SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RS Rogers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 01, 2010, 02:02 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssav View Post
OK, so the way I wanted to do it will be too complicated and wont work good....
What I wanted to get is having the motor killed at low stick without having to flip any switch....all this in governed mode.
You can setup normal with -0- at the bottom and flat 30 across. 0-30-30 for your throttle in normal. You need to realize that in normal if you bring the stick all the way down the motor will shut down and have to soft start to get going so I don't suggest flying it in normal but you can use this to take off and land. After flying you can switch into idle 1 or 2 and then you wont go into -0-. The controller must see -0- to soft start and to arm.

clint@castlecreations.com
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2010, 08:01 PM
Joined Feb 2010
9 Posts
I thinking of this type of set up with the set rpm mode and auto rotation feature enabled...
Head speed tached in fixed end point mode @ 80% throttle = 2560 rpm.

Normal used as safety switch
Throttle 0-0-0-0-0
Pitch ??????

ST-1 Governor 2560rpm
Throttle 75 flat
Pitch -3 to +11

ST-2 Governor 2560rpm
Throttle 100 Flat
Pitch -11 to + 11

If I set the rpm the same I will not get a tail kick when I flip from ST-1 and ST-2 and I can use ST-1 for landing. Head speed does not really bother me, but -11 pitch close to the ground is scary.
s wall is offline Find More Posts by s wall
Old Mar 02, 2010, 06:51 AM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
For the pitch curve on the normal I would set it up with the -11 to +11. Most have all there pitch curves the same on normal & idle or stunt settings but anyway by having it like this in your normal since there is no throttle this would allow you to bench check the full range of pitch, check for binding or what ever when you do maintenance on the heli.

Steve
RS Rogers is offline Find More Posts by RS Rogers
Old Mar 15, 2010, 02:19 PM
Greece, Makedonia Thraki, Ag. Vasilios
Joined Mar 2010
105 Posts
Hello, i want to ask about cc75 ice with scorpion 1400,what gov gain-timming should i use? and if there is good set up for 3d.
Thank you.
blackbird2 is offline Find More Posts by blackbird2
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:57 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird2 View Post
Hello, i want to ask about cc75 ice with scorpion 1400,what gov gain-timming should i use? and if there is good set up for 3d.
Thank you.
I would try Out-runner and 8 PWM to see which would work the best. I would use low timing and check temps and then you may also try the mid-timing if the motor is an HK series.

The GOV gain , I would suggest staring with low and moving it up until you get the gear chatter and then I would back it down until it runs smooth. The PDFs above explain this and there is a video on setting up the GOV mode in Set rpm.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 01:49 AM
Joined Mar 2010
105 Posts
Hello and thanks for the tips. sorry to ask again but it's the first cc i have and i turn to electrics only a few months now.You mean to check the low gain in castle link and then move to mid or high ,or custom and put a number then moving up numbers.I have the3.251 version update. Motor is HK-3026-1400.

Thank you.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:50 AM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
Quote:
You mean to check the low gain in castle link and then move to mid or high ,or custom and put a number then moving up numbers.I have the3.251 version update. Motor is HK-3026-1400.

Thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 16, 2010, 01:18 PM
Joined Mar 2010
105 Posts
If i want to use flat curves and no gov , i'll check the fixxed endpoints and then i'm gonna put a flat curve in my tx like 90% or 100%?i must readjust my endpoints in my tx again or there is no need?
Thank you
Old Mar 16, 2010, 07:51 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
If i want to use flat curves and no gov , i'll check the fixxed endpoints and then i'm gonna put a flat curve in my tx like 90% or 100%?i must readjust my endpoints in my tx again or there is no need?
Thank you
Calibrate the throttle with the throttle curve at 0-50-100 and then you can set the throttle curve how ever you like.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:26 PM
Joined Mar 2010
105 Posts
Today i put a 16t pinion ,low timing and 8khz and i was very disapointed ,no power at all.Tomorow i'll try outrunner mode and normal timing.is there any good set up to put in?And another question, in tx thr crv i must put 75% in idle1 and 100% in idle2 or 100%in both, i put same headspeed in idle1 and idle2.
Thank you .
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:46 AM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
Quote:
Today i put a 16t pinion ,low timing and 8khz and i was very disapointed ,no power at all.Tomorow i'll try outrunner mode and normal timing.is there any good set up to put in?And another question, in tx thr crv i must put 75% in idle1 and 100% in idle2 or 100%in both, i put same headspeed in idle1 and idle2.
Thank you .
Did you calibrate the throttle curves in the Tx?
As far as the head speeds are you using fixed endpoints or gov. mode?
According to you previous posts it sounded like you were going with just fixed endpoints.

Steve
Old Mar 20, 2010, 04:05 PM
Joined Mar 2010
105 Posts
I use gov mode.Do i have to calibrate my tx end points in the "fixxed endpoints" mode and then set up the gov mode? What do you mean by "calibrate the throttle curves in the Tx?
Thank you and sorry for all those questions.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 03:25 AM
Oregon, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,812 Posts
Steve, I just puchased a CC PHX Ice 80HV for my first large electric heli (smaller electrics for 2-yrs).

I have read all three of the setup documents you provided several times and have just one question please.

I am using a TX with just a two position Throttle Hold switch. I like to use my TH switch as an absolute cut switch (zero setting) so there is no chance of a spoolup if I bump the stick. This brings me to the question???

Will the ESCs "Auto Rotation Enable" feature still work as designed if I set the TH switch to zero rather than set it up like you described in the setup document? In other words, If I have the TH curve set to zero and I pull the switch to peform an auto then flip the switch back off will the selectable "Head Speed Change Rate" function still work?

Bye the way, my TX (DX6i) only has two flight modes not three so I do not wish to sacrifice my "Normal" position flight mode to use as the arming/safety/cut feature which is why I ask the question above.

Hope this question makes sense to you???
RMG2 is offline Find More Posts by RMG2
Old Mar 21, 2010, 08:57 AM
MrE
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Aug 2007
2,825 Posts
Steve - I also have a question along the same lines as RMG2 posted.

Here is a quote from the PDF doc above "Setting Up Set RPM Governor Mode"

Quote:
*If you are using the Auto‐Rotation feature you will loose the
ability to use the first selected head speed as ALL points on the
Normal throttle curve will have to be set at 0 for the ESC to arm
or initiazalize on start‐up. ANY OTHER SETTING BESIDES 0 ON
AN POINT IN THE NORMAL THROTTLE CURVE COULD
RESULT IN THE UNEXPECTED STARTUP
OF THE MODEL! The
ability to use this head speed can be regained if you have the a
3 position switch on the Tx for Throttle Hold where a 0 value
can be programmed & used to show the ESC a 0 value for start
up in addition to the value for the auto rotation calibration.
Do you really need ALL the points set to zero in the Normal curve for this to work or be safe?

I have been running a Normal curve of 0,25,25,25,25 in 2 heli's with Auto Rotate enabled and it seems to work fine in tests. I havent actually done an auto but I am able to arm the esc in Normal mode and switch out of Hold with a fast start. I can also go back to Normal and get the slow spool up when I want.

Im also concerned about the Unexpected Startup comment above.

Could you clarify this?
MrE is online now Find More Posts by MrE
Old Mar 21, 2010, 09:43 AM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
RMG2
You will not be able to use the function. Once the controller sees zero when you flip into throttle hold it can only speed back up at the "Initial spool up rate".

MrE
No theoretically you do not have to have all points at zero in normal when using the Auto feature BUT the reason I recommend it is because it will be a condition on the Tx where the controller can arm but will not start with out user action such as flipping a switch. A "Safety Zone" if you wish. With this you can be assured it wont start if the throttle gets bumped and during maintenance or checking pitch on the bench you don't have to unplug anything. I like to use it just as I would if the throttle hold were still an absolute Zero.