SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:22 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
I have a quick dx8 question. Does anybody elses dx8 screen flash once on startup? I just got one, and when I turn it on the screen lights up, shuts off, and then instantly comes back on and stays on. It always does this. It's a small thing and I ignored it thinking it's normal, but Ive been watching tutorials on youtube, and everybody who starts their dx8, it doesn't do that. It lights up right away only once. Just wondering incase it's a sign of something.
Kawi is offline Find More Posts by Kawi
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:24 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
If being a someone who buys a product and is happy with it makes me a "fanboy"... so be it.

Beats the alternative of being a bitch n' moaner.

One is certainly happoer than the other.

JC
Well said. I am a "fanboy" of many (ok a few) products that meet or exceed my expectations and my Spek stuff is one of them. What I don't get on here are the people that complain about a product they don't have or will never own to each his own, makes for interesting reading..

Harry
Harry H is online now Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:25 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,640 Posts
It's normal start up procedure but if you need us to confirm 100%, you would have to show us what yours is doing.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:02 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi View Post
I have a quick dx8 question. Does anybody elses dx8 screen flash once on startup? I just got one, and when I turn it on the screen lights up, shuts off, and then instantly comes back on and stays on. It always does this. It's a small thing and I ignored it thinking it's normal, but Ive been watching tutorials on youtube, and everybody who starts their dx8, it doesn't do that. It lights up right away only once. Just wondering incase it's a sign of something.
Mine will flash blue for a second, go off, flash blue for a split-second, then it displays "Spektrum" for a couple seconds, thern it goes to normal screen.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:07 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Mine will flash blue for a second, go off, flash blue for a split-second, then it displays "Spektrum" for a couple seconds, thern it goes to normal screen.

VP
Good that's what I wanted to hear, thanks. It's just that all the ones on youtube didn't do that.

That's basically what happens. I turn it on, the screen flashes on for a split second, no digital writing or anything on it, just a blue screen, turns off again to grey, and then turns on with the display showing everything. After that it stays on for good.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:11 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi View Post
Good that's what I wanted to hear, thanks. It's just that all the ones on youtube didn't do that.

That's basically what happens. I turn it on, the screen flashes on for a split second, no digital writing or anything on it, just a blue screen, turns off again to grey, and then turns on with the display showing everything. After that it stays on for good.
May have been older Versions.

VP
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:12 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,640 Posts
If not mistaken this startup procedure started when DSMX was introduce or prior to a airware update it would boot up differently. You may be looking at old videos or the camera is just not picking up what you do with your eyes.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:20 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
It's probably older videos, because it doesn't flash fast, it takes a few seconds of on and off, then boot up, whereas in the videos they turn the switch and the graphics are instantly there pretty much.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:44 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,096 Posts
The flash is normal. And yes, we have streamlined things a little in newer versions.

There are a couple things that affect start-up time. The biggest one is having an SD card in it with files. As you may remember, the bootloader checks the SD card every time to see if there's a file with the right name for an update. If you don't have a card in, you can save a lot of disk accesses (the SD interface is pretty slow). The more files you have, the slower it goes, too.

After it has booted the application, there is another file check. Remember how it renames the bootloader file? Well, if there are files on the card it has to check the card again (the bootloader is a different executable than the flying application) to see if the file need to be renamed.

If you pop the SD card out, none of this has to be done and it comes to life much quicker.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:19 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
Thanks Andy, im glad to hear and understand its nothing, and i didnt end up calling the store and sounding like a dumb@$$, although ill bet they wouldnt have been able to explain it.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:38 AM View Post
seefest
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while seefest edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:43 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
you.

vp
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:38 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,891 Posts
Congratulations Gerry__,

You have testimonials that you are NOT a whiner!

Welcome to the fanboy club.

JC
JC Spohr is online now Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JC Spohr; Apr 08, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:44 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Congratulations Gerry__,

You have testimonials that you are NOT a bitch n' moaner!

Welcome to the fanboy club.

JC
Me, too: super-conspiratorial lipo (Horizon, not Hongy Kongy) on the way!

Read in the supermarket this morning, DX-8 causes massive power failure in New York power grid, cholera in India and existential misery throughout the world.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Me, too: super-conspiratorial lipo (Horizon, not Hongy Kongy) on the way!

Read in the supermarket this morning, DX-8 causes massive power failure in New York power grid, cholera in India and existential misery throughout the world.
You forgot gonorrhea in most users. LOL.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest