HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:18 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amartolos View Post
hello i bought mine dx8 combo with 2 extra receivers 2 days ago, i ve registered the product, updated the firmware to 2.04 and replaced the stock sticks with the sticks from the walkera 2801pro>i am a thumb pilot and i ve found that dx8 sticks to slip off my thumbs quite ealisy.i want to buy this pair of sticks http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-Gim...item2c61a2ebda

these are the sticks from dx18??
Yes I found the stock sticks to be terrible, I put the ones from my DX6i on it for now. I may buy some from Horizon but I think they had problems with them fitting.
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:25 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Yes I found the stock sticks to be terrible, I put the ones from my DX6i on it for now. I may buy some from Horizon but I think they had problems with them fitting.
VP
The date in the picture is July 4, 2012. It's only April.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:30 AM
Heli addicted.
Joined Jan 2012
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
dd/mm/year
amartolos is offline Find More Posts by amartolos
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,102 Posts
Quote:
dd/mm/year
Thanks!
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:45 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
dd/mm/year
Why!
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:03 AM
Heli addicted.
Joined Jan 2012
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Why!
Ron
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country
amartolos is offline Find More Posts by amartolos
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Jan 2006
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Why!
Ron
And to think other countries think we're ignorant of the rest of the world. They even do this in canada... and they aren't even a real country!
Brian Dorff is offline Find More Posts by Brian Dorff
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:18 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
That's how advanced of a radio it is! LOL.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:58 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dorff View Post
... They even do this in canada... and they aren't even a real country!
At least we don't discriminate and use all 3
Quote:
All 3 main types are used in Canada
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:08 AM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Yes.Please Export the SPM file.Upload it here so it can be looked at.Change .SPM to .TXT so it will upload.Also please indicate exactly which ports on the Rx you are using and where all the servos/devices are plugged in.
Here are two files. the 06Jim is working one with elevons and my mixing added to enable it to work. The 26Test files is the elevon and no mixes added (In this case the left servo does not function at all even though the monitor shows them working. Rcvrs tried: AR9000 and two Orange 6 channnel rcvrs. All show the same results.

Inputs to receiver: Right Airleron servo into Airleron, Left Airleon servo in Aux1, ESC/Thottle in Throttle.

Let me know if there is anything else that might assist. Sure would like this to be me rather than the DX8. I am going to field in a little while and will have friend import the profiles and see what happens on his DX8
wcessna is offline Find More Posts by wcessna
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:18 AM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
158 Posts
Eurika. Elvon -B now working!

Eureka! I found it!!! You have to put the left servo in the Elevator slot of the rcver! Boy was that hard. Not sure I know where that is documented. I can only guess I missed it somewhere along the line. Boy that was a few hours learning the hard way.
wcessna is offline Find More Posts by wcessna
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcessna View Post
Here are two files. the 06Jim is working one with elevons and my mixing added to enable it to work. The 26Test files is the elevon and no mixes added (In this case the left servo does not function at all even though the monitor shows them working. Rcvrs tried: AR9000 and two Orange 6 channnel rcvrs. All show the same results.

Inputs to receiver: Right Airleron servo into Airleron, Left Airleon servo in Aux1, ESC/Thottle in Throttle.

Let me know if there is anything else that might assist. Sure would like this to be me rather than the DX8. I am going to field in a little while and will have friend import the profiles and see what happens on his DX8
To use the default elevon - you use ail n elev slots in the rx.
I checked this using my dx8 and a 9 ch rx (tho it works same on others )
Also you will see similiar "problems" if you try selecting a wing type which automatically uses other rx outputs than you chose.
I just did a 1/5 scale p51 and when setting up with dual elev and dual rudders (one ch for tailwheel), the retract rx slot was used
I went into mix screens and did what I needed - and the retract switch remained "normal."
I have a bench test setup :a 9 ch rx and all servo slots used (servos installed ).
I try out various combos to see they actually work - NOT what the monitor shows.
The DX8 is my favorite radio - You do have to familiarize yourself with preset setups , in wing/tail types.
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Last edited by richard hanson; Apr 08, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:23 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
OK, that is way cool.

BTW: I also think that it is also cool that RCGroups gives us the opportunity to put, in our profile, where we are from. That way people from all over the world have the opportunity to get introduced to everyone's customs, climates, time zones, date formates, etc., that makes up the wonderful diversity of all users.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:48 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcessna View Post
Eureka! I found it!!! You have to put the left servo in the Elevator slot of the rcver! Boy was that hard. Not sure I know where that is documented. I can only guess I missed it somewhere along the line. Boy that was a few hours learning the hard way.
Very good.Glad to see you got it.
This is another way the monitor can really help.Always pay close attention to the positions and order of the servos.The labeling on the monitor may be different than what is printed on the Rx.The order wont change but the labeling may.Always go by the order on the monitor.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:53 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
821 Posts
Spektrum SR3300T DSM receiver

Hi,
I have a DX8 and am looking at purchasing a Spektrum SR3300T DSM receiver I need to know if the receiver will tell me the voltage of the RX battery without needing to buy any sensors and also will the voltage show on the TX screen somewhere
ToniGe23 is offline Find More Posts by ToniGe23