HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:14 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
You forgot gonorrhea in most users. LOL.
Dont forget:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWshellshock.htm

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asthenopia

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Now thats funny!
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:26 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Now thats funny!
It is vital to maintain a sense of humour in this hobby! It seems scarce here too often.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:41 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
6,214 Posts
Hm, I can't imagine why.

Now, let's see, I just open a vein so I can sign the articles of conspiracy and I'm done?

Ah, my soul belongs to ....
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:22 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Hm, I can't imagine why.

Now, let's see, I just open a vein so I can sign the articles of conspiracy and I'm done?

Ah, my soul belongs to ....
Now that was genuinely funny!

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:38 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,853 Posts
Any way to put thro cut on a switch with a mix on it?

I've got idle mix on aux 2 and I would like to put the thro cut on it also
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Apr 07, 2012, 07:08 PM
mondo1948
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2007
1,015 Posts
When I bought my DX8, I immediately bought the TX pack in the link below....5th item down and sold the NIMH battery that came with the radio.

http://www.hangtimes.com/txpacks.html

"Everydayflyer", who many of you may know from this forum...(he posts frequently in the battery and charger topic), recommended these batteries a long time ago.

I've used one of these packs before in my DX7 radio and it worked great. Since they are comprised of Sanyo Eneloop batteries, which can take over 1,000 charges and better yet, will hold 85% of their charge for up to a year, I can charge today, fly for a couple of weeks, at least 3-4 times/week, and then recharge, right in the radio. If I don't go flying for a long length of time, they don't drop their charge. Their 2000mah capacity is larger than the stock battery and for $28.95, I don't have to worry about the "lipo" issues people are talking about.

Mondo
mondo1948 is offline Find More Posts by mondo1948
Last edited by mondo1948; Apr 07, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 07:16 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Any way to put thro cut on a switch with a mix on it?

I've got idle mix on aux 2 and I would like to put the thro cut on it also
Not exactly sure what your asking. Im assuming your using a DX8.
aux2/Gov switch is not an option in the mix menus.
If I understand correctly that you want a forced idle in one position and the cut in another position on the same switch you would have to use FM.
Unless Im not correctly looking at what you want to do.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Apr 07, 2012, 07:56 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Not exactly sure what your asking. Im assuming your using a DX8.
aux2/Gov switch is not an option in the mix menus.
If I understand correctly that you want a forced idle in one position and the cut in another position on the same switch you would have to use FM.
Unless Im not correctly looking at what you want to do.
I may be missing something here but I have ax2 on my idle mix
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo1948 View Post
When I bought my DX8, I immediately bought the TX pack in the link below....5th item down and sold the NIMH battery that came with the radio.

http://www.hangtimes.com/txpacks.html

"Everydayflyer", who many of you may know from this forum...(he posts frequently in the battery and charger topic), recommended these batteries a long time ago.

I've used one of these packs before in my DX7 radio and it worked great. Since they are comprised of Sanyo Eneloop batteries, which can take over 1,000 charges and better yet, will hold 85% of their charge for up to a year, I can charge today, fly for a couple of weeks, at least 3-4 times/week, and then recharge, right in the radio. If I don't go flying for a long length of time, they don't drop their charge. Their 2000mah capacity is larger than the stock battery and for $28.95, I don't have to worry about the "lipo" issues people are talking about.

Mondo
The stock NiMH Spektrm pack is 2000 mah capacity as well. You haven't gained any capacity, but have gained LSD.

You do have to worry about the stock charger frying the battery if left on for more than 10 hours, if you use the stock battery.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:37 PM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
You forgot gonorrhea in most users. LOL.
You made my day. Haven't laughed so hard in a while.
CiprianGugu is offline Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:59 PM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
154 Posts
Elevon not working for left servo..

Folks.. Sent this note to Spektrum about issue I am having. Thought I would try the watching list of experts for ideas while waiting for response.

I am having a problem with elevon settings. When I select elevon (elevon or elevon-B) my right servo works but not the left. The monitor shows both elevator and aileron movements. I  can set a mix in and it does work so it is not the servo nor the receiver. ( I tried with 3 different rcvrs). I reset the  profile and  did another bind.. Did this twice. I went over this with another friend who has a dx8 and we are at a loss. This is a foamie.. I also have an eflite scimitar and downloaded the settings from the Spektrum site. It uses elevon and it works fine but I can not get this to work.

I have version 2.04 on my dx8. I have tried different profiles ... One at model 6  and one at model 23. I have twenty planes. Used the dx6i and now my dx8 for over 15 months so I am not completely clueless ( I am open to it being a user error). This is the first  I have run into this. Any ideas on this?  I may try to export this model and have it loaded on my friends dx8 and see what happens...

Although I have programmed around this I would like to be able to use the function. Btw, if I set this up as duel servo ailerons it works fine.. No issues.
wcessna is offline Find More Posts by wcessna
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:24 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcessna View Post
Folks.. Sent this note to Spektrum about issue I am having. Thought I would try the watching list of experts for ideas while waiting for response.

I am having a problem with elevon settings. When I select elevon (elevon or elevon-B) my right servo works but not the left. The monitor shows both elevator and aileron movements. I  can set a mix in and it does work so it is not the servo nor the receiver. ( I tried with 3 different rcvrs). I reset the  profile and  did another bind.. Did this twice. I went over this with another friend who has a dx8 and we are at a loss. This is a foamie.. I also have an eflite scimitar and downloaded the settings from the Spektrum site. It uses elevon and it works fine but I can not get this to work.

I have version 2.04 on my dx8. I have tried different profiles ... One at model 6  and one at model 23. I have twenty planes. Used the dx6i and now my dx8 for over 15 months so I am not completely clueless ( I am open to it being a user error). This is the first  I have run into this. Any ideas on this?  I may try to export this model and have it loaded on my friends dx8 and see what happens...

Although I have programmed around this I would like to be able to use the function. Btw, if I set this up as duel servo ailerons it works fine.. No issues.
Yes.Please Export the SPM file.Upload it here so it can be looked at.Change .SPM to .TXT so it will upload.Also please indicate exactly which ports on the Rx you are using and where all the servos/devices are plugged in.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:31 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
I may be missing something here but I have ax2 on my idle mix
Ok.Can you possibly explain exactly what your trying to accomplish and why?
I dont think this is the way to get what you want.
You say "idle mix".Im not quite understanding what you want it to do.
Are you trying to make a mix to force it to goto and stay at idle regardless of stick position when mix is On?
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:15 AM
Heli addicted.
Joined Jan 2012
232 Posts
hello i bought mine dx8 combo with 2 extra receivers 2 days ago, i ve registered the product, updated the firmware to 2.04 and replaced the stock sticks with the sticks from the walkera 2801pro>i am a thumb pilot and i ve found dx8 sticks to slip off my thumbs quite ealisy.

i want to buy this pair of sticks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-Gim...item2c61a2ebda

in order not to have to change the sticks every time i am using the dx8 or 2801pro radio.

these are the sticks from dx18??anyone who has this pair?
amartolos is offline Find More Posts by amartolos
Last edited by amartolos; Apr 08, 2012 at 08:23 AM.