HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2010, 06:01 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,753 Posts
The Turnigys come from a different factory than the Zippy(Rhino, Flightpower) and the Turnigy a little less performance at the same C rating. This is from practical use, as I'm using both.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2010, 01:32 PM
Norway
Joined Aug 2008
270 Posts
Noted, thanks.

Still need much more participation to this thread if its going to be any good!
Vaffel is offline Find More Posts by Vaffel
Old Feb 09, 2010, 10:42 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,705 Posts
Buy Hyperion and be done with it.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:19 AM
Norway
Joined Aug 2008
270 Posts
Ok, I'll take the hint Ill lay the thread dead, unless people suddenly find it useful. Was worth a try!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:07 AM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,705 Posts
It's your thread, keep it going as long as you'd like. My point was not to close the thread, but rather where is all the research going to lead to? You can spend hundreds of hours on research, but are you really going to find a better solution? Very few folks have any real comparison data so in the end all you're going to end up with is a bunch of personal opinions (including mine) anyway.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:30 AM
Norway
Joined Aug 2008
270 Posts
I know it wasnt meant for it to close, but wasnt really encouraging either :P

Many people out here on the forums have been in this game for years and years, and have a broad experience in batteries, and different brands, and whats good and what isnt. I think the opinion of many experienced pilots would be good enough to make this thread really useful. If this was going to be experimental proven, Id have to buy packs of all the brands out there at different C-ratings and test then up against eachother. Thats something Im not going to do for many reasons.

However, I miss a thread for the newcommers, and the pilots just past newcommer-stage, to get a feeling on what kind of batteries they should buy. Im going to buy new batteries myself very soon, as my old is semi-dead, and was looking in the forums for what type would satsify my needs. I didnt find any. But I did find out that the batteries I have been buying up to now are of rather poor quality, with a C-rating much below whats stated.

If there was a thread about this then, I would know what batteries to buy - and hopefully be more happy with what I bought.