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:16 AM
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Mar 2009
249 Posts
Flap Mix

What you are describing here may not be aerodynamically favorable and greatly amplify a stall condition that we try to avoid by building or programing in aileron differential.
Just my thoughts but hey give it a try, might make for some excitement.

Brian T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
As long as we are on mixing questions, here's mine. Its a two parter, first the set up:
I have ailerons on 2 servos out of the rx using a "Y" I have 2 servos on Flaps out of the receiver on a "Y" Flaps are fowler type in other words No possibility of going in the UP direction.

So first question is how many channels do I need in order to have the following on activation of the "F" switch (if its even possible) My scenario would be pull switch from 0 to 1 on activation, when the left aileron goes down, the flap on the left side deflects down too. On the right side the aileron goes up, but the flap does nothing. I've just described a right turn, a left turn would be just the opposite, in other words the right aileron goes down, when the enable switch is in position 1 so the right flap extends to the first notch (Another hitch is that, at this point I DO NOT WANT Flaps moving at slow speed) and on the left side of the wing the aileron goes up the flap doesn't move.

I guess there are really 3 questions: 1. Can it be done? 2. How many channels are required. 3. Is this a viable mix and can us Aero guys do something with that helicopter switch?

This noodle buster should keep the Guru's up for a while.

Here's a shot of the intended victim with the flaps all the way down:
From the rear

under side showing the flap attach points in those pod things

top view...

Thanks
GBRellic is offline Find More Posts by GBRellic
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:40 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
Wow... You probably have a degree in micro-electronics, to me this sounds like chinese.

Is the CC10a bec (which everybody seems to love) by any chance suitable for this 'dual Rx powering' (in combi with a AR600 for example)?
Ask CC, the know it.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:42 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC website
NOTE: CC BEC Pro should never be operated in series or parallel with another BEC or backup receiver pack connected to the RX/Servo side of the circuit
Your answer on there webpage here. Will guess the same applies for the CC 10A version.

They do show you how to wire 2 CC 10A bec to one system but the 2 are not powering the whole system together but share half the system between one an other.

If you rc warrants you to want to ensure power is never lost get the proper power box systems with multiple packs, otherwise just ensure you have a proper power source and you shouldn't have any problems.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Apr 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:50 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,516 Posts
i just bought the dx8 lipo turnigy battery from HK. I know i need to switch the batt settings in the TX from NiMh to Lipo. Is that it? Do i need to adjust the charging cutoff at a certain voltage?

Anything else? I want to charge the lipo using the standard wall charger that came with the DX8. I just want to avoid taking the lipo out of the TX to charge it.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:52 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,295 Posts
Connect the battery first then go into the setup and change NiMh to Lipo, adjust your low voltage alarm if you like or leave it at the default value.

Then connect the stock power supply and let it charge for 30-40 hours or until the blue histogram turns off.

You may want to consider charing it for the first time using your main lipo charger to reduce the initial charge time.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,516 Posts
thanks, freechip.

The problem with my regular lipo charger is i don't have an adapter for the discharge plug. All my charging cables are Deans and Anderson PowerPoles.

Regarding low voltage, the default is something around 4.8v, right? That would be too low for a 2cell lipo, no? So I'd want bump it up to something around 6.5v?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:14 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
6,242 Posts
If you didn't change the default lipo value, it should be in that range.

What does your volts display show?

If at the top, you have not yet changed the setting.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:17 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,516 Posts
right now my display shows 5.0v, but i haven't charged it in a few days. I've never messed with the default lipo value. So it should be at whatever the default value is from the manufacturer with the NiMh battery. So this is why i was concerned the default low voltage alarm would be too low with a lipo batter.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:21 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
6,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
right now my display shows 5.0v, but i haven't charged it in a few days. I've never messed with the default lipo value. So it should be at whatever the default value is from the manufacturer with the NiMh battery. So this is why i was concerned the default low voltage alarm would be too low with a lipo batter.
O.K., when you change the setting to "lipo," it will change the default low voltage warning threshold and change the meter display to show higher voltages.

So, plug in the lipo, turn on the tx and follow the manual!

You will note that the lipo causes the display to be slightly brighter, too.

If your battery is defective, contact Hongy Kongy!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:25 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,516 Posts
Johnathan - thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:29 PM
Citizen# 145
United States, MA
Joined Sep 2011
1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
i just bought the dx8 lipo turnigy battery from HK. I know i need to switch the batt settings in the TX from NiMh to Lipo. Is that it? Do i need to adjust the charging cutoff at a certain voltage?

Anything else? I want to charge the lipo using the standard wall charger that came with the DX8. I just want to avoid taking the lipo out of the TX to charge it.
I'm curious about the same thing with my DX7s... I was looking at getting a 7.4V 2700mAh lipo for my TX and didn't know if I could use the built in charger since Spektrum only officially has a 4000mAh lipo for the TX.
{}{steve}{} is online now Find More Posts by {}{steve}{}
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:35 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPil0t View Post
Wow! Fantastic! Thank you, works like a charm... Now in the future is this something I should be setting up myself in the mix menu? Can I do this myself or did you have to code it? Thanks again. Great support.
I manually touched one line in the SPM file. It's a text file. You can use WordPad to edit it (not Word and not Notepad). Just compare the two files side-by-side and you'll see what I did and it should make sense.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:01 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
As long as we are on mixing questions, here's mine. Its a two parter, first the set up:
I have ailerons on 2 servos out of the rx using a "Y" I have 2 servos on Flaps out of the receiver on a "Y" Flaps are fowler type in other words No possibility of going in the UP direction. ... Thanks
Hey Franco, I got it figured for you and if you still want to give it a try considering what was mentioned to you about airplane pilots wanting differential which basicaly limits the down aileron give me a shout threw PM and will gladly help you out.

If you are not using the gear channel I have figured out to work with the gear channel so no need to change receiver.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:13 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,354 Posts
Freechip,
I cannot find a button labeled PM when I click on your "freechip" logo... trying to send you some info in the blogger section.

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly